Debbie Flint on the Laura Geller hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
sorry meant to post this earlier when the show was on. DF said that if your shade of Balance and Brighten has sold out then go for the regular as it is very forgiving and will "find the right colour for your skin".

Never heard such rubbish. I tried that shade initially and I had a very defined tide-mark on my jaw line and hairline. I find fair can also sometimes be a bit dark and porcelain is too light - neither of them find my "right shade".

Linda xx

sorry meant to post this earlier when the show was on. DF said that if your shade of Balance and Brighten has sold out then go for the regular as it is very forgiving and will "find the right colour for your skin".

Never heard such rubbish. I tried that shade initially and I had a very defined tide-mark on my jaw line and hairline. I find fair can also sometimes be a bit dark and porcelain is too light - neither of them find my "right shade".

Linda xx

Yep Debbie will say pretty much anything to sell a product - but then again it's what she's good at.

Glad to see you back Linda, did you buy the TSV or had you stocked up on LG in the US? MrM bought this kit for me for Xmas.

Hi Valm,

I was disappointed, could only find LG in one store and they had only one BnB in fair (worked out at £18 equiv, no brush but still good price). I did go overboard on crafts though, Martha Stewart stuff for half or even a third the QVC prices. Couple of real bargains in the Swarovski outlet at Premium too (2 Xmas pressies but I've decided to keep one for myself!).

I've posted my highs and lows over on the "other place".

Linda xx

Yes I agree. The original one was far too dark for me and no it doesn't adjust. DF has got worse in my opinion. She talks to the viewers as if we're all five years old and will believe anything. All the over excitement drives me insane. As for her being good at what she does, I'm not sure about that. She actually puts me off buying anything.

I heard her say that too and thought it total b*ll*cks! If it's too dark for your skin colour, it's too dark. Otherwise, why bother having different shades - just have the one that "adjusts" to your skin colour.

When I was at Sephora in the Florida Mall in July they had discontinued LG,they now have it at Macy`s,I do agree with the difference in colour of BB,ordered the Tan one and it was was really orange.
LYNN

Linda Sephora is your best bet for LG , always a large stock

Oh bum, didn't go in there, I hate the way they follow me around trying to flog me their most expensive perfume ! I only popped in to Fl Mall to get a couple of bits from Vic's Secret :blush:

Linda xx

Oh bum, didn't go in there, I hate the way they follow me around trying to flog me their most expensive perfume ! I only popped in to Fl Mall to get a couple of bits from Vic's Secret :blush:

Linda xx

Yes, we only popped into Florida Mall for Yankee Candles and we all know how that turned out ! LOL. We actually preferred Altimonte Mall this time as it was smaller and easier to get around in one go. Where did you go for your LG goodies. I went to ULTA for mine (the one at Altimonte and the one at Orlando Square) and both didn't have very much stock in of LG. This was also the case re: OPI.

Yes I agree. The original one was far too dark for me and no it doesn't adjust. DF has got worse in my opinion. She talks to the viewers as if we're all five years old and will believe anything. All the over excitement drives me insane. As for her being good at what she does, I'm not sure about that. She actually puts me off buying anything.

Couldn't agree more, Bensmum. The b&b in regular is far too dark for me, now trying the fair, bit pale but wearable at this time of year. Flint is right back where she started, directing the show, asking for shots and telling the models what to do. She has a very pretty face but no idea how to dress and her condecension is unbearable. cannot watch her.

in fairness to DF i heard laura geller say the same thing. not 'if so and so's sold out it doesn't matter' but the bit about 'the shade you pick isn't crucial cos it has so many different colours blended in - 3? - it will find the right colour for your skin'. so DF may have been repeating.

i want to like b&b but i can brush it on till the cows come home and it still looks like bare skin.

I like Debbie Flint - she is fast becoming my favorite presenter - I really like Julia, I know she is controversial - but I think Debbie Flint, as a single woman, really tries is live life to the full and do as much as she can. I actually think she is the most interesting presenter they have (in her personal life).

Yes, we only popped into Florida Mall for Yankee Candles and we all know how that turned out ! LOL. We actually preferred Altimonte Mall this time as it was smaller and easier to get around in one go. Where did you go for your LG goodies. I went to ULTA for mine (the one at Altimonte and the one at Orlando Square) and both didn't have very much stock in of LG. This was also the case re: OPI.

Yes I got mine in Ulta - the one at Winter Garden Village. The Orlando Sq branch didn't have the fair and I couldn't be bothered with Altamonte or The Loop !

Still, I made up for it with lots of other shopping

Linda xx

I do like Debbie and was very disapointed when she left for a while; shes fun and likes a giggle but as others have posted she will say anything to sell, but most must be aware of this and just take it with a pinch of salt.

The medium B+B is far too dark for me and the fair seems just right. In the days when you could only get the medium I used the bronze and brighten with it (only the once) and got a shock! It looked terrible so I did have to be careful how it was applied so personally I wouldn't got for the medium as an alternative.

Latest posts

Back