What type of candle do you like best?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Following on from the Yankee thread, I was just wondering which type of candle you ladies like best.

I have tried the jars and the votive samplers and pillar candles from other makes but I have to say that I am now a wax tart convert. Now I have even treated myself to an electric burner I think I have found the best all round method of fragrancing. I have it on a timer to come on half an hour before I am due to come home and the smell as I open the door is gorgeous and no worries at all about a naked flame.

I still like Yankee too, to my mind they are the best. I love the flowery ones and the Christmas. Not fussed on spicy candles.

I like Yankee Candles best ! I prefer the jars . Personally I don't like fragrances that smell of anything edible eg. fruits , vanilla , chocolate or any Xmas spicy ones. I love nearly all the floral ones and 'Driftaway ' I like very much.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get rid of the wax residue from the jars so that I can reuse them as storage jars ? If so how ? I throw them out when used up , but it seems such a shame .

They always say to get wax out of the votive holders to put them in the freezer for a while & it will come off easily. Don't know if it would work as well with the jars but if you're going to throw them out anyway it might be worth trying.

I keep all my jars. When finished you can get the small amount of residue from the bottom out with a knife, then soak the jar in warm soapy water and finally wash them using a scouring pad.......easy peasy!!!

I like the wax tarts too - it means I can change the fragrance often without having to spend a fortune!!

As far as getting remaining wax out of jars goes putting them in the freezer works for me. With a votive holder it slides straight out, with a jar I break it into pieces after freezing because of the narrow jar neck. I keep the pieces for the tart burner sometimes too!!

Sorry don't like Yankee, I've had them bought for me quite a few times and not impressed.

I do like candles in the class jars and still keep some if they are pretty. Guerlain in a deep blue glass with gold lid. Dayna Decker the dark green class

I used to love Yankee and indeed still really love their Fresh Cut Roses/Rose of Morroco, but that's about all these days. Some of the fragrance names now are just totally ambiguous - and it puts me off. I'm a tart girl (but you all knew that anyway :grin: ) rather than candle these days, less messy and I actually find for some reason I get better fragrance from them.

PPC as soon as I saw your name I knew what the reply would be, you beat me to it you naughty, naughty girl. LOL.:clapping:

PPC as soon as I saw your name I knew what the reply would be, you beat me to it you naughty, naughty girl. LOL.:clapping:
No really babytoes it's actually the truth :angel: I even have a big fat Kirks Folly one (to my shame :blush:) that lives on my hearth and here's the damning evidence prove it. :grin:

DSCN2151.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the Large Jar candles -but not the new flat round ones,the traditional jars.I can't help but feel the large ones are better value for money? I also like to scrape and wash them clean and re use them - normally for my sewing bits :up:

However I did find the last batch really "smoked" however much I cut the wick and was quite cheesed off to see the black thick dust on my dresser,where I normally burn them.Someone told me that tarts don't this,so I could be tempted to try the tarts if I saw a tart burner I liked enough - although I don't know if they do "smoke" less?

Anyhoo I'm totally off YC.I bought a glade one in tesco last week and loved it so much I've some more christmas ones this week,and they and look lovely.I think mainstream candles have really moved on.

i suppose it depends whether you want fragrance or candles (or both). personally i like candles and have done for years, before they became trendy, so i don't particularly care whether they're fragranced or not. the only yankee candles i've had are jars i've received as gifts. they're ok but i think a bit over rated.

For anyone who hasn't tried them, the neom candles are fantastic. They are excellent quality and organic.

Been away for a few weeks on holiday so not been viewing this page......burley bear love ya new pic. I think it's a good new look!!

I do like Yankee but like everyone else there are some I love and some I don't.

Although they are both more expensive I think the best candles are ESPA and Jo Malone. ESPA only do two "flavours" and I love them both. Jo Malone do quite a few. I'm burning Lime and Basil or something like that at the minute. If you like florals then Red Roses is divine. A more heady floral (and limited edition I think) is bluebell. If you want something fresh and floral the English Pear and Freesia is fab.

I think my favourite is the ESPA relaxing one which is spicy and aromatic and very warm. My favourite fresh one has to be English Pear and Freesia.

Both ESPA and Jo Malone do actually fragrance the whole house with one medium size candle in Yankee speak.

Latest posts

Back