The Emu boots saga continues

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
Well, I've had my Emu's now for over a month, having purchased them when they were a TSV. They were very comfy, and roomy width wise to start with and I still love the plushness of the sheepskin inside. However, now they are all baggy and loose my feet look like yeti feet in them when I wear them - huge! I recently bought some Ugg boots in the mini style and have to say the quality seem much better - for starters they are more snug fitting and seem more rigid in design. I'm really not happy with the quality of the Emu's now given the bagging and general looseness, particularly width wise. They are not comfortable to walk any distance as my heels slip up and down all the time in them, whereas my Uggs are very comfortable to walk in and there is no heel slip.

The other thing I have noticed is that the tread on the soles of the Emus (which is the Emu logo duplicated all over the soles and are raised in texture) is peeling off already. I haven't been mountain climbing in them - just normal walking on pavements etc. Surely the tread shouldn't be coming away already? If it all comes away then the boots won't have any tread in snowy or wet weather.

I am now outside the 30 day MBG, have thrown the box away (as I loved them and decided I was going to keep them when they arrived) although I do still have the unopened packet of insoles that came with it. I'd like to return them but am undecided against whether to opt for a refund or replacement. I note the reviews are very mixed and a lot of customers are complaining about the bagging.

Has this happened to anyone else? What do you think is the best thing to do?

I'd phone CS and tell them the tread's coming away and you want your money back, if you're paying that much for them you want them to last more than a month. :nod:

I know what you mean about the rubbing up and down at the back though, I've a pair of bearpaws that do the same and while my tootsies feel toasty in them I can't walk in them as they give me blisters.

I've said it before and I'll say it again

I own 12 pairs of Uggs and did buy a pair of the Emus when they were being offered online at a ridiculous £30 plus !

They are NOT even in the same league as my beloved Uggs there is SIMPLY NO COMPARISON Uggs every time for Jabba!

In response to our question flamenco create merry hell and send them back and take a refund, put the cash towards some Uggs

Get your money back.
No question about it.
You are clearly not happy with them else you would not have posted here.

Get your money back.
No question about it.
You are clearly not happy with them else you would not have posted here.

I agree. If the tread is peeling off,then ,under The Trade Descriptions Act,they are not fit for purpose and you should ask for a refund plus p&p

there are a lot of complains about the last TSV and the quality. People saying they are too big and baggy compared to other Emu boots they have. I have three pair of Emu's not bought from QVC and all on sale. Never had a problem with them.

Yes, I am going to ring CS to ask to return them. I will ask for a refund. My daughter had some Bailey Button Uggs and like my Uggs don't have the problems the Emus have with bagging and tread coming off.

stuff the 30 day mbg. they're not fit for purpose, full stop. i wouldn't even contemplate a replacement that's gonna do the same thing (says the person waiting for the third laptop replacement).

i have been saying this for a while now, the cut and fit of uggs is more tailored and an easier boot to wear. i returned my 2nd pair of emus and bought some uggs and i love them.

coupled with the fact that emu's are cheeky with the pricing. you may as well buy uggs full stop imo!

Last year I loved my Emu's - from the orginals I've had years and years to the hi ones I bought at QVC.This winter I've tried them all on again and HATE them.My Uggs this year seem a better fitter,warmer and just generally nicer to wear.I won't be buying any more Emu's - and will decide nxt winter if they go on Ebay.

I know you size down with Emus but can any of you Ugg wearers tell me what you do about sizing as i may give them a turn next time!

I'm an 8 and wearing an UGG 8 and they are just perfect. My daughter is a 5.5 and wears an UGG 5 and they are perfect on her. I think if you're a half size, go down to the nearest whole size. Whereas with the Emus the 8 fits fine the width gets wider by the day. I am defo going to return the Emus. Will ring CS in the morning and ask them to collect as well as I am not spending £££s to return them. Definitely a refund job. BTW I get daily codes for anything between 10%-15% discount off any UGG purchase on Cloggs.co.uk. I bought my daughter's UGGs from Cloggs and they came really quickly.

I think the fact they have included insoles with them says it all. They know damn well the fit goes loose, hence the insoles. I can't afford Uggs, I have some Ella boots which they are currently selling on Pavers and those are lovely.

if you can buy uggs in the summer on amazon sometimes you can get a deal. also some of the outlet villages bicester do them a litlle cheaper. its funny though that now there is little difference in price between the two brands but a lot in fit.
i wear a size 8 in shoes and ugg come in half sizes so i wear a 7.5 which are a perfect fit.

I really think the problem with Emus is as they have really gotten popular they are upping production and quality has fallen by the way side.
My second pair bought two years ago on Amazon have never gone baggy at the ankle or too big. Or walked over at the heel. Now the Bronte which are the lower priced ones turned into wellies on me, I was walking out of them.

Oh and please if buying Uggs be careful of fakes as the inner lining is not sheepskin but fur from a poor animal which is skinned alive.

Bearpaws look interesting but TKMaxx never have a size 3.

I bought Emus from QVC and the fit was iffy from the word go so I sent them back. I did try on some Uggs on the dreaded high street and liked them but I also really like the Bearpaws in TK Maxx that were nearly a third of the price of the Uggs and fitted just as well. I've worn them loads and they still fit really well. I've only had them for a few months so I've no idea how well they will wear over time but at less than £40 they are a very affordable real sheepskin option.

My bearpaws which I got last weekend were £29.99 from same shop as Tinkerbelle. I also have Uggs which I tend to keep for best.

Latest posts

Back