Heaven help me ... peony flaaars!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
I love that red rose wreath!

I bought a dried flower wreath the Christmas my mum died ... she died on twelfth night. I couldnt pack the wreath away as it was so beautiful and mum had loved it. So it hung on the wall in dining room. It wasn't morbid or gloomy at all. And only family know the significance. I've replaced it a couple of times as my lovely mum died nearly 20 years ago.

That red Rose wreath would look lovely in my dining room and be really special as my mum loved roses. Bugger it ... I'm buying that!! if it's rubbish I'll send it back.

If it disappoints Tink, argue you were missold and get a pre paid sticker to return. There have been very mixed reviews on this range yet the hours are awash with quality quality quality babble. Hope it exceeds your expectations, if not look this up:

http://www.dobbies.com/Yuletide-Welcome-Garland/pid-463972

They also had, which are not on the website, curled wood shavings in the shape of red roses in a heart shape or garland. They were really nice, might be worth a visit. Centres in Scotland Centres in England Centres in Northern Ireland
Aberdeen
Ayr
Braehead
Clyde Valley
Cumbernauld
Dalgety Bay
Dundee
Dunfermline
Edinburgh
Kinross
Livingston
Milgavie
Paisley
Perth
Stirling
Atherstone
Ashford
Birtley
Chesterfield
Cirencester
Gailey
Milton Keynes
Ponteland
Preston
Reading
Shepton Mallet
Shrewsbury
Southport
Lisburn

I didn't see the wreath but have just looked at it on the QVC website and the design looks lovely I must admit and I can fully understand why you want to get it. I have a sort of little shrine to my parents in my dining room too.

As for Peony Flowers, I don't think they warrant the huge cost. If you look closely on the photographs and when they zoom in on television, you can still see the tiny little bits of fabric sticking out on the edge of the petals. As time would wear on the flowers would get tattier I am sure just like all silk flowers do.

I have some silk flowers here and I have a lovely red poinsettia that I bought from Matalan once. It looks very realistic. The thing is, it was only £8 full price and I paid half price for it in the sale.

Peony flowers are very very overpriced.

I like that poinsettia hanging basket they are selling on the Gardening segment that lights up though.

I hope it is really lovely and lives up to your expectations and if not........send it back.

I personally am staggered at the cost of the Peony stuff, it doesn't look in any way better than the stuff they sell at Dunelm for about a third of the price. But I do know that feeling when you see somthing and it seems to be callling out to you so hope you are glad when it arrives. Let us know.

blimey £112 for a large mixed faux flower display, but the wreath doesn't seem too bad, the range doesn't seem to have good reviews but then there aren't many either. Interesting that the company will pick up so maybe worth a risk.

Last edited:
Did you get the wreath Tinkerbelle, and what did you think of it? Just in case it's a disappointment, here's another one I found for you: http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/cid/DOOURC5GEUF83CL6LU4GXY51Z1TXIT9C/top-christmas-gift-P300214/ :tongue: :clapping:

I'd be interested in opinions of Peony and other faux flowers as I'm thinking of getting some. I'm finding the older I get the more I'm moved by colour - it can really affect my mood - and I'd love a bunch of permanently bright flowers to look at :clapping:

I got the TSV auto delivery and i think it is very nice. Ok it ain't real if you look very close you can tell but on a window sill or table it looks good. Looking forward too the christmas red roses drop.

I didn't. The website went wonky so I couldn't check out. As it wasn't a special price or anything I thought I'd have a look and see what else I could find. I bought a wreath from a local florist instead. It's made up of wooden Rose buds ... they're made up of curls of wood rather than being carved and they're deep claret red. It was quite pricey but it will stay up all year round.

Artificial flowers are always expensive to my mind but I've still no first hand knowledge of Peony. On the whole I don't like the Peony flowers mainly because of the cost.

