I always thought that Debbie Flint reminded me of someone!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lord! What a person to be compared to!

Debbie F doesn't look as rough as Bea Smith, surely? :wonder:

Now you come to mention it...

I remember watching Prisoner Cell Block H in my teens. Gawd why was I watching that? I did like the storylines though and the rickety sets they had. A few particular scenes remain in my brain - the one where one of the prisoners got chucked in the laundry dryer, knitting needle stabbing, the great escape via the dirty laundry basket caper and the lady govenor who was posher than the queen... oh and the majority of the cast from Neighbours appearing :cool:

I always thought Bea was 'fair' and stuck up for other prisoners but she could be a nasty mamma if you rattled her cage. I'd be scared stiff if she was my wife. She'd only have to ask once.

I remembered too much :confused:

Last edited:
Val Lehman played Bea Smith. We attended an Antiques Roadshow years ago and she was there finding out how much her tea pots were worth and there was a bit of a buzz going round about "an actress" being there but lovely Henry Sandon didn't know who she was. My mum was wrapped though, all excitedly calling "ooooohhh, it's Bea Smith." Apparently she wasn't too chuffed at being remembered for that part though and she lived in Ireland then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Val-Lehman.jpg

I had a mental picture of Googie Withers but then I remembered that was "Within these walls""!

Ok it's late and I've taken my medication!

Jude x

"ooooohhh, it's Bea Smith." Apparently she wasn't too chuffed at being remembered for that part though
LOL - what else did she do - an episode of Young Doctors and a soap powder commercial?

Oooh Young Doctors! Got me thru my degree, laughing at Dr Denham's shirts!

Jude xx

I watched nearly every episode of Sons and Daughters but missed the last ever one. Never knew what happened in the end.

My favourite Aussie soap was The Sullivans closely followed by Flying Doctors.

Actually you shouldn't scoff because many Aussie soap stars have gone on to do great things Alan Dale, Guy Pierce and not forgetting Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue.

Val Lehman.jpg

Here is a picture of Val Lehman. Do you see what I mean now?

Thanks Amn. It hasn't kept me awake but it has been annoying me ever since. I couldn't believe it when I forgot to video the last episode. Year ago things weren't as easy to see again before computers and UTube. Over the years I have oft wondered about it, but not enough to look. You have made an old woman very happy.

My favourite Aussie soap was The Sullivans closely followed by Flying Doctors.

Actually you shouldn't scoff because many Aussie soap stars have gone on to do great things Alan Dale, Guy Pierce and not forgetting Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue.

Oooh, I loved the Flying Doctors! and I liked Sons and Daughters too. Its always fun watching the Aussie soaps, spotting which actors have appeared in other soaps.

Debbie Flint always reminds me of Lesley Dunlop who played Zoe in the later seasons of May to December.

Oh Sons and Daughters was classic soap opera. I didn't watch it from the start but once I caught an episode of it, I was completely hooked. The last episode concluded the series beautifully. I think it's available on youtube.

Latest posts

Back