Hermes - the pits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QuiteVacuousChat

Registered Shopper
Hermes was the messenger of the gods; now its the scummy courier that lobs your fragile QVC parcels over the back garden wall and doesn't even attempt to wait for somebody to answer the door. I caught today's Hermes muppet scurrying away after she'd thrown a £250 camera into the back garden at full force. Two of us were in the property; there was certainly no attempt to ring the bell and wait for an answer. The camera was packed in a cardboard box without any outer plastic bag and no inner bubble wrap. Looks like rain later....

Hermes did the same with my last Ultrasun QVC order that ended up leaking all over the inner packaging.

I've moaned to QVC who have "taken note" of my complaint. I doubt anything will be done. I'll be taking my business elsewhere whenever possible.

I think thats really bad.I don't know which courier it is - but my boss has ordered some water coolers and dispensers for work through amazon - and the original one and its replacement were both broken and leaking when in use,as they'd both been thrown over her garden gate.I suppose its not as annoying as amazon is free delivery - but QVC charge a lot of money.

I complained to qvc only this weekend after for the second time time in a month my parcel was thrown in the green bin - which by us is food and compost waste, so Ive had to scrat about in rotting food scraps to get my parcels. Not acceptable.

I'd also ring Hermes and make a complaint. I'd also follow it up with a letter. Then at least, if they take it seriously (which they most certainly should,) the driver will get a wrap over the knuckles (at the very least) for delivering parcels in this manner. They're meant to be a reputable company so I doubt they'd want delivery drivers like that on their books, especially with Christmas deliveries imminent.

Hermes put a parcel under my car, in full view of the road, needless to say by the time I got home it was gone.
What do these people think they are doing?

I have never had any issues with my Hermes courier, she always knocks and waits and if I am not in leaves parcels in the shed in the back garden. She delivers for La Redoute as well and when I have sent stuff back I just ring her amd she is there that day or the next.
It really does depend on the courier and it seems I have a very good one going by some of the horror stories about delivery on here. To throw stuff over the fence is totally not acceptable

Thats shocking! I honestly wouldnt have known what to say as I would have been so angry I would have lost the power of speech!!! Talk about lazy sods! You should have bounced it off her head!

My Hermes courier is the opposite. He's polite and friendly and now he knows I work full time he comes early or late or at the weekend. If he can do that so can others if they can be bothered.

The problem is that Hermes is a dodgy operation that pretends all its workers are self-employed free agents. This means quality control is practically non-existent. Sometimes you'll get a nice, efficient, person; other times you'll get a complete uncaring slob like the woman I got today. They're all paid peanuts, per delivery, and there is no effective way of complaining directly to Hermes - they always pass you back to the original retailer. Hermes is an organisation that doesn't give a toss - very unlike what we are supposed to expect from QVC with its "award winning customer care", etc. My parcel weighed 0.93kg, today. The Royal Mail (which QVC advises I use 2nd class send it back, if I wish) would charge £3.15 for that weight. QVC charged me £6.95 to throw my expensive camera over the wall..... Truly, a Quality service!

I have to say mine is a lovely day.I also have the advantage of a front porch,that I have to say,its not secure,but all my parcels have been safely left there.

i'm really lucky - mine couldn't be nicer. mind you, the previous one was awful and flatly reused to come down my very short lane cos she couldn't always find a space to turn her car round. she lied to her manager that the lane was a mile long. i can't remember how i got the manager's number but she came out to investigate. that was the last i saw of the rotten one.

We had a wonderful Parcelnet, now Hermes courier for 15+ years but when she retired we have gone from one to another and another! The latest one caused me to put in a complaint to Next as I discovered he falsified delivery information, Next were very good and dealt with it, spoke to him direct, he of course told them a pack of lies. He is now not happy with me for complaining so who knows what he will do with future parcels for me but there was no way I was letting him away with what he did. I had been suspicious of him before this incident as he never has you sign for anything!!

I saw my hermes delivery lady while shopping today, she's lovely, I so nearly said hi to her, then remembered she's only my delivery lady. She is a star.

I have to say that mine is great too. He had given me his mobile number for returns and is always so grateful. He encourages me to send things back!! I wonder if they get paid more for returns?! Only getting paid 50p per parcel, I can see why lot of them are haphazard. Still no excuse though, especially for some of the horror stories on here :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

My courier is fabulous at delivering my stuff, if it comes with him it's always here 48 hours after QVC ship it, and he leaves my parcels in an agreed safe place if I'm not in. Have to say he has appalling music taste - so I'm subjected to a medley of Steps from his car while he obtains my signature - and I have to hear all about his grandchildren from the thread to the needle, but I don't mind, he's quite a hoot really! It's also rather entertaining watching my neighbours twitching their net curtains and worrying about the audible thud in property prices every time he screeches to a halt on my drive and blasts us all out :clapping: :giggle:

I think we're lucky here too - we have the best delivery lady ever! She goes out of her way to make sure parcels are delivered - even coming back in the evenings and over the weekend on occasion. She's friendly and funny too, so talking to her when she's at the door is actually a pleasure and we'll stop and chat if I happen to bump into her in the supermarket too. She does tell me some horror stories about the condition of some parcels she's given to deliver. It really is luck of the draw as to who you get and the service you receive. If there was a Postperson of the Year award, she'd win it :)

I have to say that mine is great too. He had given me his mobile number for returns and is always so grateful. He encourages me to send things back!! I wonder if they get paid more for returns?! Only getting paid 50p per parcel, I can see why lot of them are haphazard. Still no excuse though, especially for some of the horror stories on here :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

i told my lovely lady about the last rant on here and how much i appreciated her. she told me some of them are awful and just flatly refuse to deliver 'next day' deliveries if they're running out of time. i also was stunned by how many parcels she delivers every day - she only works mornings - i can't remember the figures but it was in the hundreds so the 50p/parcel isn't so bad if like her, they're efficient and organised.

Latest posts

Back