Is my husband right?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tasi

Registered Shopper
He INSISTS that Peter Simon was flogging a dreadful china figure of himself, which Doulton or Worcester or some other firm have made as a tribute to his numtyodd years as an 'entertainer' and his charity work. All proceeds from that particular sale going to one of his charities. Hubby said he had never seen anything so awful, it would scare cats. All it needed was a bit of red paint on the lips and it would have been a dead spit for the Joker in Batman. The only tasteful part of it all was that charity would benefit... if anyone bought one.

Tis true, Tasi.

It wasn't even porcelin. It is a resin figure. I think it went for £14.99. Free P&P though.

Sadly it is true. Whether or not they will be worth anything in years to come is anyones guess.

He got really emotional about it too... the most disturbing sale ever.

Finally: the gift to buy for people you hate :nod:

Bring it down to under a fiver with no P&P and I'll buy one for this year's Secret Santa at work :giggle:

I wonder if Bennyxyz's ordered his yet? :thinking:

I'm still trying to figure out what they modelled the figurine on. I mean, what is he actually doing? Directing traffic :giggle:

I'd have done a limited edition of the 'bogey incident' he had not so long ago :D

Paul - you're right: Bid missed a trick there.

If the thing had "on air slime action (*Just like the real Peter Simon!)" all 1000 would have sold out at three times the price.

As for what he's doing: I suppose it's a nod to the next step on Mr Simon's glittering showbiz career once his contract with Bid is up.

Washing windows. :angel:

God awful! As I said somewhere else, paint red lips and you have the Joker from Batman. Does anyone else think his 'act' is lifted from the good old comics like Larry Grayson? he is the most insincere person going.

Latest posts

Back