Butler & Wilson Offerings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I have to admit I have some B&W jewellery pieces which I really love and think they are well worth the money paid.BUT the clothing and accessories IMO are truly awful.Cheap ( looking) not price and not in any way chic.We all have different taste but there is nothing in the accessories range I would even be tempted with, but as there are lots of 'sell-outs' I'm on my own here!

Your not on your own.I would never buy any of his clothing,not sure who the market is,maybe the same people that buy Indigo Moon,and Quacker Factory.
Lynn

I have to admit I have some B&W jewellery pieces which I really love and think they are well worth the money paid.BUT the clothing and accessories IMO are truly awful.Cheap ( looking) not price and not in any way chic.We all have different taste but there is nothing in the accessories range I would even be tempted with, but as there are lots of 'sell-outs' I'm on my own here!

Definitely not on your own SF. I cringe when I see some of his stuff, just plain tat. Years ago I bought a Chinese style top which I wore with a black trouser suit for a couple dressy dos and loved it, but I wouldn't be seen dead in anything of his now.

Totally agree, the B and W stuff I have I really love and it is good quality. I switched off today, the items were monstrous, hideous and tasteless. I laugh when they go on about some of the things not being available in his shops and made just for QVC!! I think we know the reason why...............

I think MOST of the jewellery is very poor quality and have had nicer from Wallis at a reasonable price. I love my B&W handbags and the clothing I have. So.....maybe I'm on my own! lol!

Just turned over in time to see a £90.00 panda christmas tree brooch sell out.:mysmilie_466: I thought that was bad but am now looking at a skull and wing brooch for nearly £100.00!!!!!.

I have just ordered the bargain hunter necklace. It looked really nice, but I am wondering if I have lost my remaining marbles. Its on easy pay, but is far more than I have ever spent on costume jewellery. Oh well, if it turns out to be naff, I can send it back. I now have to watch out for the confirmation email like a hawk, in case Mr Itchy sees it.

I have just ordered the bargain hunter necklace. It looked really nice, but I am wondering if I have lost my remaining marbles. Its on easy pay, but is far more than I have ever spent on costume jewellery. Oh well, if it turns out to be naff, I can send it back. I now have to watch out for the confirmation email like a hawk, in case Mr Itchy sees it.

That was me until very recently. I now have my own email address and Mr LH is none the wiser.

I think his necklaces etc are more aimed at the london clientele who go to big posh parties and dos as second nature, he had one on last night which had an enormous glass faceted flower in the centre with other big things either side. It came in a pewtery colour and a purple and was circa £100, it looked so big and heavy - a clunker as my nan would say lol. Ooh and the "moth" necklace too, both seemed very popular so they're either very enlarged or I imagine there is a certain style of person who buys them, the Tamara Beckwith, TPT, "IT" girls of this world as they go to the appropriate places for it. Me on the other hand would look ridiculous wearing it round Sainsbury :eek:)

This 'crystal planet brooch' was on last night's couture show:-

All I can say is that their idea of what is classed as couture is very different from mine.

I have a crown key ring that was a gift so I've no idea is it ever aired on QVC. It's fab and great fun but I'm not if I'd have been so pleased with it if it has been a brooch or a pendant. If you see what I mean. It's the only piece of B&W I own. I do pop into his shop occasionally and it's always packed.

I do rather like his beaded evening bags but what do I need another evening bag for eh?

I bought a lovely crystal necklace and earings B&W TSV about 3 years ago. It was dainty and about £26.00. The prices now are getting silly.

I think his necklaces etc are more aimed at the london clientele who go to big posh parties and dos as second nature, he had one on last night which had an enormous glass faceted flower in the centre with other big things either side. It came in a pewtery colour and a purple and was circa £100, it looked so big and heavy - a clunker as my nan would say lol. Ooh and the "moth" necklace too, both seemed very popular so they're either very enlarged or I imagine there is a certain style of person who buys them, the Tamara Beckwith, TPT, "IT" girls of this world as they go to the appropriate places for it. Me on the other hand would look ridiculous wearing it round Sainsbury :eek:)

so is that who qvc think their clientele is too??:wink:

The man is so far up his own backside there really is'nt room for JR as well. Doesn't stop her trying though.

I've got some of his smaller brooches which I love but most of the stuff on last nigt was gawdy looking IMHO and his clothes are way over priced.

I watched last nights 'Couture' show but when the prices were mostly around & over the £100 I switched off.A couple of years ago I bought a necklace which is trotted out each Christmas ( 'gold' band with 'gold' beads & rhinestones all round) it is bling but nothing compared with last nights offerings.Some were so large & OTT I have one of the 'crystal type' flower necklaces in black & like that too but was no-where near these prices.Did I miss any earrings last night?

I find his clothes hilarious...complete and utter garish garbage. I could think of nothing worse than going to a posh do dressed in a top that was emblazened with an oversized dog or cat covered in sparkly crystals. People would definitely stare, but not because they thought you looked in anyway classy.

Some of his jewellery is ok I suppose, just SOME of it.

This 'crystal planet brooch' was on last night's couture show:-

All I can say is that their idea of what is classed as couture is very different from mine.

Haha - obviously seasonal ... or is it just me that thinks it looks like a Christmas pudding ?

I absolutely agree. I have several pairs of ear rings I brought years back & they are all really nice. I wore a pair last night when OH & I went out to dinner & he even commented how nice they were. His stuff now is just awful. Looks cheap & like it fell out of a Christmas Cracker.

I don't own any B&W ~ doubt I ever will! ~ but I do enjoy the shows for the sheer sparkliness and glitter.

Latest posts

Back