Bob Mackie TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
I'm sorry but who in their right mind would want a FLEECE jacket with SEQUINS?!! Just what planet are the QVC buyers on for goodness sake? :mysmilie_506:

Just when you thought QVC fashion couldn't get any worse...what were the buyers thinking? I make no apology for saying this, anybody buying this TSV has no dress sense whatsoever, it's atrociously bad. The box shape is doing nothing for the models so what on earth do the people buying it think they will look like?

It's hideous and I don't know how the presenters can keep a straight face to be honest and spout such rubbish. Having a dog to walk I love my fleeces but I don't feel the need for SEQUINS to add to the occasion!

I have several lovely embroidered ones from Tulchan and others from Trespass but the shape and styling of this BM one takes the biscuit.......of the doggie variety!! :wink:

It really is hideous, wearable art?? what artist would that be then...........a painting by numbers set for a child I reckon. Have to admit I like the idea of that scarf with pockets, is there something wrong with me?

The sequins are totally pointless. A fleece jacket is for doing the Asda shop, not for going to a dinner dance. Also when the camera closes in, it looks very puckered at the bottom. I can't imagine who's buying it but some sizes are already sold out.

I'm thinking of going for the 'hot pick' scarf though. It would make a very glamorous and practical peg bag and keep me warm whilst hanging out the washing. :giggle:

So it's not just me who thinks it's hideous. Gives Indigo Moon some competition in the what not to wear race.

From a distance, well in the black only...it looks like a gorgeous jacket. Nice length, nice fitting, mandarin collar, detailing on the cuffs...so why the chuff's sake make the damn thing out of fleece? Hello Mr Mackie =in this country we wear our fleeces to go out walking the dog, and normally have a poo bag in the pocket. The most glamorous place we wear them is Tesco. What ever next? coloured overalls with sequins...oh yes, Michele Hope already thought of that!

Back now.
Well I think it's really nice and have ordered one in each colour. :emo:
I may pair it with a little trouser. Or maybe a boot.
:giggle:
:puke:

Don't like the TSV, but I do like Mr Mackie. He loves Art Deco design. So I can forgive him. Some of the tops he does are OK, but for the most part it's all bleh. He seems like a nice soul though, not OTT and probably has some really interesting stories to tell.

I'm having second thoughts now.......do you think it would look OK with my walking boots? :cheeky:

I have no doubt that BM is a lovely guy but I fail to understand just why QVCUK insist on bringing us "fashion" from across the pond when they really ought to know that us British gals don't appreciate the majority of the cuts, fabrics and styling!

I was thinking it'd be cosy to wear around the house, better than a dressing gown when I'm suffering with my aches and pains. A normal length fleece or cardi doesn't cover my achy pelvis and thighs, however I've just found a Beth Terrell long cardi (a TSV from years ago with a short sleeve turtle neck) when I was rummaging in the loft so that'll do the job.

I'm surprised they haven't mentioned wheel-chair users, knowing how they love to exploit every angle,- my aunty Dorothy can't sit comfortably in a "normal" wool coat and she'd probably love the sequins, being a glamorous 84 with two devoted boyfriends. I can see her wearing the camel.

I know it's funny to poke fun at the people who buy QVC fashion but it's clearly making someone somewhere happy. I get more exasperated with people who wear the same boring uniform every day, with a wardrobe full of identical outfits.

Looks as though the black is selling out.

Jude xx

I think you are all being mean it would look fab going to the gym on Christmas:devil::grin:

I think it's fab, if it was available in yellow and had matching bell bottom trousers with the sequins going up to the knees – I'd be on QCut like a shot :rock:

I do like Bob Mackie, he seems a really sweet guy. He dosen't look or dress like a designer. Looks more like my Dad going off to the pub for his Sunday pint.

I think it's fab, if it was available in yellow and had matching bell bottom trousers with the sequins going up to the knees – I'd be on QCut like a shot :rock:

There's an Ideal World "fashion" designer out there now feverishly rustling up a sketch on the back of a fag packet, ready to launch this as part of a "Party Pick Collection"....

The US has never been the first country mentioned when it comes to style, elegance and understated, well-cut fashion....not hard to see why...

inny x

Latest posts

Back