Thorntons TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

FOOKING HELL!! PMSL!! Sorry Spooky but you really did ask for that!!! :)

whatever it is i won't be watching it - makes me feel sick seeing them all stuffing them in.

Thorntons themselves run some very good offers (often with free P&P) so it's always worth checking their own website.

Anyone tested the 30 MBG on Thorntons? Is it acceptable to send back the empty boxes or do you have to leave some chocolates in them?

Oooh thank you SCW and Sazza, much appreciated.

Being housebound at the moment I just thought this may be ideal for Christmas gift ideas but four boxes of all Continental is a bit samey/boring, so I will give it a miss I think and go direct to their website, whereby I can choose anything from fudge to choccies to toffee, especially if the TSV is around the £30 mark after P&P, get loads of choice on there for that, maybe even a little something for me to keep :grin: :grin: sure the doctor mentioned something about chocolate's healing powers :wink:

Thorntons 1.43kg Continental Milk, White & Dark Chocolate 4 Box Set
Item Number: 833444
QVC Price £36.50
Today's Special Value Price £29.96
Availability In stock
UK P&P £0.00

Description

Thorntons 1.43kg assorted Continental chocolate selection. Contains four boxes of chocolates from Thorntons best-selling Continental range, including Milk, Dark & White, Winter and White selections. Perfect as a treat for yourself or a gift for family and friends, these delicious chocolates will satisfy everyones chocolate cravings! Direct despatch: please allow 5 - 7 working days for delivery. UK mainland only.

* This set has been created especially for QVC
* Each box includes two layers of 14 chocolates
* Delivered ambient
* Presented in a gift box with a bow

Contains:

* 1 x New White Chocolate Continental Selection (360g) – a selection of Thorntons finest European-inspired white chocolates
* 1 x New Winter Chocolate Continental Selection (375g) – a variety of different European-inspired flavours including Stollen, Christmas Pudding, Maple Praline and Mulled Wine
* 2 x Milk, Dark & White Chocolate Continental Selection (350g) – includes pralines, truffles and mousses covered in milk, white and dark chocolates with European influences

Allergy information

* Gluten free
* Suitable for vegetarians
* Contains added nuts
* Contains added milk
* Contains added soya
* Free from artificial colours and flavourings

Behind the brand

This year Thorntons are celebrating their centenary, and are one of the most recognised chocolate brands on the high street. For the past one hundred years Thorntons’ aim has been to create the finest chocolate and confectionery for their customers, and they love nothing more than to share there delicious ranges with chocolate lovers all over the world.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.833444

For any man reading this and you have another half.

Dress up in black and surprise your woman with a box of Milk Tray. You will need to do something dramatic though like sky diving or fighting a shark on delivery. Or you could just get some Thorntons from QVC.

Why would anyone buy thorntons from QVC with such high rates of p+p, when supermarkets sell them for half the price thorntons charge in their shops? How sickly sweet - pardon the unintentional pun - do the presenters seem when they look as if they can't get enough of the chocolates? I'm not a chocolate/sweets person, but how many people actually cut a chocolate into pieces before consuming it?

I think the sickly lady cuts them in half so we can see what they look like inside, all squidgy etc. I bought a Mint Collection from Tesco yesterday for £4, this was half price, QVC do it in a set but it still works out equivalent to a tenner! Asda are doing three boxes for £10 and Tescos had others for half price, jar of Melts for £5 instead of £10, so the fab prices are out there and there is no postage if you are in the shop anyway. I did an online order with a delivery charge so I got caught but I had no choice, but I wouldn't normally do this, I would always go into the shop.

I think the sickly lady cuts them in half so we can see what they look like inside, all squidgy etc. I bought a Mint Collection from Tesco yesterday for £4, this was half price, QVC do it in a set but it still works out equivalent to a tenner! Asda are doing three boxes for £10 and Tescos had others for half price, jar of Melts for £5 instead of £10, so the fab prices are out there and there is no postage if you are in the shop anyway. I did an online order with a delivery charge so I got caught but I had no choice, but I wouldn't normally do this, I would always go into the shop.

Hope you are recovering well Spooky. Gemma xxx

my local wh smiths do a nice bag of mixed thorntons chocs for a £1.00 nice they were to!

My local Co-op was doing a huge box of Thorntons chocolates for a fiver. I was wondering what was wrong with them at that price... it kind of puts QVC prices somewhat overpriced.

I don't mean to sound snooty, but imvho Thornton's produce pretty mediocre chocolates. With shops like Hotel Chocolat and Montezuma's arriving on our high streets you can get top notch, and I mean top notch chocolates to give as gifts..ok, they're a bit dearer, but I'd rather have a smaller pack of something that's better quality.

I don't mean to sound snooty, but imvho Thornton's produce pretty mediocre chocolates. With shops like Hotel Chocolat and Montezuma's arriving on our high streets you can get top notch, and I mean top notch chocolates to give as gifts..ok, they're a bit dearer, but I'd rather have a smaller pack of something that's better quality.

Agree totally. There's no comparison between Thorntons and Hotel Chocolat.

Off topic, but why do QVC only mention P&P when it's free. Craig was making a big thing about the fact P&P is added when you buy from Thorntons' websibe. Funny how they don't even mention their extortionate charges usually.

Latest posts

Back