Undesirable items in QVC beauty kits!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
On the subject of my recent purchase (albeit being returned I think!!) of the Bobbi Brown Vintage Glamour kit, was just wondering what you all do with those items you don't want/like/use? Personally I find eBay a pain in the backside, and I usually end up with a stash of items I don't know what to do with!

What undesirable items have you built up from otherwise good kits?!

I mentioned on another recent thread that I have joined a Swap It group on Facebook. I have also had a look in the Buy/Sell/Swap board in The Drop - but there's not much going on in there :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
I swap with my colleagues.Every now and then someone will bring in a bag of unwanted clothes,shoes,bags,toiletries,jewellery and we all have a rummage!! I wouldn't possibly do it with people I didn't know!! but we quite like this at work.We've agreed we won't take payment from each other,just that at some point we all get a chance at each others "unwanted"!!!

I am an ebayer but I like to sell really good/pristine stuff - which I like to buy myself.I find ebay is not worth the hassle unless its really "good" stuff.That said,I've bought some real tat off ebay lately and would never sell in the condition I've received things in :sad:

That's a good idea about swapping with your colleagues. I work from home and very rarely get to see my colleagues, but I think I may ask around to see if they're interested in doing this! Thanks for the idea!

I go to Cuba once or twice a year and take any unwanted items to staff who are my friends and their family, as they have very little there and what they do have is really crap quality. I also take all the unwanted xmas gifts etc I get - I call it re-gifting. They are so grateful for these things as they really have nothing.

I started an experiment in March. I have had to use every last scrap of every beauty product I've got before I can buy any more. The only exception is if I have a bad reaction to anything. I can try it and if I'm not keen I can put it back and use another one but ultimately I have to use it. I can tell you I've bought and now used up some absolute tut! I have saved myself a fortune although I started needing to buy a few things in about July. It really taught me not to buy stuff I don't need. The first thing I bought was PCMC and I am never buying any other face cream. I love it.

I am still using up my stash of shower gel and shampoo/conditioner. I reckon it'll be next Christmas before I buy any shampoo!!

I've learnt which products I love which ones I like and which ones I'm not bothered about one way or the other. I will probably never buy "kits" again unless I use everything in the kit or unless the kit costs less than buying the products I want on their own. And if I try anything then I have to use the ****** stuff or I'm throwing money down the drain.

The only thing I didn't apply the rule too was makeup but that's because I buy next to no makeup and I don't have a stash to draw on.

Buying make-up is fun when young but I'm 53 now and know what suits me, some would say in a rut, but no I'm not, and therefore happy with my regular purchases (3 monthly intervals) and know I will use every drop. PCMC is fab Tink and I will use this forever if still around, my last purchase, as you said, was cheaper with other goodies in a kit that I don't use and will pass to my sis.

I'm the same LIAM, I have no issues with my current make up. I have no idea why I ordered a load of BB, lol It's probably because I am off work at the moment and have been watching too much QVC!! Oh well, at least all I will lose is the postage, this is where the MBG comes into its own eh?! I do find it easier/cheaper to buy those individual products you know you use off eBay. Let someone else buy the kits and have the hassle of selling them on I say :p hehe!

I seem to have lots of the products that have a long life but are always included in kits, like blusher - other stuff like mascara gets used but that just goes on. I think if I get another kit I must try to resist sampling the things I think I won't use up so I can give them away. I agree with you Tinkerbelle about forcing yourself to use stuff up, it is amazing how long you can go without getting things if you finish everything lying around.

I haven't bought any beauty kits from QVC for ages - I have been finding some great make-up from TK Maxx at fantastic prices. The only kit purchased in the last six months I think, was the last Gatineau tsv and I will use it all. Oops, just remembered a BE kit, but I love all BE and it was a try me think so I feel that doesn't count? But my stash is huge, and I don't know anyone with a stash like mine. My friends must be minimal.

I give away to friends usually. In the case of Smashbox TSVs when I bought them it was usually a number of items like black mascara, don't use black and the lipgloss, the colour was usually something I wouldn't wear. I make up a little goodie bag or give as a gift for birthday or christmas. I have not stopped buying kits if I know I will give away two or three of the items and I only like one or two of them.

I did use to swap but ended up with even more makeup,trust me the last thing I need is more makeup.

i have stopped buying tsv's for that reason the beauty ones are too samey and have too many fillers that i usually dont need.
the l'occitane tsv's are the worst.
i like alpha-h when they do them as i use all the stuff and it agrees with my skin.
dont do make-up ones as i like to pick my brands in the high street

If I have items that myself or mum won't use then if I don't use them as presents I sell them on here or on Ebay.

I've just looked up PCMC on Q, hope it lasts a long time! :eek:

I was quite lavish at first because it was a consistency I wasn't used to in a face cream, but I soon developed the right balance Apply sparingly and add more if skin is feeling dry as you apply, usually along the jawline for me, and you will soon work out how much you need. The little dibber spoon is ridic, I always need more than that and that is for hygiene reasons really.

Wow Tinkerbelle!!

What a WONDERFUL philosophy you have on FORCING yourself to use stuff you've got - BEFORE buying more.

I've got STASHES of stuff I have bought, tried once, then put in (one of) the cupboards I have in my garage!! You are ABSOLUTELY right!! What a total waste of money. I guess I have enough stuff to last me a couple of years AT LEAST - how wasteful is that?

I see something new and I am "sucked in" by the presenters raving about a product - and telling me WHY I must have it!! I guess I am always, continually on the look out for "the" "miracle" product, whether it be skin care, shampoo, hair styling stuff or whatever. I am always SO excited to receive new stuff. It's like Christmas every week!!

Since reading your posting on here - I have had a SERIOUS look at the stuff I already have. If you ask me....it's all much of the same. No particular item has jumped up and knocked my socks of!!

Thank you so much Tinkerbelle. I am going to use up ALL of my "stash" and NOT buy any more on the promise of a "miracle" - which - for me, never materialises. I have spent hundreds and hundreds - but it's gonna stop - from right now because they buying is rediculous, when I already have more than enough!!

This is a PROMISE to myself that I AM going to keep.

Latest posts

Back