£0.00

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
Browsing on the website, I noticed a couple of items listed for £0.00. Assuming this is because these are new items that haven't had their photos/details listed yet (though still a bit odd).

Has anyone ever ordered one of these items? Not saying I would (or have!) just wondered where you would stand if you did?

These have been appearing for a while. Some people have received items for nothing but others the order has been cancelled.

trust me it aint worth the gamble i cant say why but its more trouble than its worth

I would be careful with this we had a bit of a 'do' on Craft telly when this happened before.

I am wondering why.

I ordered some Loccitane items (3) that were showing £0.00. My orders were cancelled but I did receive 1 order even though it said cancelled. I wrote an e-mail to CEO as was not happy that on my account it said customer cancelled. I had a call back to say that was not the case and they knew it was due to QVC error. They apologised and said the error was due to a new system they are installing and the items with £0.00 are the ones that qvc will be airing soon but the stock was not in yet.

I was also asked to keep my free items as good will gesture and to return any others if I received more. Needless to say I did not receive any other free items.

IW had something 0 value on an item not available. Then take the picture and details down for goodness sake. And Q, with new items not yet in stock, stop being greedy whetting peoples appetites and show some restraint and logic. You aint got it, stop showing it.

I agree with LM. If a web site display an item for £0.00 and lets you place an oder than I can't see why the customer is at fault!

IW had something 0 value on an item not available. Then take the picture and details down for goodness sake. And Q, with new items not yet in stock, stop being greedy whetting peoples appetites and show some restraint and logic. You aint got it, stop showing it.

Sounds like my ex...:smirk:

I am wondering why.

I ordered some Loccitane items (3) that were showing £0.00. My orders were cancelled but I did receive 1 order even though it said cancelled. I wrote an e-mail to CEO as was not happy that on my account it said customer cancelled. I had a call back to say that was not the case and they knew it was due to QVC error. They apologised and said the error was due to a new system they are installing and the items with £0.00 are the ones that qvc will be airing soon but the stock was not in yet.

I was also asked to keep my free items as good will gesture and to return any others if I received more. Needless to say I did not receive any other free items.

QVC clearly know items are being put on as £0.00 as they are cancelling some, person who ordered then ends up with "customer cancelled" on their account, not good. If QVC have the items on the site without prices then they need to do something about it and ensure items go on with prices.

QVC clearly know items are being put on as £0.00 as they are cancelling some, person who ordered then ends up with "customer cancelled" on their account, not good. If QVC have the items on the site without prices then they need to do something about it and ensure items go on with prices.

I have been assured that even if it shows as Customer cancelled, they know its not (I assume they have a note attached). Currently they do not have any other option to add, but once the new system is installed they will be able to add the correct info.

I was also told that items that were put as £0.00 were in error and they are trying their best to take them out or hide them until they get stock and can add the price to them.

Surely if they're on the website, and can be ordered, then they have advertised them for sale at a price of £0.00. If they are claiming they don't have them in stock then they should notify the buyer by telling them they're on waitlist or advanced orders etc, otherwise they must be breaching Trading Standards - how often do they say on air that they're not allowed to sell items that they don't have! Maybe different if it was a one-off, but it happens much too frequently for them to claim it's just an error.

They should be investing some of their vast profits on technology, especially when they try to claim they're the 'No 1 shopping channel'. I wonder what criteria they use to measure that ??? 1st to air possibly? It's hardly 1st for quality, value or convenience any more.

My understanding is that Trading Standards law says the retailer can refuse to sell a product if they so wish.

I've had orders in the past marked "customer cancelled" and "cancelled" so if they're claiming they can't differentiate between the two QVC are telling porkies!

"If it's in stock it's online" they claim; then surely the reverse should be true. I'd tell 'em you'll happily wait for your £0.00 item on "advanced order" that they're so fond of!

Jude xx

When a retailer offers a product for sale the law considers this as an 'invitation to treat', i.e. an invitation to the customer to make an offer. The retailer is not bound to accept that offer at an advertised or indeed at any other price - at this stage there is no contract. In individual instances the courts may choose to view the contract as having been formed when the retailer electronically accepts an offer, but generally this is when you are charged for an item, as you have the right to expect the arrival of goods and fulfilment of the contract for which you have paid monies etc. (I notice that increasingly on the email confirmations I get from online retailers they clearly state that items ordered are subject to availability and that they do not consider a contract to be formed unless and until they take payment from your card.)

Consumer Protection legislation criminalises misleading pricing. However the courts may also declare a contract void if the retailer can prove they made a genuine error in their original pricing. The issue here is due diligence - the retailer has to prove that they took all steps that were reasonably available to them to prevent this mis-pricing from happening, and that they have reliable systems to prevent a recurrence.

Have I bored you all to sleep? :yawn: :giggle:

Latest posts

Back