Cerruti watch mystery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Florbela

Registered Shopper
Yesterday sometime between 9.30 - 10am bid put a Cerruti watch for sale.
Caroline, the host, started to praise it as they do, what a great designer it is, bla, bla, bla. There were question marks on the screen (no quantity no starting price).
It turned out to be a £10 Christmas Megadeal. But as soon as they announced it, the auction was closed. Just like that...
Caroline was stunned. She said something like: 'where did they go, what happened there, sorry you didn't get a chance to get it' (LOL)

What surprised me though is the fact that this auction is NOT LISTED on the previous auctions records.
Never seen anything like that on the shopping channels. Quick sales, yes, but they were always mentioned on their web page...hmmm :cheeky:

A real 'ghost auction' lol
Has anybody seen it ?

Yesterday sometime between 9.30 - 10am bid put a Cerruti watch for sale.
Caroline, the host, started to praise it as they do, what a great designer it is, bla, bla, bla. There were question marks on the screen (no quantity no starting price).
It turned out to be a £10 Christmas Megadeal. But as soon as they announced it, the auction was closed. Just like that...
Caroline was stunned. She said something like: 'where did they go, what happened there, sorry you didn't get a chance to get it' (LOL)

What surprised me though is the fact that this auction is NOT LISTED on the previous auctions records.
Never seen anything like that on the shopping channels. Quick sales, yes, but they were always mentioned on their web page...hmmm :cheeky:

A real 'ghost auction' lol
Has anybody seen it ?

It was probably a mistake or a mix-up. Bunch of amateurs, the lot of them.

Still sulking over the B&H Greg?

Florbella....£10 christmas megadeals are items which usually go for more, and they sell for £10 i.e. The watch you saw, and even a sony touch screen computer!

It wouldn't be on the previous auctions, as the £10 megadeals aren't on the tv listins online, which means they won't show up there. The same happens with multi sizes. Hope this helps :)

Still sulking over the B&H Greg?

Florbella....£10 christmas megadeals are items which usually go for more, and they sell for £10 i.e. The watch you saw, and even a sony touch screen computer!

It wouldn't be on the previous auctions, as the £10 megadeals aren't on the tv listins online, which means they won't show up there. The same happens with multi sizes. Hope this helps :)

Are you some sort of PR consultant for the shopping channels? If you are, you're not doing a very good job insulting people's intelligence and getting your facts wrong...
You mean Christmas £10 Meagdeals NOT showing like that: http://www.bid.tv/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=15&SubCat=38&Offer=4803195 ??????

Are you some sort of PR consultant for the shopping channels? If you are, you're not doing a very good job insulting people's intelligence and getting your facts wrong...
You mean Christmas £10 Meagdeals NOT showing like that: http://www.bid.tv/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=15&SubCat=38&Offer=4803195 ??????

No I'm not, I was just answering your question.

That £10 megadeal IS NOT a megadeal....they do £10 megadeals on items which USUALLY go for £10!! That item would have been online to start with as they has 100's of them, but when you get Cerruti watches, £500 sewing machines, sony vaio computer Etc. with quantities of 3-15, they AREN'T online.

No I'm not, I was just answering your question.

That £10 megadeal IS NOT a megadeal....they do £10 megadeals on items which USUALLY go for £10!! That item would have been online to start with as they has 100's of them, but when you get Cerruti watches, £500 sewing machines, sony vaio computer Etc. with quantities of 3-15, they AREN'T online.

Well, it certainly was called £10 Christmas Megadeal...about 30 times??( I actually saw it)

Are you trying to say that if they sell c**p items they list them, but if it is anything decent they keep it 'shtum'? Hmmmm....

And I think you misunderstood my post..
I know that they do not put everything online while they're selling it, but they ALWAYS put the winners of auctions on their webpage afterwards (apart form clothes and shoes)...At least they used to.
If they stopped doing that, the next logical question would be: WHY????

And that's exactly why I called my post a 'mystery'. There is no record of this particular Cerruti auction.

To be more specific, it actually appeared online for a second with a closing price of £32 and 'closed' label.(????)

Well, it certainly was called £10 Christmas Megadeal...about 30 times??( I actually saw it)

Are you trying to say that if they sell c**p items they list them, but if it is anything decent they keep it 'shtum'? Hmmmm....

And I think you misunderstood my post..
I know that they do not put everything online while they're selling it, but they ALWAYS put the winners of auctions on their webpage afterwards (apart form clothes and shoes)...At least they used to.
If they stopped doing that, the next logical question would be: WHY????

And that's exactly why I called my post a 'mystery'. There is no record of this particular Cerruti auction.

To be more specific, it actually appeared online for a second with a closing price of £32 and 'closed' label.(????)

I'm sure it was called a £10 christmas deal, but it isn't one of the MAIN ones. If it usually goes for £10, and they have 300, there is no need for them to take it down from the web, but when there is a laptop, if they didn't, it would be gone before coming to air.

If an item isn't displayed on the WEB when the auction CLOSES, it wont come up on the previous auctions. it has ALWAYS been like this. If they opened it up on the web 1 second before it closed, it would show. Their system puts it on 'previous auctions' when it sees an item close on the web...as the MAIN £10 deals are NEVER even on the web to start with, it wouldn't come up on previous auctions. - Just like multi variants aren't shown there.

"Are you trying to say that if they sell c**p items they list them, but if it is anything decent they keep it 'shtum'? Hmmmm...." I never said that...I said IF it was a £10 deal. If there was a computer which sells for £1000+ and was NOT a megadeal, they could put it online, as people are less likely to want it....if it was advertised for £10, don't you think there will be thousands of people trying to get it?

Just who is this Phillip Mercier chap and can I take him out for lunch to discuss his fine time pieces? Thanks :giggle:

I wonder when the 'Tarquin' time pieces will be arriving from China?

Just who is this Phillip Mercier chap and can I take him out for lunch to discuss his fine time pieces? Thanks :giggle:

I wonder when the 'Tarquin' time pieces will be arriving from China?

I believe they are coming in just after the Maudie Fittleworth ones from Taiwan. A limited edition run of 10 million

Latest posts

Back