Andrea McLean Diamoneeek

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
What do you think? I like quite a bit of it but don't have the dosh atm to buy. Some of it is a little pricey but like the slim eternity ring for £27 plus p&p

I am watching it now, she is looking more polished :) I like that friendship bracelet, with the ladybird, but won't be buying it. Some of her items Are pricey!

That slim band ring is lovely but I bought an eek eternity ring a few months back which is lovely so I'm not buying.

Most of what I've seen is very classic which means I like it but it's hardly innovative design. I was expecting something a bit different. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

I like the solitaire ring but sixty smackers is a lot for a bit of silver and cubic zirconia

I always look in last clicks for eek. I like a bit of eek but I like it at the best price possible too.

Tinkerbelle I got a fab 'eek Eternal ring in Last Clicks for £5 plus £2.45 p&p and it's fab. That was a v good price!

I'm not embarrassed to say I love a bit of eeek!! I haven't seen any of her stuff today except a couple of pieces on the morning show and I thought they were pricey.I too always look on last clicks and ebay.

I have some lovely bits of eek too, but it has gone up a lot of late unless my memory is failing as the years advance. Will be watching the 6pm show. I am a "last clicks" purchaser these days, got a beautiful bangle off there a couple of months ago, about £20 ish down from £60, was really pleased.

I liked it, but as has already been said, it's not really anything groundbreaking. I like Andrea though, I find her very personable and she had a good rapport with Pipa I thought :nod:

I also think too pricey, but then she has to rake her percentage.

She basically has launched the very popular usa style known as the halo ring, and added same style earrings etc, in that 'halo' look which Harry Winston is the daddy of. (I think Mally has some Moissanite of this halo style - moissanite being the 'safer' choice to wear out & about)

I think the halo style is very popular. I am sure Carmels' new ring is halo style (but in diamonds, of course)

I am a DMK convert these days.I have some of the real thing ( not massive pieces!) but they are right when they say you can have the look without either paying the price or being frightened of loosing/ being stolen etc. Think this is a nice, if conservative range ( I don't mind that) but agree some of the prices seem higher than other ranges.I have a ceiling price for DMK & would certainly not pay £60+ for a piece.

^^^^^^

I agree. I remember when 14k gold mounted eek was first choice selection on QVC

Since my first piece in 1996 (which was 14k) the quality of eek has lowered dramatically, its easily noted by putting an older 'stone' next to a newer one. The older stones, have more depth, substance, it seems, and much more believability... more like diamonds/moissanite
Newer eek stones are whiter, brighter, more 'fake' looking, more mass-factory. I guess this is the reason why QVC have more or less ditched the 14k so matching the metal to the stone - cheap with cheap mounting

Luckily Im a 'white gold' woman, so having platinum or silver, or steel is ok. I tend to stay away from Veronese as some items are far too yellow. But a lot of women have yellow wedding bands and sticking white next to yellow bad doesn't look quite right, to me.

The above in relation to this post? Well I remember my first 14k diamonique HUGE ring was £49 ... now being sold (or similar) on qvc for £200.. so yes, Andrea's (and tovas) far too expensive

Wondering if anyone knows what sort of money someone like Andrea would make on this? Must be worth doing.

love my diamonique and buy most if not all on last clicks. glad i bought my gold when i did as its really expensive now. still wearing stuff i bought from the begining of qvc and love it.

Newer eek stones are whiter, brighter, more 'fake' looking, more mass-factory. I guess this is the reason why QVC have more or less ditched the 14k so matching the metal to the stone - cheap with cheap mounting
Yes I agree with you about this. Eek looks like glass imho and put next to the real deal it's glaringly obvious it's fake and no matter how much kidology the presenters try on, it's a fact. I do like some of the more understated stuff to wear as decent costume jewellery and the Eternal range is the best for this imo but those great big stonking lumps of glass set into rings are vile, although just right I suppose for a night out down at the Slug & Lettuce or an evening at the bingo...wearing a bit of animal print of course! :mysmilie_62:

I'm afraid I'm guilty of wearing my pale yellow wedding band next to a white eek.

I met my DH when I was so young,and still at school.We got engaged and back then,no one,like ever,had a white metal wedding ring.Silver back then was classed as very "inferior" and platinum was so rare,it certainly wasn't "on the high street" like it is now - and no internet to buy it!!

I'd been married a good few years until all the "whites" became popular nearing the millennium

So when I got married I had a yellow gold wedding band,engagement ring and later on an eternity ring.My wedding ring is just a plain band,my eternity ring I still love to bits and my engagement is very small and petite and not what I would choose today,if I'm honest - but back then,I was young and petite and it suited me.

in fact if I would do my wedding again today,I would look very different and have very different things compared to the way I did it as a young bride.But thats life isn't it?

Forward to today,my jewellery taste is completely different.I love anything bling and sparkly.I love my white metals and almost hate of whats left of my yellow gold jewellery (I sold a lot a couple of years back).I now wear completely white metals - but just cannot bear to take my wedding ring off,or change it.

its part of me,it matches Mr RD's and I think he would be heartbroken if I were to change it.It just feels like it should be there.

I do have the AY diamonique ring and I love it.I have been known to take my wedding ring off for "functions" and wear that instead of my wedding ring...but it doesn't feel right.

So (in a long way,sorry lol) I now wear my plain gold band and an eek engagement style ring with it.And if I'm honest I really like it.When you look at my hand quickly,the metals seem to mix - you're not sure whether they're both gold or both white - its not until you look closely you see.

I've never been questioned why I've mixed them - in fact my colleagues have complimented them - my nan wears her gold wedding band with a (real) platinum diamond that was her mums - people just don't question these things.

I do actually have a gold cariad clogau ring which I still love-its about the only gold piece of jewellery that I still love - and I'm always searching for the perfect white eek to wear with that,so I can still continue to wear it and enjoy it.

I have heard JF comment on how much she loves and wears only white metals now - and she admits that her wedding and engagement rings are the only gold she still wears - because you just don't take them off do you? Although like I say,mines now only my wedding band.

Lots of my friends and colleagues have had their DH's buy them new white wedding sets,but I don't want that.

Latest posts

Back