Website problems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kirkiegirl

Registered Shopper
Have QVC got problems with their website? Since last night I have not been able to link to any page - have tried TV Guide, item numbers, headings, My Account, Items from last 24 hours etc. The only link that works is the one to the Home Page, everything else just seems to go back to the foot of the home page.

It happens to me all the time.
Especially during and after popular shows, often it's impossible to order online.

It's quite annoying but saved me a lot of money lol
Couldn't be bothered to phone and after a while decided that I don't really need those things anyway.

It's been happening to me for over a week now. When I click on an item it takes me back to the home page and takes a number of attempts before I can actually view the item details. Have also had problems accessing my account but that seems to have been resolved.

I tried to place an order last week but it would not add the item to my cart so I gave up.

Same for me and I can't understand it as I can access everything on the site with my Samsung Tablet.

After reading your reply Bettyboo I checked my iPad and discovered it is working normally there. Is there a computer expert reading this that could explain this? Could it be a Windows problem?

I have been having similar problems and posted on here a couple of weeks ago. This is what I was told - but I am very un-techy so bear with me:

If you clear the cookies then it should be ok - I have a mac and could not work out how to do this by the way!

Or you can use another browser for qvc - I now use Firefox as I cannot do anything with the Safari browser on the qvc website.

It is a really pain having to use two different browsers but it is the only way it will work. Obviously they must be having problems

Since the above post - I just checked again and now I cannot do anything even on the firefox browser either!!!!

They must be having problems!

I also posted about the same web problem (I use IE8) a couple of weeks ago Rosie but had to use Opera to be able to navigate Q's site properly which was a real pita. Then about a week ago Q started working on IE again so feck knows what the IT mob at Q are doing!! :wonder:

PPC Thats odd because I just checked on my normal browser - Safari - and it is working fine now, having not been working for a couple of weeks. Still not working on Firefox though.

Think it is a matter of trying every browser till you find one that is working for you!

I've had no problems in Safari with the QVC website. I think you clear cookies by clicking on "Safari" in the tool bar along the top if your screen and select Preferences. It's in one of the options there. BTW you can always type whatever you're trying to do in the help box, which usually brings up the relevant topic. Hope this sorts it out for you.

Rosey, this is how you do it on your Mac. I've just copied and pasted this from Safari Help xxx

Remove cookies from your computer
Websites often store cookies on your hard disk. Cookies help websites identify you when you return so the site can provide services for you and show information that might be of interest to you.

Important: Changing your cookie preferences or removing cookies in Safari may change or remove them in other applications, including Dashboard.
Open Safari if it is not already open.
Open Safari

Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Privacy.
Click Details.
Select one or more website that stores cookies, and then click Remove or Remove All.
When you finish removing websites, click Done.

I have just cleared cookies and all the links work fine now - I use IE8. Anyone got any idea why they would have caused this problem as presumably we all have different cookies. I am glad I asked the forum about it as I had assumed the fault was at their end. Thanks everyone for your help.

Latest posts

Back