POLL: How much do you trust the Sit-up Network and their shopping channels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you trust the Sit-up Network shopping channels?

• YES! Implcitily!

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • NO. They're dodgy

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • NO! Very untrustworthy

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I think we should have a poll to see how many of us think Bennyxyz should be Peter "Kleenex" Simon's assistant.

Though I'm not sure how good he's look in one of those skimpy dresses...

I think we should have a poll to see how many of us think Bennyxyz should be Peter "Kleenex" Simon's assistant.

Though I'm not sure how good he's look in one of those skimpy dresses...

Is Benny still around? . He seems to have been quiet lately. but I must have missed him

Greg, your poll doesn't cover my opinion of these channels. However, I suppose if it did, Graham or Sazza would remove the thread.
1.gif
xxxxxxxxxx

Just a quick poll!

YES! Implcitily!
Not Sure
NO. They're dodgy
NO! Very untrustworthy
Don't Know

I feel that this is very biased. Having 2 which are very negative,and 1 which is OTT very happy isn't on. You know I like bid tv, but even I wouldn't put 'YES! Implcitily!' I'm sure if there was a "Yes, for the occasional deal" there would be more votes for that.

Okay, maybe we haven't been seeing eye to eye over our posts, but you must understand that you have to have the same amount of good answers as bad answers. Also, what is the difference between 'Not sure' and 'Don't Know' ?

Is Benny still around? . He seems to have been quiet lately. but I must have missed him

Unfortunately, or fortunately (how ever you want to see it!) I am still around! I try and come on here once a day if I can.

- As for the thing about me being on with Peter Simon, even I would agree he is OTT with what he says, but thats Peter for you! :L If he changed and was boring, I don't think We'd watch....it's his style xD

Unfortunately, or fortunately (how ever you want to see it!) I am still around! I try and come on here once a day if I can.

- As for the thing about me being on with Peter Simon, even I would agree he is OTT with what he says, but thats Peter for you! :L If he changed and was boring, I don't think We'd watch....it's his style xD

Wouldn't Peter be more watchable if he stopped talking b******t about most items?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bet Bid TV won't be quoting this particular "customer survey" in their advertising! :mysmilie_454:

Seriously, I think that Bid TV can be trusted. Trusted to generally sell tat that's often thinly disguised as 'quality' products and sold with hyperinflated claims that frequently involve as many lies and deception as they think that they can get away with. Simple!

To be fair to you Benny you are right the categories of Don't Know and Not Sure are the same things and there are two No's to one yes so it is an unfair poll you are quite right.

To be fair to you Benny you are right the categories of Don't Know and Not Sure are the same things and there are two No's to one yes so it is an unfair poll you are quite right.

Thanks for backing me up here, much appreciated. - As I said, I love bid (as you can all probably tell) but even I wouldn't click the "YES! Implcitily!" as even I wouldn't do that far. There wouldn't be many companies which I'd give that answer to.

Let me start a new poll, and see if the answers change. Fair enough if people say they don't like it, but you can't be biased when asking a question. :)

Greg, you disliked my post. Does that mean that you think that your poll was fair? I could be biased and have one sayin

Bid is fantastic!! :D
Bid has good bargains.
I watch it and enjoy it
I don't like bid
I don't know.

I'm sure you'd call that unfair.

BENNY Do your mum and dad know you shop on situps? Don't they encourage you to go into town and look for the same thing without the postage? Perhaps you live miles from a town centre? And if you don't buy from situps, how do you know what wonderful products they sell?

I'd agree with you Ben, if you didn't jump to their defence all the time; even to the extent of stating that Peter Simon's "sales techniques" (for want of a better phrase that would get me banned from here) are simply "part of his charm".

To accuse Greg of not being even-handed in his poll when you cannot seem to accept any criticism of the Sit-up channels is a tad unfair.

Maybe even somewhat hypocritical :thinking:

I'd agree with you Ben, if you didn't jump to their defence all the time; even to the extent of stating that Peter Simon's "sales techniques" (for want of a better phrase that would get me banned from here) are simply "part of his charm".

To accuse Greg of not being even-handed in his poll when you cannot seem to accept any criticism of the Sit-up channels is a tad unfair.

Maybe even somewhat hypocritical :thinking:

I suppose I go from past experience with what I've bought.

I don't just the the deffence of everything, but people seem to moan about the same thing i.e. all items being tacky. They have over 9,000 items. Please somebody list the 10 tackiest items they sell. If people think they are tacky, no body is forcing them to buy.

Also about the Peter Simon thing, I didn't mean it like that. It may have came across like that, but I meant, if he did change to a style, so he was always 100% truthful, don't you think it would feel strange? I agree that he shouldn't be able to say 1/2 the things he says, as it isn't true.

They are far from perfect, but what I want is good value for money - all items I've bought have been. Fast delivery - always 3 or 4 days. Good customer service. - It has been improved by the facebook team.

Last edited:
BENNY Do your mum and dad know you shop on situps? Don't they encourage you to go into town and look for the same thing without the postage? Perhaps you live miles from a town centre? And if you don't buy from situps, how do you know what wonderful products they sell?

I do buy off the sit up channels. I'm not gullible like many of you think, and I do shop around. To be honest, if you got 2mobile phones (worth £60 and £110), a 22" HD TV, underwater camcorder and a few lower valued items in megadrops, I'm sure you would stick up for the company more.

People say "All the good megadrops are fixed" Etc. and that annoys me too, as I've had many good ones, so they can't be fixed.

If I do buy from their channels, I do go on theirebay page first, as they have good deals on there :)

I'm a 24Studio guy too! ;) lol

If, as many people say, all bid sell is tat. I suppose I'll have to just say I like tat!

Please somebody list the 10 tackiest items they sell. If people think they are tacky, no body is forcing them to buy.

Indeed... here's my top ten Bid.tv tacky list :drunk:

1) Worry Angel
2) Anything Elitech branded (steam mops that dribble water all over the place - hand-held vacuum cleaners that have the suction power of a turtle)
3) Seal electrical items
4) 50 feet flat hose which dribbles (they have VT showing that!!)
5) Golddigga boots. Ugh.
6) Gold 'finish' jewellery
7) Christin Lars
8) Tommy & Kate
9) Jump suits that could potentially get you shot if you wore one at a zoo
10) Allfine netbooks which have less computing power than a ZX Spectrum
11) James Russell

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back