QVC Archos TSV 26th Nov

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SydneyRose

Registered Shopper
Just wondered if anyone had any idea of this TSV. Hoping for something good to store films on.

I got a 3 inch Archos tablet and then a 7 inch with touch screen from Q many years ago, it predated the ipad by years, and also records from the TV and browses the web. It also crashes fairly frequently!

I'd like to know that too Simon, I recorded the show, deleted it as soon as I saw what it was, they couldn't even be bothered to correct the title to Bose.

Never sure if they still do Archos, wasn't in the Brand list last time I looked.

Archos 80 G9 8" Android 3.2 Tablet with 8GB Flash Memory, WiFi Software & Case
Item Number: 500534
QVC Price £231.00
Today's Special Value Price £199.92
Availability In stock
UK P&P £9.95
Available in 4 Easy Pay instalments of £49.98 plus P&P

Description

Archos 80 G9 Android 3.2 Honeycomb tablet with 8GB flash memory, software and accessories. This 8" tablet features Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, a mini HDMI port, a Micro SD port, and a fantastic software bundle to get you started, courtesy of QVC. Enjoy powerful tablet computing wherever you are with this amazing device from Archos - perfect for work and play.
Enjoy high resolution entertainment, fast internet browsing and even 3D gaming with the Archos 80 G9's powerful ARM smart multi-core processor.

See web pages in all their glory with the 8" high resolution (1024 x 768) display, plus Flash compatibility so you can enjoy the full internet experience with the latest internet videos.

A fantastic battery life, offering up to 7 hours of video playback and a whopping 36 hours of music, makes this tablet the perfect travelling companion.

Want to watch a movie but don't want to hold the tablet for the duration? This device features a handy kick-stand so you can just sit back and enjoy.

Plug your tablet into your HDTV via the mini-HDMI port and you can share your movies, pictures and full Android interface on a big screen.

You'll receive a software bundle packed with fun and productive apps to get you started including Quick Office Pro HD, which allows you create, edit and view word documents, spreadsheets and more.

To keep your tablet safe, QVC are also including a protective case as well as screen protectors to guard against bumps and scratches!

If you have any difficulties with setup and beyond, the Talk Me Through It team will be on hand with all the gadget advice and support you'll need. Find out more…

Technical specifications:

* Display: 20.3cm (8") touchscreen - 1024 x 768 resolution
* Tablet operating system: Android 3.2
* Processor: ARM smart multi-core CORTEX A9 OMAP 4 1GHz
* Data capacity: 8GB flash memory and Micro SD slot for extra storage (SDHC compatible)
* Webcam: 720p front camera
* Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
* Video compatibility: MPEG-4 HD (up to 1080p), MPEG-4 (up to DVD resolution), H.264 HD (up to 1080p at 30fps and 1080i/720p at 60fps)
* Video compatibility with optional plug-in: MPEG-2 (up to DVD resolution)
* Video formats supported: AVI, MP4, MOV, 3GP, MPG, PS, TS, VOB, MKV, FLV, RM, RMVB, ASF
* Audio compatibility: MP3, WAV, AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis, FLAC
* Audio compatibility with optional plug-in: AC3 5.1
* Image compatibility: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
* Supported subtitle types: .srt, .ssa, .smi, .sub
* Battery type: lithium polymer
* Battery life: music playback: up to 36 hours; video playback: up to 7 hours; internet browsing: up to 10 hours
* Dimensions: 22.6cm x 15.5cm x 1.17cm (8.9" x 6.1" x 0.5")
* Weight: 465g (17oz)

Features:

* Built-in GPS
* Built-in speakers
* G-sensor
* Compass
* Kick stand
* Built-in microphone

Input/output

* Mini-USB
* Mini-HDMI
* Headphone out
* Micro SD port

Application bundle includes:

* Britannica Concise Encyclopaedia 2011
* Easy Money
* Merriam Webster’s Medical Dictionary
* Oxford Dictionary of English
* Quick Office Pro HD (full version with Word Processor, Spreadsheet editor and more)
* Slide IT Keyboard
* Syncables 360 Home Network V.7
* Trend Micro Mobile Security
* Family Game Pack including Backgammon, Checkers, Chess, Move It! and Sudoku

Minimum system requirements:

* Windows 7, Vista, XP or higher
* Mac OS X with Android Transfer Files application (not included)
* Linux with Android MPT tool (not included)
* USB 2.0 interface

What's in the box?

* Archos 80 G9
* USB cable
* Power supply
* User guide

Added value

* Protective case
* 2 x screen protectors
* Android application bundle card

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.500534

There are a couple of questions already, but I doubt if Q will answer them, and even if they do, not in time for the TSV.

One I want to know myself - - - what size extra memory can you fit.

The internal 8GB does not sound much to me, ipads go up to 64GB but cost about £600.

My Archos 7-inch is 160GB.

We've been contemplating getting an i pad 2. How does the archos compare? Do you think the i pad is worth the extra money? or will this be as good?

I don't think the ipad has a USB connection so you can't drag and drop photos, music, videos etc to it, which has always put me off. You can do this with the Archos.

You can connect the iPad to the computer and transfer stuff, probably a tiny bit more complicated that just Drag and Drop though.
I've transferred stuff recorded from my TV tuner to the Pad to watch.

I don't know about FarmVille but you cannot "watch us live" on IW and it won't open none of the "watch videos" either. Same with QVC.

Latest posts

Back