Jerome Alexander Mineral marble compact

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Hi,

did anyone buy the last Jerome Alexander TSV, l did and the compact with the marble mineral powder in the powder block is breaking up and falling out, now l know why his suit is always covered in powder, however has anyone else had this problem. All l do is lightly swirl brush over it and it breaks into chunks as if too dry and overcooked, if you can understand me. Did l get a rogue one or are they all like this ?
Comments welcome please.

Hi Susie

I have found all the Jerome Alexander Compacts to be like that.

I used to love the Mario DeLuigi Italian Marble compacts, they were great, really solid and lasted for ages. When I ran out I was desperate as IW seemed to have fallen out with Mario as he hadn't been on for ages (he used to me on almost as much as flyflots!). The only place I could find the MDL Italian Marble for sale was in USA, so I bit the bullet and ordered two.

When the compacts arrived, they were both in exactly the same packaging, but one was branded Mario DeLuigi and the other was branded Jerome Alexander! I had never heard of JA before.

It was then about a year later that JA appeared on IW and they had his branded products, strangely all the same as the old MDL products... but something had changed. I ordered some of the Italian Marble compacts (didn't want to be caught short again!) but they arrived they were nothing like the old compacts. The were powdery and flakey, so when you swirled the brush in them they flaked terribly. I would say after about 100 swirls the compact was useless.

I have no idea why the JA versions of the products are so rubbish, but it is apparent that both MDL and JA just endorse a generic brand... they are just the paid frontmen.

I'm not sure of the name. NYC or Miss Sporty or something?
At that price if it falls apart after a while it doesn't really matter,
I've used other face powders from NYC and it was surprisingly good stuff. Nice and smooth and covered well. It was also pale enough for me (I have the complexion of a ghost).

I'm not sure of the name. NYC or Miss Sporty or something?
At that price if it falls apart after a while it doesn't really matter,
I've used other face powders from NYC and it was surprisingly good stuff. Nice and smooth and covered well. It was also pale enough for me (I have the complexion of a ghost).

I am pale, although warm toned, so hopefully ... I have tried the L'oreal version of the powder foundation, but I absolutely HAVE to use a primer under it, it makes my skin really itch without! I shall have a look on the Superdrug website. Thank you!

I found that the JA version was much more crumbly that MDL, but the colour and coverage was as good, however, I'd be interested to know whether other users of JA have found that it "b*ggers up" their make up brushes. I think there must be some kind of oil in the JA, as after a while your brush gets all greased up and unusable, and washing doesn't remove it. Normally with a large brush I just have to shake it out and wipe in on dry tissue, but the JA has ruined 2 of my brushes. This has never happened with any other product I've ever used!

Hi - I bought the Jerome Alexander Marble Mineral Powder when IW had it as BOGOF in July. The first one broke up after only a weeks use, the second one looks to be going the same way - and I've also noticed my brushes are feeling greasy.
I've previously used Mario De Liuigi's stuff and never had a problem. I got a MdL correcting powder from QVC and it says 'made in Italy' on it, the JA stuff has 'made in China'!. I also read an older ad for some powder where they said ' by Jerome Alexander for Mario De Liuigi'. Were these two once in business together / work for the same company and then part ways??? A lot of JA's stuff is very similiar to MdL's but I feel the quality of his stuff (IMHO only) isn't as good as Mario's. The flecks of colour in the marble powder now seem over large and stand proud of the rest of the base after a few uses, as they don't seem to wear down as quickly. I think I'll go back to the MdL self correcting powder as it doesn't break up after a couple of week's use.
Sorry if my first post is a bit of a ramble
RG

Hi Roman girl, l have found that also, now have the coloured bits sticking up higher than the rest of it, that is where chunks have not already fallen out, would not buy Jeromes stuff again.

Mario De Liuigi does have a wbsite @
http://mariodeluigi.com/IT/Res-Login.aspx
You have to run it through a translate engine first. But looking at the products there's no 'marble powder' just the Self Correcting Cover up one. Wonder if Jerome had the patent for the Marble and took it with him, it's certainly not the same product. I won't be buying any more JA stuff either, that powder hasn't been milled as much as it used to be.

