Oh please..how ridiculous,but hilarious!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
I was cleaning my bathroom earlier and feeling emotional ,as my daughter has gone back to Uni after popping home for her brother's 21st.
QVC was on in the bedroom and as usual Keeley was banging on at 20 to the dozen about a miracle eye product that not suprisingly was fabulous for puffy eyes,dark circles,crepey eyes,lines and wrinkles, teens and geriatrics,potato eyes,bright eyes,cats eyes etc etc

She then started talking about a bath product that makes you feel "sedentary" but "not so sendentary you feel sad with yourself" What????????????????????

Thanks Keeley, you cheered a miserable old bird up with that comment as it made me laugh out loud at the "power of Elemis"

I sympathise with your downer. My "baby" is in the US for a year & I miss her so much .... but it doesn't take much to make me laugh.
Wish I'd seen that little speech. I would have been rolling around!

The one that had me giggling yesterday was the french parfumier (sp?), who, when describing a certain fragrance said "imagine you are on a beach standing under a palm tree, with the wind"- there was then a pause before the rest of the sentence, something about smells wafting on the breeze.............:cheeky:

Must say though, that Keely does come out with some absolute rubbish. Always get the feeling that she has just learned it parrot fashion from the labels on the back of the products and doesn't actually have a clue what any of it means...

I'm another newly empty nester too. My gorgeous 21 year old son moved out in August and I am slightly ashamed to say that I wept every day for about a week. I only have one child and although I am so proud of him and how hard he's worked to get ahead in his career, I wish he was still at home with me. I see him about once a week though so it could be worse.

So pleased I have my two babies (Norwegian Forest Cats) to look after. Slightly worried though that I might turn into some sad mad old cat woman.

"some sad mad old cat woman" Lol, I'm there already ... and it's not too bad

Oh please how ridiculous, but hilarious!

Nothing wrong with being a mad cat woman, any age! Lucky to have Norwegian Forest Cats, they must be gorgeous,
Mad old dog lady here with visiting cat at meal times.

Still dithering about the Elemis TSV, not an Elemis fan, altho it is a good offer, but they are flogging it to death and then some, bit off putting.

I'm another newly empty nester too. My gorgeous 21 year old son moved out in August and I am slightly ashamed to say that I wept every day for about a week. I only have one child and although I am so proud of him and how hard he's worked to get ahead in his career, I wish he was still at home with me. I see him about once a week though so it could be worse.

On arriving back home after taking my only son to Uni for the first time, I went into his bedroom and sobbed. I knew that the likelihood was that he'd never live at home again, however I soon realised that it wouldn't work for either party if he did. They get into student mode at uni (no resemblance to real life) and change beyond recognition, and they don't want to re-adjust when they come home.

Empty nest here too and I hate it. Could it be because Momma bird is a single bird too I wonder.

I don't think it can be so bad when you have a Daddy bird to tell your tales of woe to but when the house just rattles to the sound of your own voice then it becomes too much somtimes.

As for Keeley. It's overkill surely. What a boring flippin Sunday it has been. My daughter has ordered the TSV but otherwise she would never think of bothering with Elemis. She has to admit though that it is a tempting buy. They must be desperate.

So pleased I have my two babies (Norwegian Forest Cats) to look after. Slightly worried though that I might turn into some sad mad old cat woman.

I joined this club last week too. My son moved out on Thursday (he's an only one as well). I've been ok so far & he popped round today for a while. So what did I do to encourage him to be independant? I baked him some buns and boiled a joint of ham for him to take home with him. Also sent him back with some clean washing & a bag full of 'bits and pieces'

OK. Actually you're all quite lucky because at least your babies live in the same continent as you! My daughter lives in Africa and is about to have my first grandchild so you can imagine how that feels! Saying goodbye at airports is agony I can tell you- one of the few times I ever see tears in my OH's eyes. Might go and have a little sob now!

I sympathise with your downer. My "baby" is in the US for a year & I miss her so much .... but it doesn't take much to make me laugh.
Wish I'd seen that little speech. I would have been rolling around!

Sorry, minim, forgot your daughter was I the US.

Don't sob!

Be happy for them. After all, we raise them to stand on their own two feet ... don't we?
... And Change is inevitable (except from a vending machine).

Look what Frangipani Annie DID! Got us all pining and everything ....

Keeley really does come out with a load of old toffee doesn't she? Does not inspire me to invest in the brand :cheeky:

have been laughing and sniffing reading this. When my son (and only child) went to uni I was actually looking forward to having the house to myself and then was shocked to find how much I missed him. I recall howling the first weekend he had gone (not ind front of him of course) and it took me a couple of years to change his room into a more general spare room as it upset me to sort stuff out. I agree that we should be proud that we have raised independant children and that missing them is the flip side of loving them.

As for Keeley I posted on here a while back in astonishment about her claim that the higher up a moutain you went the better the oxygen levels were!!!! it was part of sales pitch for face cream and A Y was in full throttle agreement with this "fact"

Another one here to add to the list. My 22 year old son went to Australia last month for at least a year (he is hoping 2 years). Its b.......y awful. We do have another son left with us, he was 21 yesterday, but once he has finished his degree, says he is going too.

My 3 have all left home, but my son came back for about 6 months with his new South American wife in tow......then my daughter came back twice, the 2nd time with a dog in tow.....and is still here! Empty nests don't stay empty for long in my experience!

Latest posts

Back