Phillips Air Fryer-Lowest price ever,but still a lot cheaper at Argos

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H

Horatio

Guest Shopper
Well me and Mrs H are watching tonight's pick of the day with Howard the Pr**k of the day and Mrs H has decided that she wants one after it was recommended to her by one of her friends who swears by it......literally.
Now Ideal World are selling this at their lowest price "EVER" which costs £127.99 + £5.99 P+P to make a grand total of £133.98,but Argos are selling this at a far lower price of £99.99 + £5.95 P+P which makes a grand total of £105.94 which is a saving of £28.04 on Ideal Worlds Pick of The Day effort.
On one hand Ideal World are including an extra recipe book which is full of glossy pictures of foreign food which you cook once then throw up and never cook again,but are only selling the white version whereas on the other hand Argos are selling the black which is both visually and practically far superior.
I don't see Howard the Welsh Rarebit making price comparisons on this one when not only Argos but numerous other outlets are selling it at a considerably lower price.
I will nip down to our local Argos tomorrow and pick one up for £99.99 and I don't even have to pay any postage.
Happy Days!

To be fair to idealworld, Argos' price is usually £199.99. Argos do VERY good deals at Christmas time, and Argos' price will be going up on 6th December. On IW one, you get cake tins too :)

I was looking at this on Amazon. I can't remember how much it was but it was free delivery and Phillips had a promotion to try it for 60 days and get your money back if you weren't happy

To be fair to idealworld, Argos' price is usually £199.99. Argos do VERY good deals at Christmas time, and Argos' price will be going up on 6th December. On IW one, you get cake tins too :)
Well you get one cake tin which you could still by separatley and the Argos option would still be cheaper than Ideal Worlds effort.
We watched the second showing of the Airfryer last night with that idiot Howard and there was hardly any demonstrations of the product just him constantly giving updates on stock left which is so false.And even the co presenter Sarah whose name Howard got wrong was getting miffed with his performance and even asked him could she speak about the product,just where do Ideal World get these fools from?
I reserved my Airfryer last night with Argos and they sent me a text this morning saying that I can pick it up today at a price of £99.99 which is a saving of £33.99 over Ideal Worlds Pick of the Day effort.
I aint fussy about the extas Ideal World are giving with their fryer,the cake tin you can pick up in any pound shop for a pound and the extra recipe by Paul Brodel does not inspire either myself or Mrs H as we are traditionally English when it comes to eating food.
It will be interesting to see if this product sells out before 10.00 am tomorrow as Howard who can predict the future states it will sell out before this time.
Happy Airfrying peeps...........!

Well you get one cake tin which you could still by separatley and the Argos option would still be cheaper than Ideal Worlds effort.
We watched the second showing of the Airfryer last night with that idiot Howard and there was hardly any demonstrations of the product just him constantly giving updates on stock left which is so false.And even the co presenter Sarah whose name Howard got wrong was getting miffed with his performance and even asked him could she speak about the product,just where do Ideal World get these fools from?
I reserved my Airfryer last night with Argos and they sent me a text this morning saying that I can pick it up today at a price of £99.99 which is a saving of £33.99 over Ideal Worlds Pick of the Day effort.
I aint fussy about the extas Ideal World are giving with their fryer,the cake tin you can pick up in any pound shop for a pound and the extra recipe by Paul Brodel does not inspire either myself or Mrs H as we are traditionally English when it comes to eating food.
It will be interesting to see if this product sells out before 10.00 am tomorrow as Howard who can predict the future states it will sell out before this time.
Happy Airfrying peeps...........!

I think you are missing my point here. Yes, Argos is cheaper. But, its on offer, downfrom £199.99, and it will be £199.99 on 6th December. Not everybody can have the lowest price at the same time. I looked online, and they were on generally for £150-£180. It's upto argos if they have a 50% sale on it, and IW were beating most competitors bar argos.

I think Howards updates are irritating, but they wouldn't be false as you suggest, as that will be very misleading, and could get into a lot of trouble. ALSO it's meant to last until 9pm tonight, but it sold out before the end of the 9AM show.

Maybe they'll make one of their magic phone calls and get more stock in

The only thing Howard is good at is eating. He doesn't eat like he's never ate before. The others nearly collapse with fake delight :dull:

I think you are missing my point here. Yes, Argos is cheaper. But, its on offer, downfrom £199.99, and it will be £199.99 on 6th December. Not everybody can have the lowest price at the same time. I looked online, and they were on generally for £150-£180. It's upto argos if they have a 50% sale on it, and IW were beating most competitors bar argos.

I think Howards updates are irritating, but they wouldn't be false as you suggest, as that will be very misleading, and could get into a lot of trouble. ALSO it's meant to last until 9pm tonight, but it sold out before the end of the 9AM show.

Well Argos's offer is only on till the 6/12/11 when the price changes from £99.99 to £144.99 which is still cheaper than Ideal Worlds normal price..........:clapping:
And furthermore it hasn't sold out as you have stated, as it was previewed on the 10.00 slot which should have been a full hour dedicated to the Airfryer but was changed for some strange reason to show the new Halogen :thinking:
I think the reason that Ideal World have decided not to give this a full hour presentation at 10.00 is because it is not selling due to its price,and they do not want to waste anymore money or valuable air time showing it.
I also noticed that they are now selling the black one instead of the white,so why did they not give the black option when it was first aired as a Pick of The Day?
Maybe they read my first post peeps..........:cheeky:
As for Howard if you think that his stock updates are true,then you really are gullible,and furthermore the majority of statements that IW presenters make are misleading and I cannot believe that you think that this is not the case..........:mysmilie_466:

I've heard them say that this is £205 on Phillips own website but I've just looked and it's £130 :mysmilie_506:

Also you can get Hot Air Frying by Paul Brodel and Dee Hunwicks book from Amazon for £5.99

Last edited:
I've heard them say that this is £205 on Phillips own website but I've just looked and it's £130 :mysmilie_506:

Also you can get Hot Air Frying by Paul Brodel and Dee Hunwicks book from Amazon for £5.99

What does he do: get Ellis to talk to the food? :thinking:

And Ben - I KNOW you want to be on shopping telly, but does jumping to the defence of every shopping channel that receives any sort of criticism have to be part of your job hunting strategy?

