Oi Paul stop lying!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Your gold plated jewellery is not pure gold so stop calling it that. It is down right lies.

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even worse is when a presenter says something is 'gold' when it could be gold paint for all we know! (The description text just reads 'gold', eg. "gold necklace" not "24ct gold plated necklace".)

What is going on with these channels nowadays?

Yes, I was disgusted by that last night. He is deliberately misleading buyers by saying it is 24carat gold, when it is plainly only 24 carat gold plated.

It is disgusting and brings this shopping channel down to the level of cowboys, in my opinion. :call:

I have seen him do it on more than one occasion so he can't claim a slip of the tongue. I am going to report him to OFFCOM.

PJ

Paul is now the only presenter on Bid I have time for but I do wish he would stop his tendency to act surprised when he's on his own bid tv FB page or the Bid Tv FB page when someone states that wrong infomation has been given out by whatever presenter it is say for instance "That bag was blue , not purple." etc. The standard reply you get from him is "Oh thanks for that Joe Bloggs I'll remember that" or the irritating "I'll let Bob know".

I'm really intrigued about this upheld ASA report on Bid TV that's out on Wednesday that Bennyxp alluded to in another post. Ben please post the details on Wednesday , thanks.

I'm really intrigued about this upheld ASA report on Bid TV that's out on Wednesday that Bennyxp alluded to in another post. Ben please post the details on Wednesday , thanks.

I'll be more than happy to. They did say that the full report will be on the ASA website too.

I reckon the ASA will tell Sit Up to put all their tat in the skip.

I reckon the ASA will tell Sit Up to put all their tat in the skip.
They can't melt it all down because (a) most of it isn't real gold and (b) the resulting toxic fumes from all the junk would be a health hazard :devil:

Sit Up - Creating toxic landfill for future generations...

" The ASA Council has now adjudicated on your complaint and agreed with our recommendation that the ads breached the Code.

The Attatched report will be published on the ASA website, www.asa.org.uk, on Wednesday 7 December and we ask you to treat it as confidential until then. It will be made avaliable to journalists, under embargo, from the Monday before publication. Sit-up will also receive a copy of the adudication today. "

This was the start of the letter I got on 23rd November. I did get one at the start of November saying they agreed it breeched 2 codes, but still had to give it to the head of the ASA to get it agreed.

I would like to tell you what it's about, but as you can see, it is confidential. I will say that it isn't to do with gold plating or anything like that, but it was a breech which the ASA agreed with.

there seem to be many ASA breaches of advertising with Sit-up channels...

I wonder if anything actually comes of ASA judgements? Do the ASA give advice or can they dish out fines for this kind of thing?

The ASA take judgement on things, and if anything is in breech of any codes, it will become publicly avaliable (bad for the company), but I do remember AuctionWorld.tv getting a £480,000 fine off OFCOM for over stating their guide prices, and taking ages to deliver products Etc.

Latest posts

Back