Travelon SECURITY (NOT) bag

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I bought a security messenger bag for my partner and it just fell off her shoulder when the flimsy strap buckle broke in two (the subject of previous posts).

I also bought a small security bag for me, not much bigger than a wallet, ideal for money and credit cards. It has the metal mesh lining, wire through the strap, and a security clasp.

A week ago the security clasp just fell apart. I was wondering how to replace it, but today one end of the strap just fell off. The stitching just gave way, and I could easily have lost the bag if I hadn't noticed when it fell off my shoulder.

It seems ridiculous to call a bag SECURITY if the stitching is so weak that it just gives way. It could easily have been snatched as the stitching was obviously not up to the job.

I've had it about a year, so I doubt QVC will do anything about it, but I think I should let them know anyway as both these bags were definitely NOT SECURITY. It has never had much weight or bulk in it

Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear of your problems. If I were you I would definitely contact CS and tell them that neither bag is "Fit For Purpose" and see what they say. If you get fobbed off then take it a little higher!

I assume you are talking about the one that was the TSV in August ?? I have just given mine it's first outing on holiday and at the end of the first day's use round town, I noticed the lining on the front pocket was coming away right across the bag. I was reaching for my phone when I noticed it. The zip had difficulty closing without catching the fabric. I used the bag itself for the next few days as I didn't have an alternative and I was in a city and then emailed CS on return to request a pre-paid envelope which arrived on Fri. I have now returned it and am awaiting the refund. I also bought one for my Mum to use on one of our little jaunts but we haven't had one so she hasn't used it. Must go down to hers and check the bag and return if necessary. There is a bit on the website that says you can return within 6 months if item is/develops a fault but I reckon you should try even though it's been longer and mention the reviews about faulty bags on the website and that it appears it is no longer fit for purpose. I've had a few Travelon bags in the past and they have been great but I won't be buying them again.

I've often thought that items made for TSVs are more cheaply made than standard stock. This sort of thing adds weight IMO.

Latest posts

Back