Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
Any of you got it / tried it?
Any good?
Is it better than LG's Ethereal Rose for a bit of the old cheek 'bloom'?

I have both Ali and use the LG Ethereal powder most days; I couldn't tell you where my shimmer brick is! Enough said!

Jude xx

You can't leave your comment just hanging there! :confused2:
Where's your BB shimmer brick?

Cheeky!

Give me a week....I have a lot of make up! It'll take me a while!

J xx

I'm the same about using the ethereal rose most days, but I'm fancying the look of this anniversary set fandango, even though I've already got two of the gel eyeliners and the brush (admittedly not one in black though :wonder: ...) that if I'm honest I don't use that much, and I've tons of mascara but I've liked the look of the shimmer brick for ages and that eyeshadow looks nice, and maybe I could flog the eyeliner brush and the mascara....
But it IS sixty squids. Oh bugger.
Talk me out of it will you girls.

Just watching them demo 200028 Bobbi Brown Party Eye Palette and the demos are awful, not tempting me to part with £39+ at all! I know it's been said before that BB never did glitter and shimmer eye shadows when she owned the company. Together with the greasy-looking moisturising foundation Debbie the model looks decidedly dodgy!

Jude xx

Last time I saw it it was pink, possibly rose!

The shimmer brick minim, the shimmer brick!

Well!

Really!

J xx

I have so much make up if I lived to be a 100 I could never use it all, well so my hubby keeps telling me,he will never understand cosmetics,shoes,or handbags !!!!!
lYNN

Honestly Shimmerbrick is meant to be a highlighter not a blush, though QVC presenters slam it on as one. So do you want to have the tin man shiny shiny cheeks of AY? Paul when on used to state it was a highlighter but now uses it over normal blush for a pop.

Couldnt be without my shimmer brick the LG ethereal rose has more colour in it than the rose shimmer brick but the shimmer brick givesmy skin much more of a glow.
Donna is right though its not really a blusher replacment as it doesnt have much colour in it once it is on, I am very pale skinned and can use the shimmer brick on its own for a little colour in the day but if I am going anywhere would always use a blusher

I use Ethereal Rose every day too.
The Shimmer Brick is much more shiny, not really a blush at all I don't think, just a highlighter with the tiniest bit of colour that is overwhelmed by the shine.

I'm the same about using the ethereal rose most days, but I'm fancying the look of this anniversary set fandango, even though I've already got two of the gel eyeliners and the brush (admittedly not one in black though :wonder: ...) that if I'm honest I don't use that much, and I've tons of mascara but I've liked the look of the shimmer brick for ages and that eyeshadow looks nice, and maybe I could flog the eyeliner brush and the mascara....

I bought the anniversary kit on beauty day and it was delivered today - it is lovely (sorry for not trying to talk you out of it!). Although I haven't actually had time to try it properly yet - will do a proper test tomorrow. The colours are lovely the shimmer brick is a lovely colour and the eye shadow is completely different to what I thought it would be - a lovely purple-y colour. Wasn't keen on the perfume sample - not my sort of fragrance.

I already have two shimmer bricks and love them. I only use them as a highlighter - I have the bronze which I find better in summer when I have a tan and the pink quartz for winter. This Rose one will look lovely all the time.

I ordered the Vintage Glamour kit - is this what we're talking about?! Sorry, head in a million other places at mo!!! :emo: I already have the black gel eyeliner, and a brush...the shimmer brick is nice, but it's not doing much more than my Smashbox blusher to be honest...the mascara is just ok (my cheapie Maybelline one is better!)...the eyeshadow is too damn GLITTERY :heartbroke:....the perfume is ok...the lip gloss is actually very very nice!! So on the whole, I think I may send it back. I looked on eBay at how much the black gel liner is going for and it's not worth it. If anyone is on FB I have recently joined a group called "So Swap It! Health & Beauty" which is fab for swapping! And there's always the board in the Drop too....eBay is too much hassle most of the time!

I really love my shimmer bricks and have three. The rose colour is really very pretty, I much prefer them to LG's ethereal rose. I use them as eyeshadows too and they look great!

I'll talk you out of it. I have the shimmer brick in brown and not that impressed really. I bought it because I thought it would make my cheeks dewy but it's far too sparkly for me, in the daytime anyway. The gel eyeliners and long wear eye shadows are very good and do last all day as they say, but they dry out very quickly and bits flick onto your cheeks when you apply them (not a good look). You can't use the whole pot, which is a waste and they are expensive. Having said that though I wouldn't go back to using powder shadows because they all crease.

I love Shimmerbricks and have quite a few of them, my favourite is Nude (which was a limited edition) Nectar is very pretty too but, Pink Quartz is one I use most days very similar to Nude as Donna says its a highlighter not a blush, AY is a bad advert for this product but, I do love mine

I ordered the Vintage Glamour kit - is this what we're talking about?! Sorry, head in a million other places at mo!!! :emo: I already have the black gel eyeliner, and a brush...the shimmer brick is nice, but it's not doing much more than my Smashbox blusher to be honest...the mascara is just ok (my cheapie Maybelline one is better!)...the eyeshadow is too damn GLITTERY :heartbroke:....the perfume is ok...the lip gloss is actually very very nice!! So on the whole, I think I may send it back. I looked on eBay at how much the black gel liner is going for and it's not worth it. If anyone is on FB I have recently joined a group called "So Swap It! Health & Beauty" which is fab for swapping! And there's always the board in the Drop too....eBay is too much hassle most of the time!

I got it too as i needed a new mascara and liked the look of the eyeshadow & shimmerbrick. I have the bronze one already, tried the rose today and you can't see it at all on my skin and the mascara is not what i expected. I hate the plastic brush so i think it is going back as it did not make my lashes look any better, my rimmel on is far better:sad:

Latest posts

Back