sit-up finances

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for that information :) I'll be interested to see if the 2011 will be better or worse on the 2010 figure.

Well, considering they're ALWAYS selling stuff for either a lot less than they wanted, or for a lot less than they paid for it, I'm surprised they're still afloat!

It must be that astronomical P&P and phone call charges that does it! :smirk:

The one thye publish on the website was very informative including no of staff employed etc pity they feel the need to hide this now maybe with the addition of Argos tv they feel the need to keep it secret now for competitive reasons.

Since the recession in 2008 their revenues have taken a hit. I guess this is the reason for the increasing hard-sell and peddling of more low value tat and crap. It has certainly changed from the entertaining relaxed approach of before. Peter Simon has become a robot who spews forth ridiculous monologues and descriptions to sell the crap. Paul Becque sounds as if he is on recreational substances screaming at the television.

If you mute the volume for a while, you will realise the goods they are selling are your typical street market standard. Certainly the "Tommy & Kate" and "Vivitar" are. Tommy and Kate are not a bone-fide 'designer brand'.

Add the dreaded p&p phone call and premium rate phone numbers, this network of shopping channels could find themselves dropping through the floor if another recession gathers pace.

With their cynical selling practices, I have a feeling that the owners know this and are doing the 'fast buck' route to make as much cash possible out of the punters before the crash.

I agree with everything you said Greg. They seem to be turning into a bigger version of those spivs you used to see in Oxford St selling watches out of a suitcase. They disappeared like a ferret up a flue as soon as a copper came along.

I can never fathom why Peter Simon describes Tommy & Kate as high end. I see handbags better than theirs selling for a tenner on street markets. And have you seen those heated gloves they are knocking out? Big enough to fit the Incredlble Hulk

Well according to Peter Simon virtually everything they sell is 'high end', 'unique' or 'individual' :cheeky: He must think we've all come down the Thames on a banana boat if he thinks we believe that. No matter how many superlatives you throw at it, you can't turn a pigs ear into a silk purse.

Tasi i saw those huge gloves the other day OMG how big were they??!!! also the size of the battery inside them ha ha, must be like carting a couple of car batterys around with you (ok if you got arms like arnold schwarzenegger!)

Tasi i saw those huge gloves the other day OMG how big were they??!!! also the size of the battery inside them ha ha, must be like carting a couple of car batterys around with you (ok if you got arms like arnold schwarzenegger!)

If you laugh at those, you should see the heated socks they have! - Same concept....I can't see how you wash them though! :p lol

EW! Bet they end up RANK!

You'd end up smelling like a sweaty dog that's been out in the rain :puke:

Latest posts

Back