Has craft been given the here-ho??

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
Apologies if I am missing something (I have been away on my hols for a few weeks lately). Have qvc diminished their craft shows? I can't see much in the schedule and I know they have got shot of it in the USA. I also noticed their website has a lot of craft in the Clearance section

it looks like it. dawney's gone and her likkle niece was to take over. not a crafter myself so wont miss it ! like anna griffin though!

oh, I'd forgotten about Ayyyymmeeee's nice shiny new contract - not seen her for ages. I do miss Rosemary though, no airs and graces.

Apologies if I am missing something (I have been away on my hols for a few weeks lately). Have qvc diminished their craft shows? I can't see much in the schedule and I know they have got shot of it in the USA. I also noticed their website has a lot of craft in the Clearance section

We can live in hope.

well I'm in Florida atm and have filled 2 suitcases with craft stuff at a fraction of the QVC prices, so personally I don't care if they get rid of the whole lot of it, I will never buy crafts from them again.

The 'Craft' tab has been removed from the website and craft is now under 'Home and Leisure'. The craft section of last clicks has gone from 119 items last night to 264 today with most items half price or less. Amy Shaw has said on her blog that it's normal to not have craft shows at this time of year!

now thats not true amikins. crafting was always big at christmas. card making tsv's for christmas and gifts for the crafter etc etc etc. craft must not be selling we are in one of the biggest recession and pepes cannot aford paper over food and fuel. rant over!

Just an aside, Leonie on IW/C&C said in June/July she hates doing Christmas shows at that time of year. Personally, I couldn't create a card then for the festive season. Maybe I'm not a true crafter! :sad:

well I'm in Florida atm and have filled 2 suitcases with craft stuff at a fraction of the QVC prices, so personally I don't care if they get rid of the whole lot of it, I will never buy crafts from them again.

speaking as someone who had to leave her route 66 mugs behind....................how the heck are you gonna get that lot on the plane??

Just an aside, Leonie on IW/C&C said in June/July she hates doing Christmas shows at that time of year. Personally, I couldn't create a card then for the festive season. Maybe I'm not a true crafter! :sad:

hello hello Loveinamist I think you are - why don't you come and join us on www.crafttelly.com?

ps Boffy, crafters are addicted to buying more stash they'll eat baked beans for a week to get the stamp they want (IMHO)...but I haven't bought nearly as much this year, especially as Kanban have gone to C&C and lost the plot.

Last edited:
speaking as someone who had to leave her route 66 mugs behind....................how the heck are you gonna get that lot on the plane??

I've done it before and don't seem to have a prob, mind you I use porters over here to get bags from hotel room to car, car to check-in. Not so easy at Gatwick because porters don't seem to be so "service orientated" as in the US (perhaps I'm too grumpy ?). I fly Virgin Atlantic PE which allows 2 cases of 23 kg.

Linda xx

If QVC are taking crafters seriously then they should listen to what crafters want! Its like they just don't care and are going ahead doing their own thing which in my opinion is the wrong way.

What is the point of now hidding the 'craft' section under home & leisure, that is NOT the place people would look for it. It needs to have its own heading, on the first page of the website as it always has done in the past. What is going on? Are they taking any notice of all the comments made on here and Craft Telly, which always makes very intersting reading. Its like as soon as there is a comment about what people like and don't like they go and do the complete opposite!!!! Not good business sense. :sad:

What do I want? I want good shows with professional crafting guests who can inspire and excite us back to a hobby some of us used to love. I want to see new and innovative products, not things THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS :sleepy:, with techniques, and lots of cards made up with the kits that I can see how the kits can be used. I am fed up with reading how much us crafters want to see good demonstrations during the shows and also how we do not know when the shows are on. How can QVC expect us to know when to watch when the shows are all over the place? The formula is quite simple so why can't they deliver? :angry:

I don't mind paying a bit more on the p+p because I like the call centre being in the uk and the fast delivery but, recently there has been nothing I have wanted to buy. Also, why aren't all the basic items that we as crafters need like a choice of adhesives and good quality card always in stock?

Phew, I know... I should go and join Craft Telly Forum.....

And another thing, whilst QVC have decided to abandon craft hours for all these months (they always DID have craft hours throughout the WHOLE year!!!!!!) customers have sought their craft fix elsewhere.. like in the US!

Here's hoping to less "craft" shows, boring, boring, boring.......it's all about making cards, this stamp, this shiny bit of paper, in these colours, glitter ooooh lovely sparkly glitter, snooooore.....How about other crafts, art, crochet, knitting, leather craft, pottery, I mean at least some variety.

Latest posts

Back