Returns until 31st January. So what happens to the goods?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
I noticed that that the Sit-up Channels are allowing returns until 31st January.

So what happens to the goods returned that have been used for a couple of months?

Do they get sold again, even though they have been handled and used for two months?

:confused:

I noticed that that the Sit-up Channels are allowing returns until 31st January.

So what happens to the goods returned that have been used for a couple of months?

Do they get sold again, even though they have been handled and used for two months?

:confused:

What a silly question! Ofcourse they don't! Just like any returns policy (clothing) tags must be attatched Etc.

If you went to a highstreet shop which had a 30 day money back guarentee, got £300 worth of holiday clothes, used them, and took them back after, ofcourse they wouldn't allow them back.

It's obviously if its for a christmas present.

It's not a silly question bennyxp. This happens a lot on QVC but you wouldn't realize this. I wouldn't put it past these 48carat gold ripoff merchants Greg. Good question btw Greg.

What a silly question! Ofcourse they don't! Just like any returns policy (clothing) tags must be attatched Etc.

If you went to a highstreet shop which had a 30 day money back guarentee, got £300 worth of holiday clothes, used them, and took them back after, ofcourse they wouldn't allow them back.

It's obviously if its for a christmas present.

WHY is that a silly question to ask?

And I am sorry if this sounds rude Benny, but WHY do you jump so vociferously to Bid's defense whenever anyone posts something that's negative?

I really am starting to believe that you work in Bid's marketing dept, the way you respond so sharply to any suggestion that Bid may not be all above board in their customer service. :thinking:

I mean, I know you've done work experience at Ideal World or summat, but that doesn't explain why you shoot people down the way you do.

Check the bid.tv eBay page - there have been instances folk have been sent 'seconds' on their feedback profile.

Check the bid.tv eBay page - there have been instances folk have been sent 'seconds' on their feedback profile.

But they have 99.9% positive feedback + why cant they sell returns on their ebay page? It's Ebay for goodness sake!

And I am sorry if this sounds rude Benny, but WHY do you jump so vociferously to Bid's defense whenever anyone posts something that's negative?

I really am starting to believe that you work in Bid's marketing dept, the way you respond so sharply to any suggestion that Bid may not be all above board in their customer service. :thinking:

I mean, I know you've done work experience at Ideal World or summat, but that doesn't explain why you shoot people down the way you do.

I only stick up for things if I think things are right. Greg never wrote as many negative comments as he does until the B+H incident. I think it was a silly question, as it's obvious they aren't going to give people items classed as new, which have been used for 2 months....if thats the case, you could say the same thing to most high street stores with a 30 day money back.

I only stick up for things if I think things are right. Greg never wrote as many negative comments as he does until the B+H incident. I think it was a silly question, as it's obvious they aren't going to give people items classed as new, which have been used for 2 months....if thats the case, you could say the same thing to most high street stores with a 30 day money back.

The more and more I look into the Sit-Up selling practices, the more I find faults and inconsistencies.

I don't believe you Benny, that the Sit-Up network won't offload them at a later auction or on E-bay, judging by all the other dodgy things going on with this shopping channel.

How about you get off my back? I am entitled to air my views and opinions. If you don't like them - tough!

Benny, I've worked in various retail establishments. And I can tell you that in each one, if the manager thought he/she could get away with selling substandard goods they would.

I've worked in a fast food establishment that sold chicken that had been kept warm over the legal limit (for fear of salmonella etc) just because of a sudden rush and they didn't want to lose custom.

Saying that an establishment would *never* do something shifty because it's a bad practice is shockingly naive. People will try ANYTHING if they think they'll get away with it.

If that wasn't the case, there'd be no need for Enviromnemtal Health departments, the police, solicitors, or the Office of Fair Trading.

Last edited:
But there is a difference between re selling something because it has been returned due to it not fitting, and, as greg says, an item being worn for 2 months!

And greg....they may offload them on ebay, but thats why they have the page for, to sell damaged packaging items, slightly worn Etc.

Frankly, I wouldn't trust Bid as far as I could throw them. With all the scams and the absurd sales pitch they have got about as much credibility as Heather Mills McCartney. As for getting your money back in January, you'll be getting nowt if they go bust :tongue:

I reckon he is a youngster who can't see the wool being pulled over his eyes becaue he always gives the impression of wet behind the ears

Hope you don't mind being outed Benny (its there for all to see) but check out the Bid web site customer video reviews. Our Benny gushing over his Aviator jacket!. Looks good Benny - enjoy wearing it

Hope you don't mind being outed Benny (its there for all to see) but check out the Bid web site customer video reviews. Our Benny gushing over his Aviator jacket!. Looks good Benny - enjoy wearing it

Ah, bless!

You should be presenting on Bid, Benny. :clapping:

I have to say that it wasn't a type of jacket I would wear, but would be good for people who like that sort of thing. They asked me to do a video review, so I did. :)

I have to say that it wasn't a type of jacket I would wear, but would be good for people who like that sort of thing. They asked me to do a video review, so I did. :)

So you didn't actually buy this jacket then...

Latest posts

Back