It's so annoying! Obviously MDL was not the originator of Italian marble powder, despite him being Italian, but his company did it a lot better, as Italian's do! Don't really want to spend money on the corrective powder, as it's not the same product. A while ago, IW featured a make up artist called Phillipe Chancel, who also claimed to have invented the Italian Marble powder, I bought some, and though it was a smaller compact and worked out quite expensive, it was nice and solid like the MDL. Its a mystery, and also a shame as the only widely available version is the poorest quality.....and messes up your brushes.

Phillipe Chancel still comes to IW I believe as 'Ready To Wear' or maybe they've dumped him or lost him to QVC too.

I do like the way we get the crap from QVC and they get the cream of IW!

Btw Flyflots POTD tonight, well thought we'd lost those to QVC and shamed as I am it will make a nice change from the Spray and shine, Karchers, Multi garden tools, eyesential and sat navs to have them back, but thank God they re-voiced that awful promo "this is lake garda....."

By the way, does anyone remember that Zhen cosmetics which IW pumped as being for everyone, then someone on here found their website which said they are exclusively Asian makeup LOL.

I would never buy makeup from IW as you just can't rely on them keeping the rang for longer than 5 minutes, Cheesecakes advice: never buy anything that needs a refill!! Remember that swiss skincare with the Paula woman Whatters looked like he fancied? and what about Moor Spa, Karin herzog and the one denice swore by? That blue bottle of spray that cured everything and Whatters was always spraying on his tongue hehe?

Hi All,

I've read this thread with interest as i was going too buy one of these compacts months ago, i have always had a problem getting a makeup to match up to my skin colour, its always too dark or too light or makes you look like youve been tangoed, lol, so i steered away from foundation for many years and now as i have got older i feel i need it. I invested in some mineral make up from IW the , 'Purely Mineral' range and i can honestly say hand on heart that it is fantastic stuff, it covers really well, leaves no heavy feeling on your face, it looks like you've no foundation on but seems to manage to give you a kinda, flawless look, its minerals so no probs with nasty chemicals as i have sensitive skin i find makeup itches but this is fine and it doesnt mess up your brushes but i would say to buy a kabuki brush with it as it goes on lovely with that brush and best thing of all? you hardly use anything, used daily, a pot should last you at least 12 mths!!! just thought i would give you girls an honest opinion

angel x

Hmm.. Yes, I had my first Jerome Alexander Marble matrix years ago, loved it so much & missed it when I had finished it..

I was very excited when I saw it re appeared SO ordered two.. big mistake!!! the new version broke up and crumbled, I thought I must have dropped it, so tried the other one :( it did the same thing, it was too late for me to send it back .. very disappointing!

I do now like the Laura Geller make-up both 'Balance-n-Brighten' & 'Bronze-n-Brighten' .. they don't crumble and give a good light coverage and or a tanned look (depending on which one you use) but they came from QVC not sure if available on IW

Hmm.. Yes, I had my first Jerome Alexander Marble matrix years ago, loved it so much & missed it when I had finished it..

I was very excited when I saw it re appeared SO ordered two.. big mistake!!! the new version broke up and crumbled, I thought I must have dropped it, so tried the other one :( it did the same thing, it was too late for me to send it back .. very disappointing!

I do now like the Laura Geller make-up both 'Balance-n-Brighten' & 'Bronze-n-Brighten' .. they don't crumble and give a good light coverage and or a tanned look (depending on which one you use) but they came from QVC not sure if available on IW

Laura Gellar is on QVC and her Balance and Brighten and Blush and Brighten give fantastic coverage.

To be fair to the JA marble powder, I have just sussed that it has nothing to do with clogging up my make up brushes, and now realise that it was the copious amounts of "Waitrose baby bottom butter" I'd been slapping on underneath for the past few months!:eek: incidentally which, I have now stopped using as I haven't found much improvement in my skin, and despite it's low price, it sits heavy on the skin and feels really quite unpleasant. So apart from the texture being a bit too crumbly for my liking, it is a good alternative to MDL!

Latest posts

Back