Samsung Camera - Todays TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snowstorm

Registered Shopper
Am sorely tempted. I dont have a decent camera. Had a look at some reviews and they are generally complimentary. Does anyone know much more and what do you think about the offer available?

I was looking to get this for my son for Christmas, in place of the click free which had to go back ( another story),
I like it because he takes pictures of himself and his girl friend when they are out and about so the dual screen is good, and Ive looked around and it seems to be £119 in most places but without the case, and no easy pay of course, and all the reviews were good,
the only thing was the micro card I wasnt quite sure about that, as other cameras have sd cards, have to admit Im a sucker for purple, but dont think son would aprreciate that colour so Im going for the silver one.

I'm even worse I ended up getting the silver for my son, and then I was forced to get the purple one.

Well, even though I don't really need one, I ordered the pink version of this as I thought the front screen thingy was quite a good idea and wanted to see what shots taken at night and on zoom look like. I am completely a point and shoot person and want to just be able to turn the camera on and snap away.

It arrived today and I have just played around with it (never bothered with instructions as have Samsung camera already). So far it seems perfect for what I need and the photos I have taken in the dark seem to be loads better than the last camera. The front screen thing is fab!!!! (I'm easily pleased) I am out tomorrow and Monday with friends so will give it a proper test drive!! I have ordered an adapter for the micro SD card and am waiting for that to arrive but it was only 99p from Fleabay so not a major issue.

BTW the pink isn't a bright pink so this may be a disappointment PPC. It's almost a pink/purple/bronze cross colour and I have to say I love it. Had wanted the purple but it was on waitlist and not available til after my hols and I'm glad now!!

Happy snapping to anyone who bought this

I bought one for my daughter for Christmas, it arrived yesterday (the purple one - I actually should have got the pink one but was in a hurry, didn't actually wait to see what shade of pink it was, thinking it would be a bubblegum, would have much more preferred the pink having seen it properly now).

Also, didn't realise the extended Christmas return doesn't apply yet, this has a date of returns by 26.12.11 which is my fault but a bit useless for Christmas day.

Also, and this will teach me to listen before, the mini sd card? Why would you need an adaptor and if it is necessary why wasn't it included in the package? (I'm guessing you need this to possibly upload onto a laptop?).

Also, the packaging seal was broken hmmmmmm, hope it is going to be ok.

Last edited:
One of mine has arrived I ordered two one black one purple, the purple one for me and it's a lovely colour, not had time to try it yet, but just wondered what the adapter is for, if it needs one I would like to get one as the other is for my son for Christmas

Test drove the camera yesterday and it's great for what I wanted. Zoom worked well and the front lcd thingy is handy. When I got home, the SD adapter card from Fleabay had been delivered and is perfect - 99p inc p&p, ordered Weds, arrived Fri. I put the micro card into it, put it in my laptop and loaded the photos. Honestly it was easy - I'm not that technical. So London, nip onto Ebay and order one - it's worth it. The one that I got was a UK seller and is a Sandisk - PM me if you want the sellers details. Although like you say, for that to be missed out of the kit seems a bit pointless and tight.

Anyway, it's a keeper.

Lucy-loo, the adapter is for making the micro sd card into a normal size one for putting the photos on the computer in that slot. Think it may also adapt it to go in other cameras etc where there is a normal sd card slot. See my above post for info and PM me too if you want info

BTW the pink isn't a bright pink so this may be a disappointment PPC. It's almost a pink/purple/bronze cross colour and I have to say I love it. Had wanted the purple but it was on waitlist and not available til after my hols and I'm glad now!!
Hiya Liz, my pink one arrived but although the camera is lush the colour just didn't appeal to me :eek: which I thought may be the case so it's gone home. :tongue: I also had the purple one on advanced order and that will be delivered w/c 5/12, can't wait for it to arrive!! :rock:

When I got home, the SD adapter card from Fleabay had been delivered and is perfect - 99p inc p&p, ordered Weds, arrived Fri. I put the micro card into it, put it in my laptop and loaded the photos. Honestly it was easy - I'm not that technical. So London, nip onto Ebay and order one - it's worth it. The one that I got was a UK seller and is a Sandisk - PM me if you want the sellers details. Although like you say, for that to be missed out of the kit seems a bit pointless and tight.
Will pm you for the details if you don't mind hon. :hi: And yes they are tight barstewards. :tongue:

My other one arrived today and it's silver although I ordered black but I'm still keeping it, and ppc my purple one is gorgeous.
Yes please liz I would like the details for the adapter

Hi does anyone know how to get the small screen on the front working. All instructions are quite straightforward but we cannot get the small screen to come on? Thanks

Latest posts

Back