More vault and whats in the box fix

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

earwig

Registered Shopper
How do they get away with the mystery box stuff on bid?
Its clear to see that what ever the assistant chooses is NOT in the box...if it is then why do we have to wait till after the link to see what it is..and is always the most expensive item....and dont get me started about last nights necklace..."ooh Bexs...whats the most precious metal..." to which she didnt even have an answer for....and then peters patter off.." oh no..its...(then half finished words....)..its 24 carat...24 carat ..ooh Bexs "...then once reached the table he states.."its 24 carat plated.." obviously we know its not gold..but why do we have to be lied to in this way...as peter says...i dont belie....its extraor......its absolu...... its fantas....... wot a load of old cobblers ha ha.... but you gotta laugh.. peter simon has changed in the last few years and is getting harder to watch, but he is still able to sell all their old tat pretty quickly to the poor un-knowing public... (if youre watching betty just buy it!)..
but the fact is because it is so farsical, makes it good comedy!:tongue:

I've never seen anyone 'choose' the mystery box contents but I did see a recent "Secret Santa" sale on Price-drop where the box "gift set" contents were revealed to be the sort of trash that even most market stalls wouldn't bother with.

Most of these "what's in the box" sales seem to be a glorified version of the bait-and-switch tactics that happen at certain fly-by-night auctions where brown cardboard boxes containing junk are given to unsuspecting punters who were initially promised expensive electrical goods at bargain prices. A few of the "Secret Santa" auctions may be worthwhile if your only ambition in life is to own a "Christin Lars" watch but otherwise it's a complete waste of time and effort.

There's only so much deception you can get away with before even the most ignorant viewer begins to realise that the Sit-up channels are not trustworthy in any shape or form.

I'm here to moan again lol, All this constant owwwwwwwwwwwwww its gold oh I don't believe it your getting gold for less than £20, No your getting a tiny micro plate of it on some tat at best, Peter made me laugh last night when he said we have just sold the purer of the golds, Helen is right now going on about leaving the gold bracelet until later, when it comes on its not going to be more than a thin plating at best but they will nearly have heart failure at what it is, I like Peter Simon but i'm rapidly going off him

How they get away with so many lies in amazing, They do say its gold plated or finished at some point but theres always an emphasis on GOLD

I think the products are in the box what we get but they obviously tell Helen or whoever is assisting the order the products go in so its quite possible they don't know what it is but how they expect us to believe they will let the assistant choose the order of 20-30 items is beyond me, Oh i like this 1 Pete so i'm going to leave this until later so they get a better price, yeah whatever :grin:

Finally a good buy on an ingersoll watch for £14.69...that was rather odd how they dropped the price rapidly from £17.59

Last edited:
Just a really annoying gimmick...It's a straightforward clearance sale..in fact it isn't really a sale as the stuff sells at these prices anyway! I would rather see in advance what's coming up on air, and decide whether I want to buy it or not...not be supposedly "tantalised" by the sight of this gold box, of which the contents are guaranteed to be amazing, then to be fed with silly little clues along the way eg..this one's for the ladies, it's practical, but blingy...obviously a watch, but still they battle on "another clue coming up in a minute"...I don't want to give the game away, but if you're a lady who loves charm braclets then you'll love this...yup it's obviously a watch, a blingy watch with bits dangling off it!!
The silly beggar tentatively lifts the lid of a bit, and peeks in """"OOOOH"""""" ladies, you're going to LOVE this! He sticks his nose back in the box, and you hear him counting...eh? " 12 items he says proudly" Even I'm confused now... Till the great reveal...Yup it was a watch, well a cross between a charm bracelet and a watch..and he had counted every element to make it sound as though you'd be getting 12 separate things...what do they think you're going to do give one of the beads to someone as a present...Perhaps if we were talking "Links of London"! Think it went for about a tenner, then with your p&P on top..no bargain there. These watches are two a penny on the sit up channels!

Give up the childish gimmicks and just sell us the stuff will you!

Finally a good buy on an ingersoll watch for £14.69...that was rather odd how they dropped the price rapidly from £17.59

I saw that (I think); wasn't it initially described as a "jewel-encrusted Ingersoll"? From memory, according to the on-screen description it had a single solitary sapphire (plus other 'gems' I think), but even so it was probably (shock, horror) reasonable value for money for what it was unlike some of their other tat.

On Price-drop they sold a Vivitar 3D camcorder for £10+p&p this evening; unsurprisingly with a limited quantity of 25 but they naughtily let the cat out of the bag by putting the product description on the screen before the phone lines were opened (though I had guessed what it was correctly when James Russell mentioned 'glasses').

Couldn't believe that Simon Peters and assistant were gushing over a 24 carat gold necklace (that's what he said first) ...sorry, a 24 carat gold finish necklace. It looked utterly crap on her neck. It looked almost as yellow as she did. It cost £20. What a piece of shite. This "Vault" business is just so ridiculously fake and contrived.

Latest posts

Back