Did you get the wreath Tinkerbelle, and what did you think of it? Just in case it's a disappointment, here's another one I found for you: http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/cid/DOOURC5GEUF83CL6LU4GXY51Z1TXIT9C/top-christmas-gift-P300214/ :tongue: :clapping:

I'd be interested in opinions of Peony and other faux flowers as I'm thinking of getting some. I'm finding the older I get the more I'm moved by colour - it can really affect my mood - and I'd love a bunch of permanently bright flowers to look at :clapping:

Ive the bowly one that was the TSV but they arsed up my auto delivery so have only seen the one set of the flowers. THe bowl and greenery is nice, as are the roses I got with it. I've bought various sets of other flowers that I ring the changes with colourwise (depending on what mood I'm in, like you!) and on the Peony website you can buy separate flaars which aren't too expensive, and also foliage displays and bowls and whatnot to make up different displays.

Like someone else said if you get up close and personal you can tell they're not real (as well, erm, they're not...!) , but as far as fake flaars go the one's I've had are pretty good. I like them anyhoo. :bandit:

Last edited:
with some trepidation I've just opened my first ever purchase from Peony Flaars...the OTO freesia arrangement from a week or two back - it's lovely! So pretty... it's actually part of my sister's present for her up-coming birthday next month and I'm sure she'll like it - well if she doesn't I'll have it back as I wish I'd ordered one for myself at the same time now!

My daughter bought the last TSV when it arrived some of the flowers were loose in the box having fallen off and a few days later more fell so she phoned to ask for a label to send them back but the girl said bin them so my daughter cancelled the auto delivery too......a few days later she got a phone call saying they were going to pick the jug up and low and behold they were there the next day and she hadn`t even parcelled it up by then so they are having to come back ..she did get her refund pretty quick though ..So I won`t be buying any Flaaarrrrs.......if for no other reason I like flowers !!!!

Dunelm for me for my flaars! I have some fake (or should I say faux?) white lilies in my front room that everyone thinks are real and they set me back about a tenner. Put them in a silver coloured metal jug from TKMax that was another few quid and it looks great as I have a green and blue themed room with other silver touches, plus a few very bright cushions to warm it up. I get all my accessories for the house from Dunelm, Matalan and TK Max generally and I get loads of compliments on my home and how welcoming and stylish it is. I don't think you have to spend a fortune, just go for what appeals to you.

If anyone needs confirmation as to how expensive Peony flowers are they need only look at the Bethlehem flowers - the glass vase full of cala lilies with lights as well. Not everyone's taste I grant but compare the quantity with the straggly few stems of peony flowers. The silk flowers look just as good if not better. On close up the peony flowers are just ordinary silk flowers you can buy from anywhere, they have frayed edges and the leaves look like plastic. I have had lovely artificial flowers from pound shops and more unusual ones from garden centres and places like Dunelm Mill shops at a fraction of the price of Peony flowers.

I have several pieces from 'Bloom' & have been very pleased with them.They are not cheap & I love fresh flowers, especially Lilies but couldn't risk pollen falling on my new cream carpet.

I bought a small jug of lavender and the small sweet pea arrangement in a glass vase, when Peony first arrived on QVC. They were round about the £12 mark (not including P&P) and to be honest, they're lovely (mind you, they haven't got any frayed bits on them.)

However, having read other posts about faux flowers on here I made a couple of trips to Dunhelm Mill and created two arrangements for a fraction of the cost per flower..... one in a glass bowl for the centre of the dining room table and one in a vase to go on a small cupboard. Visitors have commented on those on numerous occasions, but have said nothing about the Peony ones, which just goes to show that Peony are not the only company to produce 'believable/realistic' flaaaarssss/flowers, despite what they say or think. :mysmilie_499:

I treated myself to a trip to Dunelm (and Aldi..and B & M..!) today, and tho I spent too much money - not telling! - I can honestly say that in Dunelm I didn't see anything nicer than the freesia vase I bought on OTO (and free P & P) from Peony - yes, they had flowers, yes, they had display vases - I asked a tall chap to help me out (OH is 6'5" and never ****** there when I want him and always there when I don't!) and he reached me down some poppies in a square vase..now I love poppies and have several vases around the house, but these, as it turned out, were £19.99, so I asked him if he'd mind putting them back! Then there were some paeonies in a small glass vase which were nice - but the stems looked just like fat drinking straws, so obviously fake..and again, £19.99. So after all I am still pleased with my Peony purchase - I certainly didn't see anything I wanted to buy to replace it and then return it, and I think I'll be trying something else from them in the future.

Latest posts

Back