Qvc taking several days to ship items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

popcorn

Registered Shopper
Hi does anyone else have problems with QVC dispatching items as mine are taking on average 4-10 days to leave their wharehouse yet they keep telling you that you will receive your items in 3-5 working days
The amount they charge for shipping I believe that they offer a very poor service for the money
I was wondering am I just the poor unlucky soul it always happens to

For some reason I always find that my L'Occitane orders from QVC take more than the 3-5 working days. Jewellery is always pretty quick.

Haven't ordered that much lately but the 4 things I have ordered in the last couple of months or so all came within 5 days definitely.

I find that too. Usually beauty stuff takes ages and jewellery is really quick. Househould stuff is very hit and miss.

But as usual it is always something you are waiting for takes ages and something you really don't need comes quickly.

When they had the Gatineau free P & P the other week I ordered a couple of items one turned up within a couple of days and the other took 7 days!!

It's all very hit and miss. I ordered Lulu items recently on the same order. One was here in 3 days and the other took over a week. It has always bugged me that they never say on air that the 3 to 5 day delivery is from despatch and not from ordering. And when things take too long to arrive and you don't want them it just looks like a return on your account. Plus all the time it takes for them to send letters of non-receipt. It's very frustrating, especially when you've paid a premium price that should give you next day delivery. For example, I ordered an electrical item from the Argos website late on a Saturday afternoon. I paid £5.95 P&P and it was delivered first thing on Monday morning. To pay the same price with QVC and be made to wait over a week is appalling.

Last edited:
Several times recently it has taken 2-3 days before my item has even been shipped!!

To be paying premium p&p prices and getting poor despatch and delivery times, it's really not on. Appalling.

Hit and miss is right. I ordered the Tiana B TSV on 2nd November, apparently dispatched 4th November, but still not here. I ordered it for a wedding on 12th November, but will now have to send it straight back. Which will show up as a return...

OTOH, I ordered the Clarisonic TSV, which arrived within two days.

They're far and away the worst company for deliveries, of all the many online sites I order from.

Don't order much but clarisonic shipped within hours of ordering and arrived 4 days later. Yet I remember last year having to phone CS a few times about my order sitting In Process for 4 days. Always got the answer oh its ready to ship and will be out today.

I would ring or email CS and say you want your money back, including delivery. I don't think 10 days plus for delivery is acceptable. I've always thought it was 3-5 days from delivery and, mostly, this is when I receive my orders.

Don't let them get away with it!

As I am not in the UK, I never really know when items when will arrive here. On the whole its not too bad. (No Clarisonic yet Minim!!). The ROI is not that far away, but once things arrive in Dublin, they are at the mercy of An Post (irish mail), who can be a bit erratic sometimes.

BUT, it really gets my goat when i order something and it is sitting in process for 2 or 3 days. This happened recently with a top I ordered, it was 3 days before it was shipped. Once or twice I phoned CS for an explanation, but you would get more sense out of the cat, so I don't bother anymore. If it is something you really want, you have to put up with it.

I would ring or email CS and say you want your money back, including delivery. I don't think 10 days plus for delivery is acceptable. I've always thought it was 3-5 days from delivery and, mostly, this is when I receive my orders.

Don't let them get away with it!

I meant to say 3-5 days from date of ordering :doh:

I was getting quite impressed with deliveries. I say 'was'....I ordered 3 Bobbi Brown kits on the same day. One turned up two days later, the other two are nowhere to be seen. I think we should start a petition and take it to Trading Standards or something. It really is a complete rip off and I for one have no idea why we put up with it time and time again.

Also, the amount of packaging! I am not sending 4 items of make up back in a large cardboard box packed with stuffing. I use a jiffy bag to keep the return postage down. Then we pay over £200 for a bag and it comes in a plastic bag?!! Absolutely ridiculous!! Grr!! :angry:

The delivery man only comes to my area on a Thursday,so it all depends on when I place an order. If it is before the weekend, then I normally get it Thurday, if I order on a Monday it takes 10 days.

My items have always arrived within the timescale until the Diamonique Bargain Hunter I ordered last Tuesday that still hasn't arrived.

I spoke with CS on Wednesday and opened the conversation by asking if the 3-5 days quoted if from the date of order or dispatch and he said from order. They're sending a declaration thingy out to me so I can get a replacement or refund.

I checked and they only dispatched it on Friday so it might still show up but it's looking doubtful.

QVC are easily the worst company I have ordered from for the postage cost and the time it takes to arrive. I only order things I really want now and calculate the postage into whether it will still be a good deal.

Last edited:
I ordered a TV two-series DVD from Amazon, remarkable value for £8-99 for about 10 hours viewing, WITH FREE POSTAGE.

I ordered it late Sunday afternoon, it was despatched the SAME DAY, and I received it today (it may even have been yesterday as I was away, and it was left in my Parcel-Safe).

I just don't understand why QVC postage is so expensive, slow, and unreliable.

Last edited:
Same here. I ordered the Ninja TSV last week but when it arrived on Friday it was broken. It has gone back and hopefully I will receive a refund plus my £6.00 P&P.

On Saturday evening I ordered a processor from Amazon with free P&P and it was here yesterday afternoon.

Latest posts

Back