Brucie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a definite no from me. I am sorry to say that despite his very long successful career Brucie was never a great singer and if the promo is anything to go by this latest CD shows that he has not improved over the years.

Shame really but there it is.

I won't be purchasing, thank you and I am getting a bit bored of these performers appearing to flog their music. I am sure they all have their fans, but none of it is my cup of tea.

Now if Guns and Roses reunited and paid a visit to QVC, or Depeche Mode dropped in for a chat, that would be an entirely different story!

Never in a million years. Can't stand the man and I don't understand why he is a so -called "national treasure". He should have been pensioner of donkey's years ago.

Why buy an album of someone who cannot sing:thinking:
I cannot understand why some of these celebrities think they can sing just because they appear on TV. I like Brucie, but I will say that he is not a singer, in fact listening to him is a kind of embarrassing :sad:

If he'd been successful cracking US with Anthea we wouldn't have seen him for dust on these shores, odd how their marriage failed after that debacle! Then again "stars" in their twilight years do come to these shores for a last round of adulation. I will not be buying his cd thank you very much.

OMG does he SING!!!

Why didn't he stick to the piano playing - he's not a half bad jazz pianist.

But I don't like him anyway :biggrin:

Yep, agree with PrussianRed, not a bad pianist at all - but just looking at the promo with him singing makes me cringe - he looks strangely uncomfortable and wooden...plus he does that strange 'Dad At A Wedding After Ten Pints of Ruddles' singing - you know what I mean? "You're-a Just-a too good-a to be true-ahh, AyyyIiii Cyannn-t-a Tayyyakke my-a eyes off-a Yooooo". :nod:

Brucie sings as well as I perform brain surgery, so I won't be buying.

well if i was, i wouldn't now after barbed's rendition, heheheeeeeee

i seem to remember he used to be quite a good dancer - very light on his feet. i used to like him when i was a kid because he was very witty but i don't really remember him as a singer other than in that 'all round, can do a bit of everything' sort of way that many show biz people have.

janie;514557 i seem to remember he used to be quite a good dancer - very light on his feet. [/QUOTE said:
Dancing - ok, good, especially for his age. He's all right if he's not allowed to speak, sing, make faces or otherwise try to communicate with the audience! Last year I watched SCD by fast forwarding through all his sections except for the scoring, and this year I can't even face that so am giving it a miss. Why can't they replace him / the judges with people who know what they're doing - like Karen Hardie or Matthew who were great on Takes Two last year.

It's a complete farce with whats-her-name that won a few years ago, and Bruno & Len like toddlers in a playpen. In fact the only judge I'd keep is Craig - although I'd fine him when he made nasty personal comments by automatically giving the couple some bonus points or a 10 lol. That might liven things up.:mysmilie_510:

It's a bit embarrassing watching Bruce now, which is a shame. It's like seeing someone come out of the loo with their skirt tucked up in their knickers - everyone else sees what is going on but they carry on regardless completely unaware that they have a problem.

In the promo he is sort of staring ahead most of the time like he is desperately trying to see the autocue for the words to the songs.

He should have retired gracefully; sad really.

His singing is about as entertaining as his jokes are these days. He's a has-been and I wouldn't put a penny in his pocket. Can't bear him. While I'm having a rant, why on earth has he been given a knighthood for doing what he's paid for? He might have done a lot for charity but so might I if I had his money.

Latest posts

Back