Loose Woman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wrongsideof40

Registered Shopper
I see loose woman Andrea McLean is bringing her range of diamonique jewellery to QVC on 7th December.

oh goodness another nobody cashing in and claiming to be a jewellery designer, she was a blimin weather girl before she thought she was an ice skater now a tv presenter, her sickly sweet pretense irritates me. I feel sorry for the genuine jewellery designers out there who never get a break, cause so called celebs get preference. Bit like Ingrid Tarrant on there, no more a fashion designed than I am!!! (only my opinion ..)

I agree; these people only get the opportunity to present 'their' jewellery ranges on shopping channels due to the perceived celebrity status they enjoy. They merely put their names to products. What would genuine hard working jewellery designers give to be afforded the same chance?

I agree; these people only get the opportunity to present 'their' jewellery ranges on shopping channels due to the perceived celebrity status they enjoy. They merely put their names to products. What would genuine hard working jewellery designers give to be afforded the same chance?

But of course we mustn't forget the difficult process of selecting which pieces to include in their 'collection' it must be so stressful and exhausting

Andrea Mclean's a "loose woman"?

Maybe she needs to invest in a pelvic floor exerciser :thinking:

Why are QVC so obsessed in having 'celebrity' faces associated with various products? They really must think their loyal customers are so gullible and will swallow anything spouted out of their TV screens!

Well, let's inform all those-who-sit-in-high-places in their cosy little offices at QVC Towers that we are NOT stupid and deserve to be treated with more respect!! The likes of Lulu fronting the Time Bomb range which she herself helped to develop (yeah right...:mysmilie_15:) is a prime example when she didn't even understand or know the list of ingredients when it first came to air!

What's the betting that Andrea will be telling us that she wears Diamonique all the time and her family and friends always think it's the 'real deal' and feel so envious!!

Better Andrea Mclean than Carol Vorderman, I can't watch LW on the days Carol is on!

I can't watch Loose Women at all; is like watching the witches from Macbeth after a night on the Asti Spumante.

I just don't like Loose Women at all anymore. I liked the old line up from years ago.

What say you ladies of the Arlene Phillipps jewellery then or the Joan Rivers stuff?

I tell you what, I adore that stretch bracelet from Veronese, the one with tiger's eye in it. Far too dear though. Half price and I'd think about it cos they have hiked the price of it up just like they did with the Alison Young ring.

The thing is, a lot of QVC's customers are gullible IMO.
I remember the first JLO Watches show, very expensive if you ask me, but they sold out in about 20 minutes.

I can't see anything wrong with people moving up the career ladder/changing careers/trying out something different.

I don't like the idea that if you 'just' start out as a weather girl you can't change, move on to do anything else - after all most weather girls/boys have a degree in meteorology so they are obviously not dense.Its like saying if you started out as a secretary you could never be the CEO?

Also, I like Ingrid Tarrant doing the odd fashion hour and think she wears the clothes she promotes very well.

ALL who are in showbusiness want more, more money, more fame, more tv opportunities, more more more.....

If her jewellery range/designs are stunnning then she will have done well and good for her, if not then she won't be back like many others I'm sure.

I can't see anything wrong with people moving up the career ladder/changing careers/trying out something different.

I don't like the idea that if you 'just' start out as a weather girl you can't change, move on to do anything else - after all most weather girls/boys have a degree in meteorology so they are obviously not dense.Its like saying if you started out as a secretary you could never be the CEO?

Also, I like Ingrid Tarrant doing the odd fashion hour and think she wears the clothes she promotes very well.

ALL who are in showbusiness want more, more money, more fame, more tv opportunities, more more more.....

If her jewellery range/designs are stunnning then she will have done well and good for her, if not then she won't be back like many others I'm sure.

So this Andrea Mclean, Ulrikakakaka Jonsson, Wincey Willis and the like all have meteorology degrees do they? I don't think so. There is a big difference between being a weather PRESENTER and a weather forecaster or meteorologist.
Equally this foray into jewellery PRESENTING doth not a jewellery designer make.

Despite the current difficulties, we still seem to live in a "designer", "must have" culture. I know a great many people who have to have the latest fad with the right logo, especially mobile phone, ipads, even though they can't afford it and there is nothing wrong with the one they bought twelve months ago!

I'm happy to pay for quality and durability but I also want good value, sometimes that entails a "logo" but more often it does not. A so-called celebrity - or even a real one certainly never sways me!

So this Andrea Mclean, Ulrikakakaka Jonsson, Wincey Willis and the like all have meteorology degrees do they? I don't think so. There is a big difference between being a weather PRESENTER and a weather forecaster or meteorologist.
Equally this foray into jewellery PRESENTING doth not a jewellery designer make.

&

Simon Biagi

:mysmilie_462: :rain: :sun:

:tongue:

I don't like Andrea Mclean at all. She comes across as having an extremely high opinion of herself and imo is very false. I don't watch loose women but if I did she would be reason enough no to. Needless to say the tv won't be switched to qvc when she's on.
I'm all for people branching out and embarking on new business ventures, but not when it's in name only!

I can't believe they got rid of lovely Kate Thornton and we're stuck with Vorderman and McLean. I still miss Jackie Brambles! :sad: I won't be buying anything from Andrea McLean's collection. I hate it that just because these people are on the telly they think they can have a bash at anything and make money from it. Annoying.

the whole thing of "celeb designers" really winds me up, I see that Emma Bunton is bringing out a range of children's clothes for Argos, and then there is Mylene Klass who already "designs" kid's clothes, Victoria Beckham is now a "fashion designer". It takes several years at art college on a degree course to study fashion yet these women can apparently bypass all that learning and just reinvent themselves as "designers". This country is full of very talented young people who are having a really tough time to get their careers started. Although I can't imagine QVC trawling round the art college degree shows they would find some amazing talent if they did.

Before we start slagging off Miss McLean (who I am not a fan of) lets just get this in perspective. QVC are the ones who initiate this kind of deal. Here's how it works:

Ring ring, ring ring

"hello, andrea mccleans agent, how can I help?"

"oh hi, this is the jewellery buying department at QVC, we're looking for current media personalities who are likely to be popular with our customer demographic to front a new jewellery line. Is this something Andrea would be interested in?"

"I'm sure she would be but I think I should say that she has no experience in........."

"not a problem. We do all the work, Andrea just has to approve the designs and appear on our sales presentations. We have a very successful track record with personalities such as Arlene Philips, Anne Diamond, Tamara Beckwith and many more. It can be quite lucrative......"

"I think we have a deal, now shall we discuss terms?"

And ofF we go. I'm joking of course but I bet this isn't far from the truth.

Last edited:
The thing is, a lot of QVC's customers are gullible IMO.
I remember the first JLO Watches show, very expensive if you ask me, but they sold out in about 20 minutes.

Also, forgot to mention the John Barrowman skincare range for men.
First time it was on air, it went & sold out quicker than sh*t off a shovel.

Now I like JB as much as the next person, but it doesn't make me buy his skincare range, especially when he seems to have had as much Botox as Joan Rivers!!
But... a lot of people are influenced by this type of advertising.

Let's be honest, if QVC weren't making money out of deals like this, they wouldn't bother doing them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back