It's all about me!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

One of the (many) things that grinds my gears about QVC presenters is when they behave as though they are the company. "I only have....", "I have queues on the phone...", "I am almost out of stock of...." etc. etc. JF is a particular culprit with this but they all do it from time to time. Never mind the hundreds of other people that actually do the hard work to get the products to our doors. Eventually. It doesn't take much to say "we" after all. I hope I'm not alone here!

I wanted to watch the handbag show, I think it was The Sak, but I found her so irritating with I, I, I, that *I* was getting fed up. The last straw came when she appeared to be shocked that some people might actually use their bags and not keep them in dust bags. "Surely everyone keeps their bags in a dust bag?" was her brainless comment. No love, some of us only have the one bag, which is used all the time. I don't even own a dust bag. Perhaps she keeps her brain in a dust bag too because there's very little evidence of it being used.

Lol.
I don't find Ms Franks easy to watch so I don't, but I do enjoy coming here to read the effect she has had on those tolerant enough to watch her.

Does my £8 House of Matalan, oh so on trend warrant a dustbag ? JF would probably have a coronary to think that anyone would be so common to have that on their arm.

She pees me off that woman. I cannot bear her. Far too self opionated, full of snobbery and & needs to take her head out her backside. There I've said it :rock:

And NO I don't watch her. Immediately she appears I switch off.

Last edited:
I must be really common cos I've never heard of a dustbag for a bag. Maybe QVC should start selling them.

QVC should really think about reeling her in and giving her a talking to. She is just a spoilt over-indulged little brat. How dare she talk down to people.

Dustbags - a bag that gathers dust whilst preventing your bag from gathering dust...:grin: because woe betide having to actually wipe the dust off a bag before you use it, sheesh :cheeky: Our lovely Ms Franks probably has a specially designed cloth for that - her being the most gullible of creatures and a marketing dream!

Never seen the point in them myself. Mine get used as pyjama cases, lingerie bags for travelling and I even have one as a cushion cover :nod: lol

Another pretentious item that has appeared from nowhere...I like having my bags out on display so I can ogle them and actually see them to chose one (I am a bag freak though, so am probably in the minority here!)

Sadly I don`t think QVC are bothered about reeling any of the presenters in,beats me how AY has got away with it for all these years,there can be no excuse for actually hitting someone who is a guest.
Lynn

QVC should really think about reeling her in and giving her a talking to. She is just a spoilt over-indulged little brat. How dare she talk down to people.

You have said it much better than I did babytoes:clapping:

But nothing will happen. She will still be allowed to carry on in her own condescending way, the same way they allow Gobby Young to. The publics opinion seems to count for nothing with QVC. We just help pay their wages !

drives me nuts too moth. in a similar vein, it really annoys me when JR always says MY producer, MY floor manager. seeing as she always has a guest and a model, i don't know why she can't say OUR. apart from the fact she would feel less important of course.

Ah, but Alison Tongue is above all the other presenters.

She's № 1, the Beauty expert and is pres-te-jus so she can do as she likes.

Until Moth posted, I was unaware that JF even HAD a brain. She persistently talks the biggest load of boll---s I have ever heard.

Sounds like my Bank Manager 'If i'm going to lend my money, I need to make sure of xyz' - YOUR money!!!!

It gets my goat - it's not his, actually it's not even the banks, we've bailed out the useless beggars!

I admit I'm not a family or socially orientated creature but ages ago JF blogged about being a godmother to a new baby girl and it stunned me. The materialistic twaddle spouted had better have been tongue in cheek because if not then JF has a cash register for a soul. http://blogs.qvcuk.com/jill_franks/2010/02/im-a-fairy-godmother.html#more

Materialistic is absolutely right. I can't stand people like that who wouldn't be seen dead in anything but designer stuff. They are normally very selfish, everything is about money, everything for the look of the thing. I confess I do have a few items of designer clothing, a couple pairs of shoes & a couple of handbags. Its nice to have a few items but it seems that Madam Franks simply can't live without it.

I thought only vacuum cleaners had dustbags !!!!!

As for not being 'reeled in', I think its that problem I keep harping on about - the age of those in authority ! Most of the presenters ARE middle aged (yes JF that includes you too, being over 40), and I'm hazarding a guess that 'management' are ex uni grads who dare'nt say a word to the on-screen divas for fear of being told off themselves !!!!

JF has all the hallmarks of an indulged little madam who hasn't a clue how ordinary people live. I'd be surprised if she even knows how to boil a kettle.

AY is the worst for being a sole trader, as in "I've only got a few of these left..." I always think it makes her sound like one of those market patter-merchants hawking gadgets and bits of crockery. She even does the "Not fifty pounds, not even twenty, just TEN POUNDS". It's straight from a market soap-box.

AY is the worst for being a sole trader, as in "I've only got a few of these left..." I always think it makes her sound like one of those market patter-merchants hawking gadgets and bits of crockery. She even does the "Not fifty pounds, not even twenty, just TEN POUNDS". It's straight from a market soap-box.

she also counts up - elsewhere this could cost you thirty, forty, SEVENTY POUNDS!!!

Latest posts

Back