Liar. Liar Knickers Ablaze!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

silversequin

Registered Shopper
Just been watching A Y and Judith Williams. While giving the spiel for a face cream that does some sort of thing to the collagen in the skin (as if!) A Y started to give voice to her views on Botox and stated that she could always tell when "newsreaders" and "soap stars" had been surgically assisted and how in her view it was no good and that a "face should be a face" and that lines and movement were good things.
So how can she them sit with her mate Lu and spout praise for Lu's potions and the "wonders" they have achieved when it is blatently obvious that her B F is stuffed to the gills with fillers? Sales of course is the answer, but her crediblity is the casualty.

Last edited:
Whatever gets the viewer spending at that moment. Everything is marvellous until it's the next item. :sleepy: Stick with what you know and know shop tel presenters would sell their granny for a fast buck.

Can't remember who was hosting when Emma Hardie announced that you didn't need a toner - they were an absolute waste of time and money (which I agree with!) but the look on their face was a picture!!! It may have been Ms Franks actually, as she had spent so long blowing smoke up her ar$e about how refreshingly honest she was, until she said something that may affect sales....it was priceless how the presenter just jumped in and spoke over her, hehe!

I use toner and feel it necessary but not an astringent, has hylauronic acid become the new astringent or is that a pore minimiser. Oh Lordy, the world of skin care :angry:

You know what, I don't bother with any of it any more. I've done the lot, Elemis, Decleor and used Liz Earle for a good few years, but I've renounced it all and now use Dove beauty bar to wash my face and follow it with an Aldi moisturiser. Hand on heart I can honestly say I can't see any difference whatsoever with my skin. I do like L'Occy hand cream but don't think it's so nice that I can justify the price any more so I don't buy it.

You know what, I don't bother with any of it any more. I've done the lot, Elemis, Decleor and used Liz Earle for a good few years, but I've renounced it all and now use Dove beauty bar to wash my face and follow it with an Aldi moisturiser. Hand on heart I can honestly say I can't see any difference whatsoever with my skin. I do like L'Occy hand cream but don't think it's so nice that I can justify the price any more so I don't buy it.

I'm another one who has done the expensive brands and not seen much of a difference - I didn't not enjoy using the products, but I just didn't get any of the wow factor that other people rave about, so like you amn, I cleanse my face with Dove and then use a dab of LE Skin Repair or something. My face is no worse for it - and it's saved me a fortune! Though I do still like trowelling on the make up hahaha!!

Another one here who's given up spending a fortune on skin care. I've got reactive skin and have to be careful with the nasties in some creams, but I've found a goats' milk cleansing bar on the Bay for £4 which is so gentle and lasts forever, much better than C & P and causes no reaction or drying. I've also been using Forever Young Renovage cream also from Ebay for under a fiver which has no silicones or parabens and I can honestly say my skin has never looked better. I love Elemis and enjoy using their products but the results just don't justify the cost I'm afraid.

same here. any good soap actually - i find dove a bit slimy so try to get something 'natural' or good old pears.

Waitrose baby bottom butter makes my skin literally as soft as a baby's whatsit. I do confess though that I still use Judith Williams as my skin looks so good on it.

I agree about AY. I was watching last night & started shouting at the TV what a hypocrite she was to say that because of her best buddy Lulu.

Last edited:
Waitrose baby bottom butter makes my skin literally as soft as a baby's whatsit.

Umm, can I ask whereabouts you use it Lilian please?? :mysmilie_845:

I could do with something for my arms and legs. I've never used butters before and was shocked to see how much they were in Boots yesterday, probably Aldi's may be a good place to go but I can't there at the moment.

I agree you can use cheaper products and get good results,I am sick to death of AY calling something Serious Skincare just to justify the price.I do think Judith Williams looks good and do like her range,however the same can not be said of Fiona from Decleor,she is not a good representative for supposed Anti Ageing creams.there is no cream in the world that is going to stop the ageing process,I just choose creams for texture and moisturisation and do not believe you have to keep layering products as AY keeps telling us,
Lynn

Products regardless of price should suit your skin type as no one cream is going to suit all.

I do dislike the terminology used by AY - advanced skin care user or sophisticated user etc and yesterday topped it all by saying that a product (of Judith Williams) was suitable if you are 'suffering from the ageing process'!!!! Whatever next!

less is more i have read blogs on qvc webite where people are using up to 10 products at a time then wondering why thier skin is full of spots and boils and rashes

I have given up on all the expensive skin care stuff too. Money is tight so no more Elemis for me. I now use Simple cleansing wash and have resurrected some Olay cream I had at the back of my cupboard. I can honestly say that my skin looks just as good if not better than it did when I was buying cleansers/toners/serums and anything else that AY said was good for me.

I think as long as you wear a decent sunscreen when you go out and keep your skin hydrated that's all you need. Wrinkles are a fact of life no matter what skincare you use and anyone who tells you otherwise is telling porkies!!

I went through a period of using Ponds Cold Cream and Aldi moisturisers.....me and my face are still here to tell the tale :) haha! I am back onto Elemis and Emma Hardie, at the moment but only because I like them and I do like to treat myself as I do bu&&er all else!! When I run out of the TSV I will go back onto Aldi for a bit. I am very fickle, hehe!!

If you're not too fussy about which high end brands you use, car boot sales are a great place to pick up skincare for next to nothing. Many people sell off the sample or gift with purchase sizes at car boot sales. I have a few tubes of Clarins's exfoliating cleanser and their Flash balm, little bottles of Lancome Bi Facil makeup remover, and various moisturisers such as Dior creme sorbet, a pile of Dermalogica moisturiser samples and Decleor sample sizes. I've even had La Prairie samples before (their eye gel is phenomenal, just cannot afford the full size!). I recently picked up a full size Burts Bees shampoo for a pound. It retails for a tenner so that was a bargain. My face is still here, I haven't suddenly succumbed to wrinkles, so I wouldn't get sucked in by the sales hype. That said I bought a 4 Elemis TSVs purely to keep the PCMC, which is my favourite. I'm busy selling all the other bits on Ebay to either recoup the nearly all of my original expenditure making the PCMC virtually free. You can get and use good quality skincare on the cheap, its just takes a bit of enterprise!

Latest posts

Back