Glen Campbell

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I really don't see the point of this man. No honestly, what does he actually add to a programme - he talks complete waffle.

Is he a Michael Jackson fan or what? What is it with his trousers being so short all the time?

He's far too old to be making a statement.

couldn't agree more.pointless person with an inflated sense of his own self worth.He probably feels the same about me! lol

You obviously don't want to listen to the "story" he has "coming through".

When Glen talks about wearing a "little trouser", he doesn't mess about... :smirk:

he gives me the creeps, he just hovers around, touching the clothes and prattling on ... ooooh, shudders!

I also agree,drives me mad the way he keeps saying (Play around with it and on Trend). Plus if I hear any more mention of PARTY`S I think I will scream.
Lynn

Absolute ******* imo, don't know where he comes from but I think he lives in Yorkshire so I don't know what the lovely people there think of him and his inflated ego.

I remember when he used to be one of the fashion gurus on This Morning back in the day. I think it was when Richard and Judy used to do it from Liverpool.

I used to wonder who he was then but there were a few of them, one was Lesley Ebbutts who also is a guest presenter from time to time on QVC but she at least is pleasant. Then there was John somebody or other who is now on one of the jewellery channels.

I suppose they are all just wannabes who at some time or other were hoping to make a career in fashion as designers or whatever and then broke into television hoping that this would make them a fortune.

Heck I could do the job. All you have to do is layer as my daughter tells me.

Here goes - thermal vest, liberty bodice, polo neck thin sweater, long cardigan, gilet, scarf trendily knotted double and on my legs - Bridget Jones pants, jeggings, leg warmers and sheepskin boots, on my head - Icelandic hat (don't fasten the bobbles or people will laugh).

Gosh it'll be time to come back in again before I even get out of the door!

Absolute ******* imo, don't know where he comes from but I think he lives in Yorkshire so I don't know what the lovely people there think of him and his inflated ego.

He's from Leeds. I live near Leeds and for what it's worth, I think he's a t- t and I don't mean the bird variety.

gem genie

yeah i remember him on This Morning and being surprised when he popped up on qvc. i was thinking exactly what has been said here - 'huh? why do we need someone other than the presenter - "fashion expert" or not'. mind you, that was probably around the time it went from wearable clothes to technicolour polyester. maybe extra help was needed to shift the stuff.

"coming through" is on a par with "for you" for me in the swearing at the tv stakes. it just rolls of his tongue all the time - not even where it could make sense by any stretch of the imagination.

what you said about not having time to go out reminded me of my norwegian friend. she said one of the reasons she never goes home to norway in winter is because it takes so long to get dressed to go out, it's not worth it. lol!

among the many things that annoy me about Glen is the way he says "kinda" practically every other word, so the drivel he speaks goes "kinda" like this:

"this is a kinda lovely trouser that kinda suits all you ladies out there from the kinda young girl about town to kinda a lady of an age going out to kinda coffee with the girls dress it up kinda dress it down as you feel kinda playful got a kinda catwalk theme coming through here with these buttons going to be kinda very on trend wether you are kinda a lady of an age..........."
and on and on and on, makes me want to scream!! but I switch off instead as it doesn't even make me laugh anymore.

among the many things that annoy me about Glen is the way he says "kinda" practically every other word, so the drivel he speaks goes "kinda" like this:

"this is a kinda lovely trouser that kinda suits all you ladies out there from the kinda young girl about town to kinda a lady of an age going out to kinda coffee with the girls dress it up kinda dress it down as you feel kinda playful got a kinda catwalk theme coming through here with these buttons going to be kinda very on trend wether you are kinda a lady of an age..........."
and on and on and on, makes me want to scream!! but I switch off instead as it doesn't even make me laugh anymore.

i think you need a few more - nope, several more - "coming through"s in there ;) and of course a little pump.

I had a little pump earlier.

Then had to open the window: I blame the garlic sausage and fried onion sandwich I had for lunch.:nod:

I was going to say something completely tasteless there regarding your statement, but I won't.

That use of "kinda" makes me furious too!!

Almost as bad as Nikki (the young lady who subs for Simon Wilson) who says "you know" over and over again in that awful flat nasal tone. Drives me mad and I have to stop myself from counting!!

And also lest we forget we have to be able to "go out to play..." in whatever we wear. I'm sorry, but after I've kinda sorta sorted out my wardrobe and had a little pump on my trouser I'm too knackered to go out to play.

Latest posts

Back