Do they think we don't price check?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
I know Qvc are expensive, but sometimes they really take the P!! The Trespass sci-fi sledge is £11.99 (RRP £14.99) and FREE DELIVERY on Play.com and on QVC it's £17 with a whopping £4.45 delivery. I can just about accept the extortionate P&P as it covers the month's trial (I struggle tbh!!!) , but to price it a fiver above what it's selling for elsewhere is astounding. No wonder my shopping has tailed off with them this Christmas. They must think we're all totally simple! :angry:

I think they think their target audience is an older generation who they can rely on not to use the internet.

I suppose some of their prices are reasonable because they can buy in bulk or strike up deals with the 'firms,' but most things can be got elsewhere at a better price with cheaper or free P&P ........ and they arrive faster.

I ordered something from eBay yesterday, that I'd previously bought from QVC (because of the 30 mbg.) It was £16 cheaper, the postage was less and it arrived this morning ....... 19 hours after I placed the order. That's what I call service.

We bought a 50" TV from Q about a year ago, it was £800 and on 4 easypays, our TV had just died so we went for it. A week later Currys ran a big advertising campaign with our TV as the star attraction at £549, exactly the same model, we checked as we couldn't believe the price difference. We rang CS who rather abruptly said, QVC don't claim to be the cheapest on the market and we could send it back if weren't happy - which is what we did. Also I don't see the outrageous postage cost as covering the MBG, as play have a something similar I believe, and they post everything for free.

I think that, despite the fact that the total cost can sometimes be more expensive, shopping with QVC can have it's advantages. For me, the option of being able to return an item if you change your mind, and the way in which QVC make the entire shopping process so easy and enjoyable, encourages me to shop with the channel. Also, if a product develops a fault in less than 12 months, they are more than willing to sort it out. So it is, essentially, shopping without the risk I believe comes with making purchases from the high street.

I totally accept that they may have to charge a little extra, but nobody likes getting taken for a complete fool
1sm148jester.gif
I would have thought that the exorbitant P&P alone , made them a healthy profit, but to then bump up the price on top of that seems a bit much. I've not bought things from them because I've price checked and because adding up the cost of multiple purchases brings the P&P up to ridiculous amounts. I know they've lost lots of purchases from me due to this.
I suppose the best way to look at QVC is it's a 'treat' shop to splash the cash on the odd occasion when there's a tasty TSV ~ the rest of the time it's just comfort background TV!

Their bulk buying and warehouse must cut some huge costs compared to shops. There is the cost of putting everything on TV but if you comapre that to having a shop in every town/city to cover the area they do no comparison.
They rely on the 'deals' you can't get in the shops but tbh some of the sets I don't use all of them.
But I still buy - less so than I used to.

I think they are expensive on some things - especially electronics. But it is good to be able to try beauty products and return if you do not like or they do not suit you. I have in the past spent £20 on face creams from Boots only to use a couple of times and then throw the rest away. At least you can try with qvc and if you like you can buy in future from other places. The tsv's and sets are also good value - normally 4-5 products for around £40 - if you go into Boots and try to buy individual quality skincare (even Olay or Lloreal) you will pay the best part of £20 per bottle.

I do agree that the P&P is the worst bit - especially if you buy 3 or 4 items then you will be paying £20 ish. They really need to sort this out. Most online retailers have a spend limit for postage i.e if you spend over £50 then it is free.

Latest posts

Back