I know there is another Lola Rose thread but...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I have just been along to the other thread and it is jam packed full of links to her products.

Why I wonder?

Do other people actually like her things?

I find them totally boring and overpriced and all very very samey - hearts, roses and endless beads and pendants.

Why on earth would this jewellery be so popular?

I avoid Lola Rose programmes like the plague, they are so so boring. I've never seen so many links posted in one thread for products.

This is why I have posted a new thread just to see if other people find her jewellery as BORING as I do.

:cheeky:
I have just been along to the other thread and it is jam packed full of links to her products.

Why I wonder?

Do other people actually like her things?

I find them totally boring and overpriced and all very very samey - hearts, roses and endless beads and pendants.

Why on earth would this jewellery be so popular?

I avoid Lola Rose programmes like the plague, they are so so boring. I've never seen so many links posted in one thread for products.

This is why I have posted a new thread just to see if other people find her jewellery as BORING as I do.

Ditto. Don't dislike it, but as you say all very samey.
I wouldn't say no to a necklace and earring set, but only if someone else was buying (maybe I should become a teacher?? ):cheeky:

Her jewellry is not to my taste, and I find her annoying. Another lady started a thread about a jeweller saying something she wanted altered was just coloured glass, when she thought it was a stone called dyed quartzite. This is like sandstone (glass is made out of sand). Looking at the description of the Lola rose TSV it is indeed dyed quartzite. I will let you ladies decide if this constitutes being made of gemstone. And YET ANOTHER "put together for QVC" item. What does this mean? You can only get this necklace with the bracelet on QVC, or is the whole thing only for QVC? If the latter this means "not good enough for her stores" IMO.

To be fair a lot of jewellery is made of glass, murano glass is jewellery, but another one is dichroic glass, then there is blue and brown sandstone to name a few. And just to make another point quartzite is a real stone, it is a pressure and heat treated form of sandstone , and these stones can be coloured to almost any colour

Well on the rare occasions when I have caught site of a bit of her programmes I would be hard pressed to know the difference between any of her goods from one month to the next. They are all beads, (whether or not they are real gemstones), they are all earthy tones and they are all expensive. Surely things like this can be bought in Next or any other high street store?

i like it on screen but am disappointed with what I get for my money when it arrives,so I've just stopped watching and buying.

I don't have anything against glass jewellry, I have a red murano glass heart and murano pandora beads. It's when they try to pass it off as a gemstone that I get a bit irked. The price is higher because of it, and it's probably cheap as chips to make!

I love jewellery but I cannot say that I like this Lola Rose stuff........I thought it was just me!!:sad:

It also seems very expensive for what it is....thread and beads.

It's not the 'stones' used that i do not like,I like sandstone etc etc it's the way it is all put together and I am not overfond of heart shaped stuff,to me it is something a teenager would wear after having got a free gift stuck to the front of a magazine.

However it is popular and the world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same thing.

I'm a big Lola Fan as not being able to wear metal, for years I've had to buy plastic jewellery which can look a bit naff to be honest, esp when you get to a certain age and you want a couple of nice pieces that mean something. When you compare LR to similar items from the high street, I do think the quality of Lola is vastly superior and when you see them in real life, they look expensive. I've had plenty of jewellery from Next, Marks etc and although they are ok, they aren't anything I would purchase to mark a special event - there isn't a wow factor with them from my point of view. LR aren't cheap but I buy when there are sales so the prices seem reasonable to me :clapping:

i agree with pollybelle. lola rose does some lovely pieces and imo i can spot the genuine article. i get many many compliments wearing lola rose and the quality is very good. some pieces i wear 3-4 times a week for several years and still looking good.
the fact is this is a designer range and can be a little pricey but i get pieces from her website in the sales at fantastic discounts,e-bay and even brand alley.
i can and do wear any jewelery but this is one range that i love to wear the most.

I have a few of her tumble bracelets in rose quartz,amethyst and some light blue char something. I dislike hearts so ignore quite alot of her stuff. Have one of her bracelets bought from Brandalley which is rose quartz with freshwater pearls, never seen these anywhere else.

She is classed as niche designer so the prices will be high, hell you go look at Dior faux jewellery costs hundreds. That is because it is Dior designer.

No well this is it, I have never been into this whole designer thing at all. Years back in the 80's when my daughters started wanting trainers because they were a certain "make" I realised the world was going mad then. I buy things because I like the design and if they suit me and if they are well made. I see no point at all in lining somebody's pocket just because they are supposedly "designer". When you consider that most of the manufactured goods are made in the Far East somewhere anyway, chances are that they are all made by poorly paid workers somewhere.

I like Lola Rose stuff but it is expensive. I usually buy mine from Amazon or the LR web site in the sale. The TSV has been put together as a set for QVC but the individual items are on the LR site for over £80.00 if purchased separately.

I do like Lola Rose and bought the TSV and matching Maude ring today using my Easy Pay Xmas code. I bought the shadow quartz. I do think LR jewellery is very beautiful, tactile and substantial in quality. There are lookey-likeys out there but the quality is missing. I have just sold a couple of LR pieces on Ebay that I don't wear much to help pay for today's purchase though as £75 plus £6.90 p&p is a fair whack this time of the year, well anytime of the years really. I've had to chip in about £20 of my own money to pay for it so fairly happy. Hope its nice when it arrives!

I like her jewellery too, especially as it's easy to put on and take off.No fiddly catches and it's weighty enough to feel good. I think this TSV may be unpopular though, as without EP's, not many people can afford to just splash out £50 on their kid's teacher...! ;-)

The Lola Rose woman corrected Jill Franks when she referred to Sandstone as a gemstone, she said it was a type of volcanis stone theat had been treated to make it look like blue sandstone. To me this kind of jewellery looks as if its made of plastic in fact it is very similar to the fashion jewellery sold at M&S.

it does not seem to be selling that fast. its a bit similar to my other lola rose heart pieces so will give it a miss. love her statement flower rings and necklaces

i'm not that fussed about it and I love jewellery! I guess I prefer sparkly things. I have bought it as gifts but not from QVC and thought that the quality was lovely and the packaging is very attractive. I bought my sis a bracelet for her birthday and she loves it, but her taste is very different from mine and one of my dearest friends loves Lola Rose and it really suits her style.

Sandstone is very nice but when alls said and done, it is altered by man to look like that. I like LR pieces as I love Rose quartz as well but have never purchased due to the over inflated prices just because of the name. It is personal preferences as there's some things I won't pay extra for and in this situation, I know the stones are not worth the prices they charge.

I've bought some Bambi bracelets for my daughters as they are colourful, small & neat, but they do not appeal to me because the dangly bits that would drive me mad. I was quite tempted by the last TSV but I'm not keen on hearts.

Latest posts

Back