Well Argos's offer is only on till the 6/12/11 when the price changes from £99.99 to £144.99 which is still cheaper than Ideal Worlds normal price..........:clapping:
And furthermore it hasn't sold out as you have stated, as it was previewed on the 10.00 slot which should have been a full hour dedicated to the Airfryer but was changed for some strange reason to show the new Halogen :thinking:
I think the reason that Ideal World have decided not to give this a full hour presentation at 10.00 is because it is not selling due to its price,and they do not want to waste anymore money or valuable air time showing it.
I also noticed that they are now selling the black one instead of the white,so why did they not give the black option when it was first aired as a Pick of The Day?
Maybe they read my first post peeps..........:cheeky:
As for Howard if you think that his stock updates are true,then you really are gullible,and furthermore the majority of statements that IW presenters make are misleading and I cannot believe that you think that this is not the case..........:mysmilie_466:

I was watching when they sold out at 9am! It said in red 'sold out', and if it's not, they can't put that. It may have been shown at 10am as a few may have been left over i.e. if any credit cards didn't go through, or change of mind at last minute.

They may have brought the black, as that WASN'T the pick of the day, but was 'while stocks last'

I'm not gullible, but I know the stock updates are true. Why would he need to say it if its false? No other presenters do. Tell the ASA if you wish.

I went there for work experience, and what it is, the producer will bombard them with stock updates. Most presenters keep them to themselves, and only say main ones. It's just that Howard likes to say them all.

What does he do: get Ellis to talk to the food? :thinking:

And Ben - I KNOW you want to be on shopping telly, but does jumping to the defence of every shopping channel that receives any sort of criticism have to be part of your job hunting strategy?

No, and I don't jump to their defence all the time. No shopping channel is perfect (and far from it), but some people think they are only there to sell you crap and are always over priced and unreliable. I know these aren't always true.

For instance, there was one person who started a thread who said that they think one shopping channel is awful, just want your money, and take ages to deliver. My experience is, that channel has NEVER taken more than 4 days to deliver, and the items I got were great. I also found out he had never bought from the channel before! What I don't like is, when people say they hate a channel, and others just agree as they've heared a bad comment.
For insteance, people wont pick a holiday, just because it has a few bad reviews, as it makes them think it'll be bad. I don't feel that people can make comments like this when they haven't tried before. THIS is why there are a couple of people who moan, and I WILL decide to argue against them, as they have never bought before.

Well Ideal World are selling the large Thunderbird helicopter for nearly £90, on RC Toys Direct it is £60....with free delivery! I suppose if you need flexi-pay that would help, but that's an extreme difference for a large retail outlet who can buy in bulk vs small shop!

I think Ideal World will say it's their best price but I think we all know to shop around especially at this time of year.

Sorry to intrude on your arguments but is this product actually any good?? Any personal recommendations or criticisms to share?? I'm asking cos I have put one on reserve at *whispers* A r g o s :wink:

Last edited:
Sorry to intrude on your arguments but is this product actually any good?? Any personal recommendations or criticisms to share?? I'm asking cos I have put one on reserve at *whispers* A r g o s :wink:

I picked up mine this afternoon from Argos after reserving it too Pinkpussycat or can I just call you "Pussy".......:tongue:
I brought it home and Mrs H was over the moon after we cooked homemade chips and sirloin steak which was out of this world.
Some reviews that I have seen on the web say that home made chips do not cook evenly in the Airfryer but I disagree with that and it is obvious that they have not followed the instructions fully when preparing them.
It takes just three minutes to pre heat your Airfryer and in total it took 23 minutes to cook home made crispy evenly cooked chips with a juicy medium cooked sirloin steak and they were both cooked at the same time together using the divider......mmmmmmm lovely :tongue:
The aifryer can also be used to defrost and is great for cooking the vast majority of food that you would cook in your oven or grill which includes "SAUSAGES".
It is very quiet on operation and does not leave any bad aroma in your home and does not have a large footprint.
It was either the Philips Airfryer or the Tefal Actifry that the good wife wanted, and due to the fact that you can only cook one type of food at any one time with the Actifry and also the problems it has with broken paddles and lid hinges and has a bigger footprint we are certain that we made the right decision.
One of Mrs Horatio's friends has a Airfryer so I was aware of the product before we purchased it and with it being at a great price of £99.99 at Argos I would definitely recommend it..........:clapping:

Happy Aifrying peeps......:happy:

Horatio you may call me Pink Pussy if you wish...:wink:

Thanks for the great review, it sounds fab. I never usually fry anything cos I hate the smell of oil and won't tolerate fat spitting on my hob so I'm really looking forward to some proper chips now. I have already ordered mine (black) online and it's being delivered on Tuesday, just got to find room in the kitchen for it now!! :grin:

Latest posts

Back