delivery charges

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I know this an age old discussion,but I really have noticed in the last couple of weeks,how much delivery is currently.

I first really noticed it on my slanket TSV - and on that "gift weekend".I tried to reason with myself that the slanket would be a heavy item - but found the parcel surprisingly light when it came.

Last night I liked the OTO NN purple flannel,but at a cost of £6.95 - no way was I buying - and I freely admit,I don't need any more NN :blush:

If I saw one I liked enough,I thought I may have gone for a tiffany lamp today - but I notice that most of the lamps are at £7.95 postage.So again,thats put me off.

I've always taken the stance that if you don't like the charges,don't buy.....the charges are there for all to see.......but I'm definitely not buying as these charges are huge.

I'm sure QVC must be having a rethink of their current system and charges in the new year.....surely.I'm truly astounded at what the prices are,and how many other customers are they losing?

IMO QVC is an expensive option at times anyway but the P&P really does outweigh any good prices or "bargains" that they do have :confused:

Last week I did a shop on Amazon. This is what I bought (stop laughing at the back!), a convector heater, a bean bag, hair straighteners, 3 books, a calendar. I placed my order on Wednesday evening. It all turned up on Saturday am and was free delivery. Just imagine what QVC would have charged to send that little lot out. Around £40 I reckon. I know they don't sell convector heaters or bean bags but they do sell items of similar bulk.

High postage rates appal me from the shopping channels. You make a good point about Amazon, silversequin.

I almost ordered the featherbed they were showing last night between 9 & 10 - until I noticed the postage was £8.45 !!! :down:

But I've been looking for a while to replace mine - and having returned the lumbar support one because it was extremely uncomfortable, I searched around and found item no 830027 which is currently showing free P&P and it's twice the thickness! So I spent 55p more than I would have on the original item but it sounds like a better deal - and if it's not it won't cost me anything to return.

Now ... only to worry about how I manage to haul it up the stairs since it'll be twice the weight of my existing one. Must investigate the power of spinach ... :muscle:

Hi 123Purplerabbit,
OK, I don't understand how the second featherbed with free P&P won't cost you anything to return to QVC if it doesn't work out. Have I missed something? How's that done? Thanks ... :up:

excuse me barging in purple...

amethyst - for some reason i can't fathom, they will collect heavy items for free. under is it 4kg?? we have to pay for the pleasure.

i liked my nn featherbed to start with but it ended up flat in the middle with most of the feathers round the edges. wouldn't buy another one - oh and the bottom sheet pinging off all the time. what a pain.

I have to agree that the P&P charges are creeping up to unacceptable levels at times for the lightest of items. I do wish they would cap the delivery costs for an order no matter how many items you include in that one transaction because they do keep harping on about their "fantastic buying power" and this "half price on P&P costs" doesn't really wash does it? I am aware that at least some of the couriers operate a 'one off' charge for delivery to a household on the same day irrespective of the number of packages/parcels to that address so it's time QVC passed on that saving to their loyal customers.

I can't praise Amazon and the sellers on there highly enough.......several weeks ago I ordered a new winter duvet from one of the listed outlets and was only charged £1.95 plus it arrived the next day! Other companies are prepared to offer free P&P too so it's time the Number 1 Shopping Channel took some of our gripes on board but something tells me that they'll just turn a deaf ear......as usual!

remember when ideal world started up and their p&p was about £1.99? that didn't last long either.

It's been so long since I ordered anything from IW but I do remember them capping their P&P charges and I've always wondered why QVC have never done it.

These high P&P charges are quite disgusting. It's time there was some legislation to stop these shopping channels charging so much. It's an utter rip-off. Crooks. :devil:

The postage doesn't bother me. As you have to pay it I just add the postage to the item cost and there's the actual cost of the item. If I'm happy with the actual cost I order it if I'm not I don't.

I don't order loads of items. And I mainly order things that are unique to QVC or that I know are more expensive elsewhere taking the p&p into account. Or I order items on a whim ... see it, want it, pay the price.

If they're offering an item with free P&P they go on and on and on and ON about how much it'll save you and what ****** god eggs they are for giving you such a good deal, but when it's NOT free P&P - i.e. 99% of the time - they simply don't mention it.
Gets on my wick.

I notice the text on their on-screen graphics has shrunk to minuscule proportions. Are they hoping we'll just not be able to see how much they're charging?

I also object to having to pay P&P on items that turn out to be incorrect after you take their advice. I bought the Emu boots and took their advice on sizing but they were awful when I got them. With the return P&P, I lashed out almost £15 to try on something that didn't fit. I want to be able to say to QVC that they should refund me because it's their fault I chose the size I did. I would have gone larger otherwise. Their P&P is just a big rip off and I don't get why they don't offer capped or free P&P when so many others do now.

I have to say I do factor the P&P into the cost - and that is really when the OTO's or superbargain prices are...well..not so superbargain.

Whilst having a rant at QVC (or tried to - another story!) a few months ago - the guy in accounts admitted to me that QVC don't have the technology in/on their systems for multiple purchases and one P&P.Whether he was telling the truth or not....well,I don't know.Personally I feel,couldn't they get technology,lol.

I am another, who think that QVC P&Ps are a right rip off. How can they charge so much, when sometimes the item you have ordered is posted, very poorly packed? I was going to post a thread here on the very poor packing by QVC .Why we should be paying for high P&Ps when they are not packed to standard.
I have had some leaked bath items due to being bashed about in transit. Badly packed items will just roll about in big boxes.
I was appalled recently when I received a £246.21p leather handbag in a plastic bag, in box which only had about 4 brown paper pieces in the box to protect the handbag from harm........and the P&P? £6.45 !!! I have not rung to complain, because I thought what is the point, I will only get an apology and nothing will be done about it.

I have to say I do factor the P&P into the cost - and that is really when the OTO's or superbargain prices are...well..not so superbargain.

Whilst having a rant at QVC (or tried to - another story!) a few months ago - the guy in accounts admitted to me that QVC don't have the technology in/on their systems for multiple purchases and one P&P.Whether he was telling the truth or not....well,I don't know.Personally I feel,couldn't they get technology,lol.

Then they should have a word with Ideal World and find out how they do it.

The P & P charges often seem extortionate ...but you have the choice to buy or not to buy. Personally I wish they'd stick the price of the product up by a couple of quid and the P & P down accordingly - then maybe I'd feel I was getting more of a bargain! My litre bottle of ABC skinwash is still cheaper at QVC than elsewhere (unless anyone can tell me different...please...?!) even with the £4.95 P & P on top, tho I usually buy three bottles so I only pay two lots of P & P...

if they can do that complicated 'each successive one will be half p&p' thing, they must have the 'technology' to do capped p&p. let's face it - if ideal world can do it, anyone can.

Latest posts

Back