Doesn't he talk a load of ****

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Peter Simon that is, if you hadn't guessed.

Why does the channel let him witter on in the manner that he does?, spouting such a lot of utter shite. Here he is flogging a Chinese made to sound Swiss watch and telling us that if we buy it we'll be joining an elite group of men who seek perfection yada yada.... I thought his mock sincerity with the Diana stuff was bad enough, but the amount of crap he has just spouted is unbelievable. They gave him about 10 minutes of talking time before the auction started where he rattled on like a psuedo history teacher, you'd think he was selling the bleedin' Magna Carta...not a shonky watch! ..and as for that ditzy stooge they've got with him gurning like a ninny and making stupid noises...unbelievable....get the pair of them off the air..pleeese!! I used to enjoy bid, but with them it's unwatchable..turning over Now!

That assistant who's currently on with him - don't know her name - keeps getting hysterical to the point of hyperventilation, forcing me to hit the Mute button. (Dont like that X Crap and there's nothing much to watch elsewhere.) This happened at least when the price dropped supposedly out of their control and they could "do nothing about it" (that could have been lie of the week but for all the others that are told on a regular basis) for a "24ct Gold Finish" men's bracelet.

Bad TV does still have some entertainment value but there are limits...

On now: Gold finish braclet for the men "...if you get this for your husband for Christmas, he wont have a clue you only paid £30, he will be over the moon"

Yeah, he might be, until he takes a shower later, and it turns green! ;)

I'm watching Bid with the sound down and it's even funnier. Peter Simon looks down with his hand over his face and the assistant sits there open mouthed, gawping - it must be another price fix :smile:

That assistant who's currently on with him - don't know her name - keeps getting hysterical to the point of hyperventilation, forcing me to hit the Mute button. (Dont like that X Crap and there's nothing much to watch elsewhere.) This happened at least when the price dropped supposedly out of their control and they could "do nothing about it" (that could have been lie of the week but for all the others that are told on a regular basis) for a "24ct Gold Finish" men's bracelet.

Helen Bates is her name... can only take 30 seconds of her until she makes me want to scream :whew: She is lovely but ****** hell fire, get off the telly :bear:

I can't stand them tonight :sad: Difficult to watch.

Helen Bates is her name... can only take 30 seconds of her until she makes me want to scream :whew: She is lovely but ****** hell fire, get off the telly :bear:

I can't stand them tonight :sad: Difficult to watch.

In the looks department maybe...but she is acting like a cretin, there's one thing being naturally dizzy, it can be quite endearing, but this idiot is acting...and it's coming across as ridiculous and annoying...and put alongside Peter Simon's pompous bullcrap it's unbearable to watch. Note to powers that be @ Sit Ups....I'm not asking you to fire them ..just tell PS to rein it in a bit, (a lot) and put her behind the scenes until she can conduct herself like a normal human being!

I agree! She is nice looking and I do like her personality - but she just over does it and comes across as fake :sad:

Oh well, Paul Becque is on now, I can watch now unless he starts shouting...

Hahaha!!

We are all moaning like hell about Peter Simon and the Screaming Banshee, yet we are all still watching this crap!

It's like Car Crash You Tube videos, isn't it? You click on one car crash video then click on the next hoping that the next car crash is worse than the previous one... :tongue:

As I was reading this thread, how did I know that you were talking about the dreadful Helen?

Without a doubt the most irritating, annoying, faux, over-acting person that I have ever had the misfortune of seeing on these channels. Can the producers not encourage her to reign it in a bit or quit all the OTT nonsense that she comes out with? or do they encourage it? It is saying something when I am wishing that Marina was on instead of her.

Hello, I only signed up to this forum when I saw this thread! I have to agree, I too can't watch on a Sunday night when that Helen is on assisting Peter. It is cringeworthy and her overacting is just ridiculous. My husband and I watch bid a few nights a week (usually when peter simon is on with marina berry as we just love their double act) and used to watch on a sunday too. Until the assistant changed and now its just too difficult to watch it. Its like she is trying to copy marina's endearing (natural) dizziness but this Helen just acts the whole time. Shame as we both love Peter! I remember him on Double Dare years ago and he hasnt changed one bit!

I suppose it isn't the best time to post this then! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJRpX3l4hQI

The most over dramatic performance ever. It has to be up there in the top 5 worse acting skills ever!

Watch it from 1:30 - 2:15. I am laughing too much at her acting 'skills'

lmao! I watched that when it was on live.... was in tears with the part you mentioned from 1:30 - 2:15. :giggle:

lmao! I watched that when it was on live.... was in tears with the part you mentioned from 1:30 - 2:15. :giggle:

I'm sure the producers Etc. tell the assistants to be a bit over dramatic, but that is taking it a bit too far! lmao

I hate it when PS makes the 24ct plated stuff sound like it is that ct gold the whole way through. Sort of says this is slide *mutters* plated *normal volume again* gold.

Are you ready? Ready to run the risk ... Of being reported to ASA (see what I did there *giggle*)

PJ

And his half sentances. Have you heared "This is a better buy..." and doesn't finish the sentance off, so people at home may be thinking "It's a better buy than we got", but he only says that when it is! CRAFTY I say! lol

According to PS the mountain erupted due to two 'planes' crashed. Doesn't he mean plates? Or was it Pan-Am and easyJet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The silly old queen is waxing lyrical over some watch, the make of which I've never heard of - 'sensational', 'extraordinary', 'exquisite', 'delicious', 'perfection,' were just some of the superlatives she used, and of course the usual comparisons to rolex, omega etc. Didn't even say what it was made of - I assume not even 'gold finish'!

I'm watching Bid with the sound down and it's even funnier. Peter Simon looks down with his hand over his face and the assistant sits there open mouthed, gawping - it must be another price fix :smile:
Sadly I think that part happened shortly after the clip finishes, but 6 minutes and 37 seconds is surely enough for any sane person to watch. Bid TV ought to be reported to Amnesty International for torturing their viewers if nothing else :tongue2:

Latest posts

Back