O.K! Now is there anyone we like?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tasi

Registered Shopper
Christmas is coming, season of goodwill etc etc. Is there anyone on situps that we like? Presenter... assistant... sweeperuper? I like Peter Sherlock and also Lisa Celiste (is that how you spell it?... the one who is always on about her Willy... it didn't sound as dirty as that when I wrote it)

Exactly what I was going to say Peter Sherlock and Lisa Celisse...keep up the good work guys. Entertaining not annoying!

This might be very controversial with some people on this forum, but I'm going to mention...Mark Ryes, simply because he doesn't seem to lie as much as some of the other presenters I've seen and he frequently attempts to be as honest as possible within the confines of product selling, at least when I've been watching him. And I bet that Peter Sherlock only retains his job because of his product knowledge, because genuinely nice people at these channels are far too frequently sidelined or sacked presumably for not selling enough products.

(Bear in mind that Andy Hodgson also has a rumoured reputation for being 'difficult' off-screen as well.)

This might be very controversial with some people on this forum, but I'm going to mention...Mark Ryes, simply because he doesn't seem to lie as much as some of the other presenters I've seen and he frequently attempts to be as honest as possible within the confines of product selling, at least when I've been watching him. And I bet that Peter Sherlock only retains his job because of his product knowledge, because genuinely nice people at these channels are far too frequently sidelined or sacked presumably for not selling enough products.

(Bear in mind that Andy Hodgson also has a rumoured reputation for being 'difficult' off-screen as well.)

As Andy is/was the boss and hirer and firer of presenters he would surely get that sort of reputation most bosses do I'm sure.

I refer you to the Mark Ryes twitter thread and what an awful little **** he is.

There are many I like (shock horror!!)

Paul Becque - Not just his presenting style, but also as he spends SO MUCH of his own time answering questions on facebook and everything. You wouldn't realise how much he does until you look.

Charlie MacArdle - Very truthful, and will be ashame to see him go.

Lisa Brash. - Like marmite, fortunately I think she is great. - She is one who wont talk loads about the product, and just taks about her life! :L

Peter Sherlock - Very down to earth, and always happy.

Lisa Celisse. - I think everybody likes her, as well as Peter Sherlock.

Chris Rhoades. - I think he is great, and I don't know why they keep him on speed auction.

Andy Hodgson. - He has a different presenting style while I like, and I think comes across well.

Mike Smith. - Just makes me laugh with his 'weirdness'!

Cris St Vallery. - He is rarely on, but when he is, I have to watch. - He was the first presenter I ever saw.

Elissa Portelli. -Good presenting style.

Adam Heppenstall. - When I first saw himall those years ago, I hated him, now I think he is great!

Andy Oliver. -Not one of my favourites, but more than happy to watch.

Far Mani. - Not one of my favourites, but more than happy to watch.

There are some on the list which I like more than others, but this is a list of the ones who I can watch and not think "I can't watch them!" :

I like Charlotte Mounter, although I haven't seen her for a while.
She comes across as a quite genuine person and she NEVER screams and squeals...Not on TV anyway lol

Peter Sherlock is all right. He used to be much more cheerful though...He sounds a bit 'down' nowadays. Nice guy nevertheless:)

I like Charlotte Mounter, although I haven't seen her for a while.
She comes across as a quite genuine person and she NEVER screams and squeals...Not on TV anyway lol

Peter Sherlock is all right. He used to be much more cheerful though...He sounds a bit 'down' nowadays. Nice guy nevertheless:)

I saw Charlotte on price drop the other day. :) I used to not like her, but, I can deal with her now. - I think with some presenters, it's best only to watch every so often.

"Charlie MacArdle - Very truthful, and will be ashame to see him go."

Is he leaving if he is Bid are losing a top class presenter

Just looked at his twitter he is going back to live in Jersey what a shame such a nice man will miss his bid tv shows

Ever since his house was affected by the riots and someone stole the tiles off his house roof he hasn't seem settled looking at his twitter he obviously wants to get out of London and go back to where he came from.

