You know it really annoys me when.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Almerinda

Registered Shopper
the presenters and guests whitter on about an item and we don't get a close up of it. For instance, I saw Debbie Greenwood and the CID lady presenting a make-up palette last night and they went on about it for 10 minutes without it hardly been shown in close up.

"Let's see what it looks like!!!" I found myself shouting at the TV.

They did the same with some lip glosses; wittered on about the light in the lid without showing the colours or describing them.

MOST ANNOYING!

i totally agree almerinda - especially when it's something that needs a close up like make up. funnily enough i particularly noticed it last time i saw a CID show.

presumably this is a producer fault?? i'm not sure who decides which shots to transmit but i assume for once we can't blame the presenter ;)

Oh yes, it infuriates me too. I don't know who is to blame really. Is it the camera people or the studio director? Surely they should be listening up there in the gallery and someone should say " cut to close up" and also they should have a bank of screens so they can see which one is on air at any given moment.

Also I find the close up shots are far too slow most of the time so that by the time they get to the actual closeness we all want, they cut to something else.

The other thing which always bugs me is when they don't give out clothes sizing for ages and ages. To my mind this is the most important thing, we can usually see the colours but sizes vary so much.

gem - agreed. i vaguely remember someone saying on here that they don't have many cameras/people on the floor? but even so.... now the clothing sizes (do we really want to know? :tongue: ) that is a presenter thing and to give her her due, JR seems the best at giving sizes promptly. the rest of them seem to wait till half the sizes are limited/sold out and then run off the sizes in a fast gabble.

Oh yes, it infuriates me too. I don't know who is to blame really. Is it the camera people or the studio director? Surely they should be listening up there in the gallery and someone should say " cut to close up" and also they should have a bank of screens so they can see which one is on air at any given moment.

Also I find the close up shots are far too slow most of the time so that by the time they get to the actual closeness we all want, they cut to something else.

The other thing which always bugs me is when they don't give out clothes sizing for ages and ages. To my mind this is the most important thing, we can usually see the colours but sizes vary so much.

Yes, they are too busy telling us that it can be dressed up, dressed down, worn with a little trouser (or pump) that is on trend, fashion faw wad or can be worn with a flippin' crisp white shirt! Give us the bliddy sizes and show or at least describe the details of the garment!! We all know that a shirt or jumper has to be worn with trousers or a skirt and we certainly don't need fashion advice from Glen (short trousers) Campbell or Jill (flared trousers) Franks. Phew, I feel better now!

Aren't the sizes universally small, medium, large, extra large, extra extra large, extra extra extra large and extra extra extra extra large? If the sizes aren't always the same why are they bothering with this extra extra silly sizing system?

It irritates me no end when they don`t have the sizes and tell people to go on the web site, its their job to prepare before a show and make sure they have the basics such as sizing!!! ..not everyone has a computer!!! I thought it was a TV sales channel......and when they start giving ridiculous sizes for example ..."and the chest sizes start at 21 inches"..that happens quite often

Agree!!! my big gripe is when showing showing jewellery and they don't show it on. I can't work out flipping mm's but if I see a ring on the hand I can gauge....don't even get me started on Jilly demonstaring earrings!

Agree!!! my big gripe is when showing showing jewellery and they don't show it on. I can't work out flipping mm's but if I see a ring on the hand I can gauge....don't even get me started on Jilly demonstaring earrings!

excellent point. I often see a ring I like, then when the model puts it on it turns out to be a teeny tiny thing that looks nothing (I like stonkers).

Linda xx

Agree with all that - but my other big gripe is that mostly they do not say what material the clothes are made off - apart from Cashmasoft who frequently state it is quite wonderful acrylic! All the catalogues state the material used, sure it is a legal requirement and I really want to know. Do not want to go on their website while I am watching 'live' TV - it is their job to give all the important information. Flint is the absolute worst - seems to me she walks straight through the door into the studio without having seen the items she is supposed to be presenting, or having spoken to the producer or checked the details. Her shows are absolutely shambolic and she should be the first to be got rid IMO. Nightmare!

Latest posts

Back