Really disappointed with QVC's Christmas Offerings....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
Anyone else?

I admit I'm horribly organised for Christmas and its been the way I've done it for years.And I'll admit,as much as I moan about QVC - I have in the past absolutely kicked myself about the sets,TSV's etc that have come along.

I can remember back to lovely diamonique TSV's - even sets of Diamonique - really nice toiletries,christmas decorations etc...OK so you you couldn't cover the men or kids in your life but I've kicked myself in the past when I've seen suitable stuff for MIL,SIL,Aunt,Nana,colleagues etc..

BUt this year? Looking at the TV guide in the run up to christmas....................really boring TSV's? I cannot understand it.OK,so I realise it may be boring to me.................for some it may be heaven - but other than Laura Geller (which is for me,not a present) and maybe the sterling silver TSV (whats that gonna be?!) theres literally nothing appealing to me - although I understand Lola R and Bare E will be for a lot of people.

Theres been not much "new" in the way of christmas decorations - don't you just love how they keep wheeling out the 3 "boing boing" characters,the glass keyrings,the christmas bag sets.....................surprised the magic wallet hasn't made an appearance yet:sad:

After yesterdays disastrous OPI TSV all I can think of,is that QVC don't care about their long standing customers.Maybe its all about the new customers that haven't seen all this before?

Like you, I am a long standing customer, and I am also totally underwhelmed this year. Lola Rose will be good, but only for ME, not for presents. I can't afford to spend that much on my child's teacher.......! ;-)

I am starting to wonder how they stay in business, I used to always buy the Molton Brown TSV as it was great value, and I also used to get a bit of jewellery for female relatives but have not got any Christmas stuff from them for years. The p and p is a huge factor in this and when it is combined with them trotting out the same old stuff plus "revamping" what they already have in stock with a Christmas theme ("Richard Jackson's Christmas Garden gifts" being a prime example) I can't see anything that appeals to me or mine.

I got organised early this year due to money being tight and I needed to really budget so it was (whisper it low!) the dreaded high street and Amazon for me. Have done it all, hooray and now have to focus on food and drink. And they definetly won't be coming from Q

It's all very disappointing - again! With people now seriously cutting back I guess they don't want to be lumbered with a load stuff they can't shift after Christmas. Seems to me the majority of what's on offer this year is mostly last years dregs!

On the news this morning The High Street was blaming the mild weather for no one buying winter coats etc. I would suggest that maybe a lot of people will be making do with last years!

As another long standing customer (well, mostly sitting) QVC has become dull and samey. There is very little to want from them. For example, during a recent beauty gift ideas shows, there were 4 items in the whole show, all of which had been on many times before. And then when they do finally muster up something interesting, it's far too expensive. At least from QVC, most things you can find elsewhere for much less. I don't know how they get away with charging such exorbitant prices and that's not even thinking of the P&P. Gatineau has had nothing new for ages now and there are no decent offers on anything. And what's happened to Decleor? It seems to be heading into obscurity and I can't get hold of the product I want for love nor money. The products I like are too expensive from QVC so it looks as though I might have to try something else. Maybe on the dreaded high street. As for the TSV's, I agree, they are so boring.

The only exception is if you want a slightly old fashioned style dress from the USA. They've got masses of those!

I am not so concerned about just the Xmas stuff, but Q stuff in general. When I started watching about 10 years ago there were a wide variety of interesting items for me (male) that I'd never seen elsewhere eg tools, gadgets, electronics, even kitchen stuff.

These days it is "same old, same old" stuff like yet another new camera/laptop/add your own! In fact, I hardly ever watch it these days, just check the website to see if there is anything novel, which is virtually never.

Completely agree. I remember the beauty shows when they used to have fab beauty sets. I got a lovely penhalligan case with candle etc inside. Now it's just the same old things and lots of the sets I could get in say John Lewis eg elemis

I think, in all honesty, many of us on here are just immune to Q now - we've seen/heard it all before, and a lot of us shop around or shop elsewhere to get better deals on the products we like from there simply because we've become deaf to the sales patter. I watch now more for entertainment (and I'm not ashamed to admit) company when I'm alone and down (99% of the time these days). The Christmas offerings so far haven't been up to much and not inspiring at all, however, particularly when you think about the Molton Brown days...

on a positive note the lack of great bargains is forcing me to use up some of my qvc l'occitane stash as pressies. not tempted by anything tbh!!!

I have to agree I have been looking at many other sites for presents (shops in Jersey are lacking and pricey), I used to get about 70% of pressies from QVC but have bought none this year, I used to always buy one Christmas decoration too..but the only one I liked was very expensive. I did buy the L'Occitane TSV (amazingly reappeared today) but that was for me! I've cut down on pressies this year anyway and made my own felt ornaments.

I am starting to wonder how they stay in business, I used to always buy the Molton Brown TSV as it was great value, and I also used to get a bit of jewellery for female relatives but have not got any Christmas stuff from them for years. The p and p is a huge factor in this and when it is combined with them trotting out the same old stuff plus "revamping" what they already have in stock with a Christmas theme ("Richard Jackson's Christmas Garden gifts" being a prime example) I can't see anything that appeals to me or mine.

I got organised early this year due to money being tight and I needed to really budget so it was (whisper it low!) the dreaded high street and Amazon for me. Have done it all, hooray and now have to focus on food and drink. And they definetly won't be coming from Q

What? Christmas Dinner won't be King's Realm? :mysmilie_46:

I think, in all honesty, many of us on here are just immune to Q now - we've seen/heard it all before, and a lot of us shop around or shop elsewhere to get better deals on the products we like from there simply because we've become deaf to the sales patter. I watch now more for entertainment (and I'm not ashamed to admit) company when I'm alone and down (99% of the time these days). The Christmas offerings so far haven't been up to much and not inspiring at all, however, particularly when you think about the Molton Brown days...

here ya go barbed - have a ((((((((((hug))))))))))

Well I've bought two kipling bags from hubby to me for christmas,but other than that and Laura Geller thats it for me now from QVC!

Yeah, well you see they ordered a job lot from Del Boy & they've got to shift them

Well I've bought two kipling bags from hubby to me for christmas,
Funnily enough I've done the same- just one though.
Last year I got a lot from QVC for xmas, this year, just that bag. No Elemis, no SBC, all previous brands I used to buy at xmas.

Latest posts

Back