Morphy Richards Stick Vaccuum 800037

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

helbels

Registered Shopper
Is anyone else watching this?? Even from looking at the demo, you can see it's not picking up everything he's going over.... god knows what it would make of pet hair! From what I can see, its a glorified dustbuster on a stick!

Did they say how long the charge lasts. I've never seen a rechargeable hoover before..like you say, it's a big dustbuster

I saw enough in the launch show at midnight - the sight of that bloke Phil Parker and smug Dale F ooo-ing and awww-ing over it turned my stomach.

Oh my goodness....... I just saw the product in the 10pm hour. The carpet demonstration was awful. It left most of it on the carpet and Dale commented that Phil was rushing so didn't pick it all up. That's an expensive vac that doesn't even work properly.

i agree - the close up in the demo didn't do them any favours. most vacuums will pick up heavier stuff like grit with no problems. it's threads and cat fur every one i've had has problems with.

i was considering starting a thread (but it's non-qvc) about the best vacuum. i'm 59 for pete's sake so i've had a few and still haven't found one half decent. most of my friends - who express a preference ;) - say the henry but they have hard floors and i have carpets so feel i need an upright. is that wrong? the one i have at the moment is my first bagless and i hate it - what a dirty messy faff it is emptying the thing. i swore i'd never get another but for some reason i can't fathom, almost all seem to be bagless. anyway, one wheel has broken off of the current one so i'm in the market for a new one. any and all opinions would be very welcomed :)

1. I can pick up more with my dustpan and brush than that vac ona stick did,a nd I paid only £1 for it.
2. I've got a Dyson animal - had it for at least 5 years and it's the best I've ever had (touch wood).

1. I can pick up more with my dustpan and brush than that vac ona stick did,a nd I paid only £1 for it.
2. I've got a Dyson animal - had it for at least 5 years and it's the best I've ever had (touch wood).

I've got one too and I love it.Picks up everything.

I have a Hoover version that I love. It's actually really good at picking up dog hair (I also have a Dyson so can compare). I love it for a quick go over when I'm not up to hauling a heavy monster around. There were two versions of mine so I went for the slightly more expensive 18v version rather than the 14v one. I think the extra 4v makes all the difference between a handheld dustbuster type and the stick type that has enough power to pick up decently.

i agree - the close up in the demo didn't do them any favours. most vacuums will pick up heavier stuff like grit with no problems. it's threads and cat fur every one i've had has problems with.

i was considering starting a thread (but it's non-qvc) about the best vacuum. i'm 59 for pete's sake so i've had a few and still haven't found one half decent. most of my friends - who express a preference ;) - say the henry but they have hard floors and i have carpets so feel i need an upright. is that wrong? the one i have at the moment is my first bagless and i hate it - what a dirty messy faff it is emptying the thing. i swore i'd never get another but for some reason i can't fathom, almost all seem to be bagless. anyway, one wheel has broken off of the current one so i'm in the market for a new one. any and all opinions would be very welcomed :)

I have a Miele which is 17 years olf and still sucks like new. Mines a cylinder but I know they do uprights now although no idea what they're like.

I bought one of these off Ebay for £20. It was absolute rubbish, got blocked every couple of seconds and as someone else stated I could clean more efficiently with a dustpan and brush. Needless to say, it ended up in a boot sale!!. I did treat myself to the Dyson DC 35 slim however, and that picks up very well indeed and is used far more often than my Miele cylinder (which is very efficient but hard work when you're crippled with arthritis).

Another vote for Dyson from me. The one we have is a ball-type one (sorry, I can't remember the exact model number as we've had it for about 5 years now) the only downside for me is it's quite heavy and cumbersome to carry upstairs.

We replaced our stair carpet recently and found that the underlay was still pristine! The carpet layer thought we'd done this part of the job ourselves :eek: Considering it had been down for about 4 years and with constant traffic on the stairs, I thought that was a great demonstration of the efficiency of the Dyson Vacuum (and my housekeeping of course :angel: :mysmilie_19:)

:flower:

The Henry is great, much better than the Dyson. You can buy a carpet grooming brush for the Henry ( I bought a model with the carpet brush and hard floor brush, only about £100 or so.) so it's for carpets and hard floors.

thanks very much everyone :) i was interested in the dyson comments because someone told me once there are always dozens of dysons at the dump. hmmmmm.....

have to say the bargain miele for £200 is still a lot of money - is that about what i need to pay for a decent vacuum? mind you, it's upright and bagged.....

Our Dyson packed up a fortnight ago, and with Xmas coming we decided to buy this to tide us over till the sales which will probably be starting in less than a month.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4064279/Trail/searchtext>VALUE+CLEANER.htm

For the price we paid, it is excellent. If I was rating the Dyson 10/10, this cheapo one would be at least 8.5/10.
I honestly couldn't believe how good it was. If it only lasts 6 months, IMO it will have paid for itself.

I bought a Hoover Hurricane Pets 2000 watt upright from Amazon for £75 last year - free P&P and I think it arrived within a couple of days (to N Ireland). Am very pleased with it so far - yes, it's noisy but it's also 2000 watt so powerful, and not as heavy as the dysons I've tried. Also the first one I've had that has a carrying handle about 1/3 of the way down so you don't need 4ft arms to lift it. They probably have a more up-to-date version out by now.

I'm another Dyson fan, I always swore I would never pay that much for a vaccum but after going through about 5 cheap ones in a couple of years I succumbed. I have the DC25 with the ball and even having very weak wrists I can manage it no problem

Well....I've got a DYSON ANIMAL 35. It is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.

I have three cats, and the constant shedding IS a nightmare. I could not think of sitting down in black trousers UNTIL I got the Dyson Animal. It gets up each and every hair from carpets and rugs - AND from chairs and sofas!! It is, however, VERY noisy on hard floors (but not especially noisy on all types of carpet).

Mine came with a ROTATING Turbobrush which you can attach to the hand held pipe, and this device is SUPERB!! It is an attachment with AMAZING suction and little rotating brushes. It's a substantial attachment, not flimsy - and the rotating brushes in it are strong. I use it on all chairs, covers, etc. and it gets ALL the hairs up!! If you do decide to get a Dyson Animal, do make sure it comes with this "Turbobrush"!!

SO EASY TO EMPTY - You don't have to touch any dust or debris at all. Just hold the container over a bin and press a button. The bottom panel just drops down and you can shake the debris easily into the bin underneath. There is no way I could go back to hoover type bag changes now (an ongoing expense buying these bags).

I would not be without my Dyson Animal - and would not even look at that Morphy Richards "Stick". Okay, my Dyson is heavier to lug about than the "Stick" would be....but the results I get would be incomparable, so I'll make the effort, thanks QVC - and carry my Dyson about. There's no hassle plugging it in....so the only advantage of a "rechargeable" cleaner would be no cable to handle. Even the "Stick" having no cable is not enough persuasion for me to give up using my Dyson.

Latest posts

Back