Is it just me?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fluffwump

Registered Shopper
Is it just me, or has QVC become really boring, I hardly ever watch it any more, and when I do everything seems so overpriced, I know prices have increased generally, but QVC's seem to have gone through the roof, especially diamonique, which luckily I bought enough when it was reasonable, but now the prices seem crazy, and the beauty hours seem to have got so dull.

Not just you. I hardly ever watch now, unless there is something I love, like Lola Rose. Although even with that, I am normally tempted by loads of things, but yesterday it was just the TSV for me. Their idea of what to give as gifts is not the same as mine!!!!!!!!!!

It's me too...I only just looked on the website just now to see today's viewing guide - I have regular purchases (ABC Skinwash) and other stuff..jewellery mainly, and not that much of it tbh...comes via Last Clicks - I don't know whether it's me, or them!

Thanks for that. It's reassuring to know it's not just me. I've recently moved and have been off line for a while. I used this forum in tangent with watching QVC and it suddenly occured to me that I'd stopped doing both. I've missed being on line more than I've missed QVC, which I only watch now for minutes at a time. At one time I felt as if the presenters were personal friends-now they just sound like market traders doing a hard sell sales patter. Amusing for a short time but wears thin very quickly.

Best wishes from Springfliower.

I have a neb when I'm flicking round channels. But it is expensive especially with the old p and p (sorrrrrrry mentioned again!!). I look on last clicks and often see 2 or 3 things to buy but again its the p and p - do you think they will ever change it? They are pretty much on their own with their policy on that now.

Is it just me, or has QVC become really boring, I hardly ever watch it any more, and when I do everything seems so overpriced, I know prices have increased generally, but QVC's seem to have gone through the roof, especially diamonique, which luckily I bought enough when it was reasonable, but now the prices seem crazy, and the beauty hours seem to have got so dull.

Me too Fluffwump. It's just yawn,yawn,yawn.

have also more or less stopped watching, will look for the Honora tsv, but even they are not so tempting, the p&p really mounts up if you want more than one so I just don't bother xx

It also seems to me that items go from the intro price to the QVC price quicker than they used to but then maybe that's so they can go into Last Clicks sooner. :thinking:

I am really really bored of QVC, even hubbie has noticed the decline in parcels...ok the lack of craft is a factor, but I've not bought any presents from there this year...this says a lot when you compare with last year.

I will watch now and then, but there was a time I'd make a point of tuning in for a show or a TSV, I can't remember when I last did that!

I too just enjoy browsing clearance and last clicks!

IW has been boring for a few years now, I still watch C&C...but only for Dean and Leonie if I'm honest.

I'm exactly the same for the same reasons. I also get really fed up with the way the presenters are so pushy to the point of "hysteria" at times. Some are more articulate than others so at least they are amusing in small bursts but they all spot a load of rubbish.

yep agree, I hardly ever watch a full show now, couple of minutes and then turn off. The presenters are becoming parodies of themselves these days and the cost of shopping on QVC is too high especially when most of it can be bought on other websites with free P & P and you dont need to listen to the sales patter.

I just come on here now for updates and a chat and a laugh! I dont even stay up for TSV's now as most of the time they are still in stock later in the day, I think gone are the days when a TSV would sell out in an hour!

I think over the next year I will probably give up on QVC altogether.

yep agree, I hardly ever watch a full show now, couple of minutes and then turn off. The presenters are becoming parodies of themselves these days and the cost of shopping on QVC is too high especially when most of it can be bought on other websites with free P & P and you dont need to listen to the sales patter.

I just come on here now for updates and a chat and a laugh! I dont even stay up for TSV's now as most of the time they are still in stock later in the day, I think gone are the days when a TSV would sell out in an hour!

I think over the next year I will probably give up on QVC altogether.

Thats a bit drastic Ilovelulu.

I am at the point where I almost hope they close my account due to high returns, because that would really give me the kick I need to give up watching altogether!

Sounds drastic, but honestly-do I need my QVC account any more? Probably not!

Its getting so that a lot of the products are for QVC ONLY ! TBH I dont want to buy into that - because do I really want to be spotted in public with something I could have only bought on QVC, well this may sound snobbish, but NO I dont. As it is I have seen the odd Indigo Moon jacket and thought, oh another qvc watcher, and I dont want that to be said about ME ! I want to be like the secret lemonade drinker, dip in and out but nobody knows !!!!!!!

I am at the point where I almost hope they close my account due to high returns, because that would really give me the kick I need to give up watching altogether!

Sounds drastic, but honestly-do I need my QVC account any more? Probably not!

I couldn't give up QVC entirely as there are some things I will always like from there and to be honest I get the VAT of the item and the P&P..so for me I am lucky and items can be cheaper, also it is handy for sending gifts to people on the mainland. I find though that I don't impulse buy anymore, maybe because I hardly ever see anything that shouts 'buy me'!

Today's schedule is incredibly boring, like a rolling show of 3 or 4 major lines. Once you have seen the TSV that is it, no more to see. That does look a good buy and have ordered it , altho I am normally not keen on Gatineau but Andrew tells a good spiel.

the Ying Yong stuff, or whatever it's called, looks really nice but very expensive and fortunately not in my size.

Latest posts

Back