Jilly H on the Lulu Guiness show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Jilly has been coo-ing over various LG items and suggesting them as "stocking fillers".. They are all over £50 plus £4 odd p&p. Some stockings !

Am I just mean or do they live in a different world ?

Linda xx

i wouldn't buy someone that keyring as a gift anyway unless they were a lulu G fan and knew its worth. It would be **** to receive that as a christmas pressie as you'd think it was from a market stall

I see Jilly is on her normal auto-pilot - 'selling very, very quickly indeed' :hi: And those black slacks and pumps - does she ever wear anything else?

OMG! My mouth is wide open at the extortionate prices! £40 for a flippin keyring? £56 for a ****** telephone box phone holder? £250 for a tiny handbag? What planet are these people on? It is expected for the TV shopping channels to be peddling even more crap at this time of the year but these prices are ridiculous! :angry:

Jilly has been coo-ing over various LG items and suggesting them as "stocking fillers".. They are all over £50 plus £4 odd p&p. Some stockings !

Am I just mean or do they live in a different world ?

Linda xx

I am starting to think that this attitude is possibly one reason we are enjoying the current worldwide financial crisis

They all live in la la land IMO & haven't a clue what the run of the mill public can afford these days.

I'm surprised that Jilly didn't recommend us "buying a couple for teachers and lollypop ladies"!

Jilly did say to get the TSV for your gran, sister, mum and friend. Off to go and find a spare £1000 - NOT!

I find Jilly so dull that i dont even listen to what she says!! I can just imagine asking my friends for a LG christmas present - they wouldnt even manage a purse combined!!

Well someone has the cash to splash, the Black TSV has nearly gone!!!! I like some of the LG bags until I look at the prices and although I can spend only if I think someting is worth it.I think they are trading on a name here some people think they are getting something special as it is LG. Another gushing buyer on now who won't buy any other bags!!!
If I was splashing out on a special bag I would be combing the High St. / Internet. before I invested my cash.

I agree - I just said the same about that tiny keyring on the other LG thread. Lulu did keep saying that they came in a lovely gift box - oh yes an expensive box to throw away!!!

Jill also suggested that if you bought the £52+p&p purse you could put something inside - like a gift voucher :cheeky:

I see Jilly is on her normal auto-pilot - 'selling very, very quickly indeed' :hi: And those black slacks and pumps - does she ever wear anything else?

I agree. I think she switches to autopilot and doesn't even think about the rubbish coming out of her mouth.

I'm now convinced that they are all given "sales patter" to come out with during presenters meetings. Remember Ms JF spouting recently how you cant buy a decent pressy for under £45 ?

While on the topic of ridiculous ideas the other Lulu is on now suggesting that we buy a skin care set of around £30 and have it as a "just in case" present for someone who pops round and you have forgotten to get them anything.

"it's the gift of good skin" says Lu in her blended accent of Scotland and L A and has been "holding me together for 15 years"

And those black slacks and pumps - does she ever wear anything else?

I work part-time, two days a week, and I'm sure my colleagues would think I was very weird if I wore the same black trousers every time I came to work.

Perhaps she has lots of identical black trousers?

it's quite alienating to me when I hear them say we could buy things like that as stocking fillers! Makes me feel I don't "belong" to their exclusive special way of life! To me, stocking fillers cost a couple of quid and are things like pens, hair bobbles, socks, etc etc. Not a f**king great expensive item that I wouldn't even be able to afford for a best friend! Think before you open your big gob, Jilly, as most of us live in the real world.

Latest posts

Back