Two Daughters - Any Q Beauty Suggestions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

minim

Registered Shopper
I'm having a tough time getting some "Surprise!" Christmas gifts for my two lovelies this year.
They've given me their Santa letters & I have obeyed, but I'm a bit stuck now.

The eldest is 26, hi-lighted mousey hair (from me :( - sorry), creamy combination skin
So far, I've bought her
* Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact - Rose
* Judith Williams Luxury Diamond Cleansing Mousse with Brush
* a set of Bare Escentuals Brushes as she recently bought the foundation

The baby is 20 , hi-lighted fair hair, fair skin which is very sensitive and prone to dryness.
So far, I've bought her
* Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact - Pink Quartz
* ?

I reckon 1 more for Betty Boop the eldest and 2 for Baby Boo.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Aren't you a lovely Mammy! I won't get a thing from mine, never even got a birthday card from her this year.

Are they into nails? Nails Inc do some lovely sets.

:clapping:That's a brilliant suggestion Itchy
Baby Boo cultivates long nails.

The Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliners (2 different colours) so one each, then Baby gets the brush as Betty already has some, but she could have the mini mascara (that I've been using for ages, there is tons in there!)?

I'm having a tough time getting some "Surprise!" Christmas gifts for my two lovelies this year.
They've given me their Santa letters & I have obeyed, but I'm a bit stuck now.

The eldest is 26, hi-lighted mousey hair (from me :( - sorry), creamy combination skin
So far, I've bought her
* Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact - Rose
* a set of Bare Escentuals Brushes as she recently bought the foundation

The baby is 20 , hi-lighted fair hair, fair skin which is very sensitive and prone to dryness.
So far, I've bought her
* Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact - Pink Quartz
* ?

I reckon 1 more for Betty Boop the eldest and 2 for Baby Boo.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Without wishing to give Baby Boo a hard time with her sensitive skin, I'd best not suggest a raft of skin creams or make up! (but would really recommend Liz Earle as I have bouts of excema which gets dry and sensitive and it's the only cream I can use when it flares up) How about something for the hair instead? QVC seem to have a fair amount of hairstyling tools or products on the go and Ojon is coming up as a TSV next week. I was eyeing up the Babylis Big Hair styler so that may be on my xmas wish list before long.

The eldest - Leighton Denny or a Philosophy shower/perfume set?
Also wish I had a mummy like you!

Well Baby Boo is in the US so anything electrical is no good for her ATM.
Betty Boop would love the Babylis Big Hair styler I'm sure.
A definite maybe, thank you!

You are a lovely mum ! Lucky girls. I have teenage nieces but would not dare get beauty gifts for them, it's Topshop gift cards all the way!

The TSV on Friday 2nd December is going to be Beauty Tool Gifts.
Don't know whether to hang on & wait for this.
It will probably another foot scouring tool :tongue: Not what I had in mind lol.

What about some BE? there are some lovely gloss sets which you could split between them or my favourite, a duo of Dolly Buxom glosses?

I wish my mum could pick some beauty goodies for me - what a nice mum you are!

OMG! You just reminded me NIKKID!

I forgot - I bought them the Bare Escentuals 5 Piece Strike it Rich Primer Shadow Collection (Item Number 200442) the other night!
Five in the pack, two each for them & I thought & I'd get the 5th.
It obviously hasn't arrived yet so that's why I forgot
Lol I'm more addled than I thought.

I think nail colour or goodies is a great idea and I love my Big Styler. Takes a couple of goes to get used to it but once you are it's bliddy marvellous.

I bought my son Philosophy shower gels as he loves the spicy chocolatey ones.

Although I wouldn't buy from QVC what about a perfume for each? Jo
Malone do 30ml sizes. And they have something for pretty much everyone. My current fave is English Pear and Freesia. I also love Red Roses but they do lovely citrus/green "flavours" too and more spicy ones. I'll volunteer to do the research for you :eek:)

What a lovely MinimMum you are.

My daughter is 20 and she loves having all her favourite nail products done up in a small box. (Hand Scrub,Nail Serum,Liz Earle Hand Cream, Buffers, Opi Nail Envy, Gloves etc.) Makes a lovely gift.

Babylis Big Hair on offer in some Asda stores for£17,if you are near Asda living in Newport,I got one from there.
My 2 daughters love soap and glory from boots.I believe they are reducing their £60 set to less than half price,possibly 16th December for a week,can't see it lasting that long.
Also bought some Cath Kidson on Asos,reduced and no postage,smellies and some pretty purses.

....Are they into nails? Nails Inc do some lovely sets.

Had a look Itchy.
The collection I know she'd love - 'Graceful', which she is by the way - is waitlist only.
The Winter Collection is nice. I'll sleep on it I think.