Last edited:
As Andy is/was the boss and hirer and firer of presenters he would surely get that sort of reputation most bosses do I'm sure.

I refer you to the Mark Ryes twitter thread and what an awful little **** he is.

OK, so that's a 'No' then :smile:

Saw Adam Heppenstall this evening and he stood out as being a pretty decent presenter...though knowing my luck all of you will now tell me that he eats small children for breakfast I expect :smile:

I like...
Charlotte Mounter
Marie Greenwood (think she has left now)
Steve McDonald can be funny at time

Am I the only one who think Paul Becque lies more than other presenters, with the fake I can't believe that is the price, are you serious etc?

I am so sorry to hear Charlie maybe leaving. One of my favourites. It diesn't take long to fly from Jersey to London, a shorter journey than many land commutes, however the cost would be quite a bit and unless he can flat share in London for his stint I doubt it would be a solution. BTW if my spelling is a bit sussy it is because our dog has eaten my reading glasses and the spare pair, wouldn't you know, is in North Wales. Soon as Sainsbury's opens I'm off to buy a pair of those DIY ones

I like Mike Smith as he makes me laugh and I honestly think that he doesn't really care how much of the stuff he sells!! His Fragrance show on Speed Auction on a Wednesday evening is always worth a look just for the entertainment value if nothing else.

Also love Peter Sherlock although I do agree that he's not quite so chipper these days. I do hope he's OK.

I like:

Peter Sherlock (he's lovely!)
Paul Becques (shouty but addictive)
Peter Simon
Steve McDonald
Marina Berry
Charlie McArdle

Am I the only one who think Paul Becque lies more than other presenters, with the fake I can't believe that is the price, are you serious etc?
I'm not a fan of Paul Becque but the biggest liar I've seen is Steve McDonald on Price-drop, closely followed by James Russell and James Gardner (Price-drop presenter who has a Scottish accent. What is it about lying and presenters called James?); Paul Becque probably ranks just behind these three in the deception stakes.

Recently I've seen a presenter - forgotten who it was - claim that an item was at the lowest ever price they've sold it for, only to then say that the producer has just reminded them that they had sold the same item for the same price in the past. Presumably this was another deception in an attempt to 'reassure' viewers that they don't lie about prices when they have quite plainly done so on a regular basis?

I'm not a fan of Paul Becque but the biggest liar I've seen is Steve McDonald on Price-drop, closely followed by James Russell and James Gardner (Price-drop presenter who has a Scottish accent. What is it about lying and presenters called James?); Paul Becque probably ranks just behind these three in the deception stakes.

I agree with Steve MacDonald. I used to like him a lot, but with the things he says, it really does annoy me.

"I'm guarenteeing this for under £20. I'm not like all the other presenters who say that and then sell it for £19.99. It can be anything from £19.99 all the way down to £1..."

If you watch his shift, I can GUARENTEE he will say this atleast twice. I heared him say it over 10 times in an hour when he was going £20 or less.

I think it's quite bad of his saying "I'm not like the other presenters..." When they are obviously his mates.

SOme of the stories he comes up with make me think are aload of rubbish, but I can't comment on them as I don't know. He deos still make me laugh, and I will watch if nothing else on, but his "I'm not like the other..." Annoys me.

I agree about steve. I dont like the way he does that either Ben. not very nice to put down the other presenters and make out he's doing us a better deal than everyone else especially as hes probaly friends with them as you say! my favourites on bid up are peter simon, paul beck and marina berry. they are the most entertaining and i watch for longer when they are on. i used to like watching paul evers but i watch bid up mostly these days and when i do ever switch price drop on i dont see him. is he still on there?

I really like Cindy Humphrey - just a pity they keep her for the early shifts on Speed. Alex Kramer and Elisa are really good too. As for the male presenters, probably like Adam the best. Used to enjoy it when they put two presenters on together.

Latest posts

Back