Declaration Form for non delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fluffwump

Registered Shopper
I think it's a total cheek that, I have to pay the postage when declaring non delivery of an item, it wouldn't be so bad, but it seems to be happening quite regularly nowadays!

Completely agree they could send a prepaid envelope couldn't they? Mind you it'd be only 2nd class post! Tight wads!

J xx

I called to complain about this to CS. They charge us a fortune in P&P, don't offer a free return service and on top don't enclose a pre-paid envelope. They were actually pretty good and refunded me for the cost of the stamp.

I disagree with this too because they did used to provide a pre-paid returns label with these forms many years ago and I feel it's unfair to expect their customers to pay.

Another little gripe from me but still to do with the declaration forms.....I had a faulty item collected by a courier in the middle of October and she placed the relevant bar-code sticker on my invoice. At the beginning of this month I noticed that it still hadn't been credited so I rang CS and was told they would need to send out the form for my signature so they could chase it up with the couriers. I asked why was it necessary when I could provide the bar-code but she wouldn't accept it and I had to enclose a photocopy when I sent the form back! Double whammy for me....the cost of a photocopy + the stamp!

If you can scan the declaration form into your computer you can then email it to [email protected] I kicked up a fuss about this issue in April and CS agreed I could email it to them *whispers* so I'm passing it on to you.... :wink:

If you can scan the declaration form into your computer you can then email it to [email protected] I kicked up a fuss about this issue in April and CS agreed I could email it to them *whispers* so I'm passing it on to you.... :wink:

I have just got back from the postbox after putting mine in - and the cost of the stamp - would have emailed it if I had read this before.

I really don't know why they even need to send you the letter - if they are only going to ring you to find out about the missing item then why don't they just sort it out when you call them to say its missing in the first place. I wonder if it is just to stall you so hopefully the item might actually arrive by the time you get and have returned the letter to them.

I agree it does seem to be more and more items are not received these days.

There should be a way of declaring it on-line. They really are in the dark ages when it comes to technology.

I'm waiting for the declaration form atm. I've never had anything go missing before and was quite surprised to be told they would send me a form to fill in before they send out a replacement. It's not my fault the item didn't reach me. I always sign for my items and obviously haven't signed for the missing one so why do I then have to take time to fill out and post a 'declaration' when I've already phoned and informed them? Meanwhile presumably, they still have my money! seems a bit off to me.

I think the declaration is so that QVC have a written and signed confirmation that a package wasn't received and I feel that if it happens too often they will take a closer look at the customer. Too many declarations would look suspicious like maybe a customer is trying to cheat them. So far I've only had one thing to go missing-an expensive Tiffany style lamp and the declaration form made me feel like I was a criminal trying to get something for free. Maybe I am being too sensitive but I never got a very good explanation as to what happened ... where it went, why it didn't arrive at my doorstep, etc. The package would have been fairly large so not very easily misplaced by a courier service.

I have just got back from the postbox after putting mine in - and the cost of the stamp - would have emailed it if I had read this before.

I really don't know why they even need to send you the letter - if they are only going to ring you to find out about the missing item then why don't they just sort it out when you call them to say its missing in the first place. I wonder if it is just to stall you so hopefully the item might actually arrive by the time you get and have returned the letter to them.

I agree it does seem to be more and more items are not received these days.

That is so true! I ordered a Leighton Denny kit that was in clearance and it never arrived; it took two weeks for the declaration letter to get to me. I also ordered a dress that was sent to me on the 21st of Ocotber (hasn't arrived yet) and the Diane Gilman tsv was ordered in advance and hasn't arrived either.

I think that their 3 to 5 day delivery is wildly optimistic in many cases and I'm certain that the time it takes for the letter to be processed is to give them a breather hoping it shows up in the meantime, although you have to add the warehouse time to that (which they never mention on air). I'm still waiting for an item I bought ages ago too and I find that if something doesn't show up within a certain time it most likely never will. I waited so long for the Lulu TSV that it was irrelevant when it arrived and went back under the DSR. I know this sounds like a wild conspiracy theory but I wonder if they take their time over things so that you'll forget what you're waiting for and start ordering more!

I hate the way you're made to feel like a criminal when something doesn't turn up.
All the messing about with form filling & phone calls, why can't they just track the order like Amazon do & they mostly don't charge for P&P.

The worst incident I had was when I returned a big L'Occitane kit.
On arrival one of the bottles had broken open ruining the whole kit. Thought all was ok when the courier collected it for return but it never arrived at the warehouse. Even though I had the stamped form it was ME who was made to feel at fault by CS & took over 6 weeks to get a refund!

I'm beginning to think they sometimes use the non arrival when they've taken more orders than stock. I'm pretty sure this was the case with a Laura Geller TSV as I wasn't the only one who didn't get it.

Latest posts

Back