christmas extention question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffball

Registered Shopper
Hi

not posted for ages so hello to all. have other users ordered things with the christmas extention to return goods and noticed the order slip shows december date. i ordered the clarisonic and receipt shows final date to sent back 16 dec. rang cs and they said dont worry everyones does. just want to check

My last item which came during this week showed the Dec return date, they say if it's a gift you have until 25th Jan, not sure how they'd know either way!

They always emphasise IF IT'S A GIFT you can return it 25th January.

I suspect they may ask you to prove it eg who was it for? And what if it is a gift for yourself?

This was asked on the facebook page. Where you suppose to say when ordering it was a gift as nowhere on the website to state this? They replied saying no, if you return at that time say this was a gift and did not suit. I doubt QVC will be phoning your daughter,aunt etc and questioning them about why they didn't like the gift.

In previous years the invoices had a last return date of January 25th printed on the return slip, so this is a change to place to onus on the customer to state it was a gift. Trusting aren't they! I agree they're not going to follow up with a call to your auntie Doris so play their silly games if it makes them feel batter! Sad, sad QVC!

Jude xx

I have thought about this with all the Christmas gear, especially the pre-lit trees, i do actually know someone who had a tree, put it up and sent it back by the end of the extended return time, i think this is totally taking the p!$$, it makes me wonder if they will do this forever if people take the mick like that?

I remember this issue coming up this time last year; I received an invoice that had a pre-Christmas last return date so I contacted CS and they assured me that there was an issue with that old favourite 'the system' :dull:. They said it was in the process of being updated and that all invoices from the following week would have 25th Jan on them, any issued before this update but after the extended MBG had been announced on air would be honoured at 25th Jan. I recall being v sceptical but that the next invoice I received only a week or so later did have 25th Jan on it, and when I did seek to return an item in the new year with a pre-Christmas date on they honoured it without question.

Having said that I may want to return a KitchenAid at nearly £400 so I think I might just double triple check this with them again...:nod: :grin:

Bless you both for such lovely, concerned replies! :hi:

Well so far so good mixing-wise but the issue is the attachments! I can get just the the mixer elsewhere for quite a bit less money but I went for this one as I wanted to see if I'd get the use out of the shredder/grater attachment thingy. Plan for the next few weeks is to see if that is worth the money (and also if it proves Delia wrong that you can't make decent pastry any other way than by hand :dull:) If the answers to both these questions are in the affirmative, it's staying! If only question two, the whole thing'll be going back to QVC and the stand mixer alone will be purchased elsewhere! (And if Delia's right about the pastry, plan is to sulk :rock:)

OH says this is how QVC get you to spend more and more money though; you buy a KitchenAid and consume so many extra calories as a result you find yourself planning to buy a Pilates machine to work it all off :giggle:

I don't have choppery attachments for my mixer (Mr K. Mix, not Mr Kitchenaid) but have a separate food processor. I only use it for choppage / shreddage / gratage if I'm doing loads in one go, otherwise it's not worth the arsing about washing it all up, so day to day its far easier using another gadget I own called a knife. :giggle:
As for the pastry, it depends on how good you are at making it by hand I reckon. I can't take Delia seriously. 'Specially since she got ratlegged at tha football match. :wink:

I don't have choppery attachments for my mixer (Mr K. Mix, not Mr Kitchenaid) but have a separate food processor. I only use it for choppage / shreddage / gratage if I'm doing loads in one go, otherwise it's not worth the arsing about washing it all up, so day to day its far easier using another gadget I own called a knife. :giggle:
As for the pastry, it depends on how good you are at making it by hand I reckon. I can't take Delia seriously. 'Specially since she got ratlegged at tha football match. :wink:

"Let's be 'avvin ya"!!! And not a drop had touched her lips apparently :drunk:. Gotta love old Deels :rock:

This is *exactly* my thinking re: the choppery/gratey thing. If (when I got on with trialling it) it cuts the time in half, it's in, if not I'll go back to my manual grater. (I have one of those Magic Choppers on chequehold, that's why I've been so obsessed with tomorrows Colour in the Kitchen TSV in case it's one of those - see, there's method to my apparent madness :giggle:)

Just been having a look at the magic chopper thingy - am loving the first review, the one where they peel and chop the onion, then out the whole fandango on the floor and stomp on it, as it's easier with your feet. Classic.

I too checked with CS about the return date of a gift Clarisonic. The invoice said 16/12/11 but the CS said he would leave a note on the system stating it was a gift.
Jo

I'd agree, the best pastry comes from friendly Mr Food Processor - especially if you have warm hands it's quite hard to get good pastry made by hand so it can even be a plus. /random

Well Carmel has just said on Nails Inc show that you don't just have 30 days to try the polishes just now, you have till a month after Christmas, not a mention of gift!!!

Latest posts

Back