liz Earle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Have no idea if this is true but someone has made a comment on facebook that boots no7 has exactly the same ingredients as cleanse & polish,obviously at a fraction of the price,I did not even know that no7 did a cleanser in that form, think i will have a look in boots tomorrow.
Lynn.

Hi there
Nope it definitely doesn't, its a hot cloth cleanser and similar texture but not the same ingredients. There could be some similar ingredients but not the same. It has fragrance for a start and smells quite strong whereas C+P has essential oils. If you skin likes it though given the similar texture it is a good prices especially if ou have any of those £5 off no7 vouchers . I personally can't use it but I don't use C+P either :)

I tried it for a while and tthought I loved it, but after a week or so I had breakout after breakout. The smell of C & P is so gorgeous, but the Boots one is synthetic and strong. I would see if you can get a sample to try though as we are all different

The Boots cleanser is awesome! I used to get it all the time when I had those 5 pound off vouchers. It removes all of my makeup, doesn't smell strong (to me anyway) and lasts far longer than the CnP ever did (which is why i changed over, it was just getting too expensive). I'm gutted that I cant get it here in Australia...

Superdrug do a version too, has anyone tried it?

I am using this at the moment and not very impressed by it. I still haven't found an alternative to C&P and guess it must be the eucalyptus that I'm missing. It's a shame she removed the almond milk from it as this stopped C&P working for me.

The best cleanser I have tried since not using C&P is TBS Aloe cleanser. It's a cream cleanser rather than hot cloth cleanser though.

Just use what you feel comfortable with. If the No7 suits you skin and leaves it feeling good, save yourself the pennies. Craftybel is right, see if you can get a sample of the No7.

I have gone back to my Clinique but I use the LE muslin cloths to go with the liquid "soap". It never seems to feel the same without the cloths does it? The skin feels sooo clean,I thank LE eternally for introducing me to those cloths!

Inge x

I still buy C&P for my teenage son.Its about the only thing his face can cope with.

I've gone off it a bit - but still use the cloth.My face doesn't feel clean unless I use it!

At the moment,I'm using all the high street cleansers I've my son,that he couldn't get on with,as I can't bear a waste of money :angel: but like everything its trial and error.However it has made me realise C&P is still the nicest/best.

My DD and I picked up some of the Superdrug hot cloth cleanser last week and we both love it. It doesn't have the smell of Liz Earle but it's just as good imo, it's even got the bunny on the pack! It was on the shelf at £2.99 instead of £5.99 so we both picked up 2 and although it was a mistake, Superdrug honoured the price. It is twice the size of c&p too! I don't wear much make up but my DD does, and this fetched it all off in one swoop where c7p takes two.

I am subscribing to the feelunique beauty boxes at the moment and they have been great. The last one had a 15ml of the Emma Hardie balm cleanser, and although I don't like it so much to cleanse I love it as a balm and the smell!! The washcloth is fantastic too- sort of microfibre one side and muslin the other. I have ordered 3 more of the cloths as they really are the business!

Obviously I'm a fan of C&P and Liz Earle but, to be honest, I haven't tried the Boots or Superdrug versions so I can't compare. I do think the C&P was better with the almond milk rather than the cocoa butter and I'm not sure I believe it was purely a decision for customers allergic to nuts!

Quick fact which I remember reading somewhere was that originally LE took her C&P to Boots and they were very keen to market it but only under their own name so she refused. I wish she'd continued to remain independant and not got associated with Avon. It taints her CEW award for Best British Brand, in my opinion. Maybe EH stands a good chance in that category next year - her moringa cleansing balm is great if you like that kind of texture to clean your skin.

SusieQ - completely agree about EH cleansing cloths. They are brilliant but I'm waiting for delivery of Clarisonic so wonder if they'll be redundant:cheeky:

Last edited:
For me, it is C & P all the way. Over 10 years, I have tried a few others - not the Superdrug one, we don't even have a Superdrug over here, but I come back to Liz Earle and don't think i will stray again. Its hard to explain why the others don't match up, they just do not compare, for me anyway. The new Decleor one which QVC nearly went into hysterics about, was a big flop although there are good reviews.

She sold the company out to Avon. Was it last year? Can't remember. A while ago anyway.

Yes, think it was last year. She is still managing director (along with Kim Buckland, I think) and she's said it will always be run as a separate company but what will happen when she retires and she no longer has any input!

Latest posts

Back