Presenter salaries

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
Has anyone ever read or seen anything about how much the presenters earn?

I've just often wondered- I would imagine someone like julia roberts and Alison young will be on a higher rate as whether you like them or not they do sell. I'm sure the likes of Craig and those 2 new blondes will probably just be on a starting salary!

Do they get a cut of what they sell or perhaps targets they have to hit?

I'd imagine it would be upto £1500 an hour for a presenter? How long do their shifts usually last?

Modelling - £500 per show?

I'd imagine it would be upto £1500 an hour for a presenter? How long do their shifts usually last?

Modelling - £500 per show?

Approx. 3 hours a day I would think, £15OO seems a bit steep but who knows.

I would say about £200 an hour for a presenter
£75.99 for a model

Surely presenters would be paid a basic commission plus bonuses for sales generated.

I know Julian drives a Ferrari - so the pay must be good.

Julian has managed to stick his fingers into other pies eg "guest training". God only knows why, but there you go.

I remember presenters saying they didn't work on commission but it's years ago. Things could have changed.

I guess they're paying the presenters to sell it to us, rather than us just see it online. But sometimes even I am interested in buying something, I see who is presenting and I have to switch it off or mute it, so I might as well just go online or forget it. So should that presenter (ok, maybe 2 of them) be paying QVC for blocking time that could have been used to sell? With some I'll keep watching a show I'm not that interested in because the presenter/guest is entertaining, and sometimes you end up buying.

There is no way the presenters will be earning £1500 per hour, and £500 an hour for the models is also unrealistic. I think the presenters will probably be on an annual salary which will be commensurate with the number of hours for which they are contracted, plus any special events they cover. There is a pecking order regarding the presenters; Julia and Debs will obviously be on the higher salaries, then Jilly and Julian, Dale and Charlie. Claire and Jill, then Ali and Debbie will most likely be on a par, then Kathy. Craig is no longer the new boy, so his wages will be higher than Michael, Anna and Carmel. That's just my opinion of the strata I believe should exist. It is all subjective after all.

I agree that they are probably salaried. Gosh work it out at £1500 an hour and with some of them on ten hours a week at least then that is £15000 a week x 52 so the figure becomes ridiculous. They may seem household names to us and yes WE recognise them but to many people in this country they are complete unknowns. I mentiong QVC to people sometimes and they don't have a clue what I am talking about. 'Remember some parts of the country hasn't made the digital changeover yet so they don't even get more than the five basic stations.

Many of them do think they are Divas though!!

I'm sure when QVC were doing the presenter search (which Craig won), they said the salary was going to be £100K per annum. That was a few years ago now and I'm sure the more 'seasoned' presenters would have earned a lot more.

I should imagine that each presenter will negotiate their own contract, hours worked, "hourly rate" and any bonuses available for hitting/exceeding targets.

I wonder how they are allocated the hours/products? I also wonder if every QVC hour earns much the same or if they know that some hours will always earn more than others (I know it sounds a silly question, but it is possible that fewer expensive items will sell and more of the cheaper so the income could be similar).

I would LOVE to know what this bunch do the rest of the week when they are not on air. Surely it cant ALL be corporate work and voice overs. The women probably do the school run and paint their nails, but what about the male presenters ? Is Dale a male model for Grecian 2000 ? I've seen Simon's 'I'm available for work' website so he's up for anything, and Charlie, where does he disappear to the rest of the week ? because unless they really ARE earnng 100K a year which makes them have the best hourly rate in the country, then they have to supplement their income somehow.

I've given this topic some serious thought ...

... I need to be a Q presenter :biggrin:

They cannot be legally self employed. They could run limited companies and then contract out to QVC. If that's the case and you can be arsed to dig about t'internet you can probably find the company and if you're really lucky you might find out the company turnover. Company turnover is not the same as salary though. If you're prepared to pay for the report and the company declares the accounts openly (which they may or may not). But they are most likely to be employed by and however they're paid they will be contracted exclusively for shopping channel work to QVC and I would have thought £100k per presenter is a bit high but maybe on the mark. I doubt they're on commission. What a pain that would be to administer!

It's television. And television pays higher than average wages. We all know that, but what individuals earn is entirely their own business. If they worked for the BBC (funded by tax payer money) then it might be. Other than that – I say good luck to them, as I would with anyone else.

Latest posts

Back