Apple products 15/12/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wrongsideof40

Registered Shopper
I don't know if it's been posted already but on Thursday 15th December at 10pm there's a Q Technology hour featuring Apple. :clapping:

yep i knew about this and was going to keep it hush until i found the acutal items for the show but as per usual they will be over priced and cheaper everywhere else the only real benefit is either easy pay or the money back garantee

yep i knew about this and was going to keep it hush until i found the acutal items for the show but as per usual they will be over priced and cheaper everywhere else the only real benefit is either easy pay or the money back garantee

SORRY. Me and my big mouth. How sad am I ,I got really excited when I saw it was on. A really good price Apple TSV in the near future would be nice , oh well I can dream.

Hopefully it won't just be a show full of iPod Touch and Nano etc. I'll defo watch although I am all Appled-up with an iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and MacBook Pro. I still hanker after the big £899 Apple Thunderbolt 27 inch display screen that I could connect my MacBook to but that really does have to wait until I've won the lotto lol

SORRY. Me and my big mouth. How sad am I ,I got really excited when I saw it was on. A really good price Apple TSV in the near future would be nice , oh well I can dream.

aww dont about it but i didnt wanna mention it and then it be a let down as ive been watching the hours in the states for ages but even the TSVs are over priced with added accessories that you dont need or dont want, bit like beauty TSVs here there is always something in it you dont want

Hopefully it won't just be a show full of iPod Touch and Nano etc. I'll defo watch although I am all Appled-up with an iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and MacBook Pro. I still hanker after the big £899 Apple Thunderbolt 27 inch display screen that I could connect my MacBook to but that really does have to wait until I've won the lotto lol

well in the advert i saw a macbook and a desktop version and the ipad so it could be an intresting hour to say the least

You have nothing to apologise for, everyone is free to post information on shows, products etc....

Bugger. It'll be an iPad2 on easy pay and that'll be my credit card weeping!! I sooo want an iPad but I don't need one. Easy pay could make my weak willpower weaken completely. Then I'll be broke until Easter.

Bugger. It'll be an iPad2 on easy pay and that'll be my credit card weeping!! I sooo want an iPad but I don't need one. Easy pay could make my weak willpower weaken completely. Then I'll be broke until Easter.

When you get your iPad2 you'll find out you actually needed it after all. Guaranteed to make you happy, even whilst you're broke ;-)

I also desperately want an ipad2. I blame Flamenco for the great info on the archos tsv thread. The Apple website has 0% interest for upto 10 months.

Last edited:
My hubby is giving me an Ipad 2 for xmas - I can't wait. We ordered it on 'Black Friday' the day after thanksgiving directly from Apple when they have a sale - we saved about £50 on the 64gb one. We also got 4% from Quidco. It was delivered within 2 working days on a specified day for free, wonder if QVC will be able to give this service :cheeky:

I too am all 'Appled up" have a iphone 4, macbook, ipod touch and shuffle. I love their products and their customer service is great. Also if you pop into the store they will give you loads of tips and advice. My sons iphone 4 broke a couple of weeks ago, it is 18 months old so out of guarantee. When we rang Orange they said he could pay £170 and have a refurbished one as a replacement. We went into the Apple store and they sold him a brand new replacement one for £50.

I did see a program last week and one of the presenters mentioned the Apple show think it could have been Julian.

Last edited:

All you can do is dream with QVC and any innovation.They don't seem interested in bringing anything but same old ,same old .Nick and his TV,s,Matt Trim,and his cameras,and a few computers.They bring nothing new to the game anymore.Once upon a time they did.Now just boring and predictable..and expensive.
Besides that,Appple hasn't got anything new out on the market apart from the iPhone 4s which is the stop gap measure phone,until the proper new iPhone 5 comes out,if that ever happens.
They'll probably have a few Ipod Touch devices,that they'll flog on easy pay.
QVC has gone from strength to weakness,and is more up itself now than ever before.

I can't understand the fuss about an ipad, can someone please explain?

The smallest is 16GB, and the extremely expensive biggest one is only 64GB, sounds way too low to me.

I bought an Archos 7 inch touch-screen tablet from Q at least 5 years ago and it is 160GB! It is also wi-fi enabled, so I can browse the web with it.

It will even record from my TV if I want to, which the ipod can't. I can drag and drop anything from my PC on and off it, which the ipad won't.

As far as I know, you can't use the ipad as a phone, so you still have to carry a mobile around.

So please try and convince me why I may want an ipad.

Try and convince me too. I've looked at the ipad in the shops and it must be me, I really can't see what the appeal is other than displaying media. I must be the only person who really does not get on with Apple products! I like the design but not the user interface and the only item I was going to purchase would be that Nano but my mobile phones replicate that functionality better.

If the ipad had a stylus and Microsoft OneNote/Office I'd be interested. Even if it did, its substantially overpriced to seriously consider in comparison to a laptop.

The ipad is primarily an internet browser/media tool. It is not designed to replace a laptop/computer. The main idea behind the 16gb is that Apple are 'lifestyle' products, so they encourage loyalty to the brand and therefore use the lower spec ipad to stream from your mac book etc. And no, I don't have one! Hubby is having a mac book air (think its called) for xmas so been doing a lot of research.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I have the original ipad and I use it instead of lugging a laptop around, I have to email documents that I have done on it too myself as I dont have a mac just a bog standard pc. It is really convienant for anyone who spends yime travelling but needs to keep workng. Dont have an iphone and never would I dont like them will stick with my Blackberry I do have an ipod touch but hardly ever use it now

I've copied and pasted what I originally posted under the Archos thread a few days ago regarding the iPad 2. It really depends upon what you want out of a tablet - for me its always going to be Apple. It is so well designed and engineered and it all just works seamlessly. I've not had a single problem with it since buying it back in April.

About the iPad 2, well, I've listed below all the things I use mine for and what it can do, if that helps

1. Yes you can transfer your photos to an iPad using an iPad Camera Connection Kit for £25. It works brilliantly. Before iOS5 I used it to transfer photos from my iPhone to my iPad but now it automatically transfers across. I do still use the camera connection kit to transfer photos from a memory card to the iPad

http://www.apple.com/uk/ipad/accessories/

2. You cannot use Flash on an iPad . However, there's lots that you can use it for. I have downloaded the iPlayer and 4OD apps which are brilliant for catching up[ with telly. Of course you can also watch downloaded films from iTunes (you can buy or rent them). If you have an iPhone you can watch QVC live via the QVC app which you can also install on the iPad but the screen will be much smaller. I also use the BBC new site and can watch live TV using that app. You can of course download lots of media content from iTunes - I am going away abroad this week and am downloading a couple of rental movies from iTunes to watch on the plane.

3. There are tons of games to play on iPad - Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, Scrabble are some of the games I play regularly.

4. There is a great Ebay app if you use Ebay a lot and you can use the iPad to sell items on Eba. The Facebook app is good and I also blog using the Blogspot app from time to time

5. The Skype app is great too - It has a full screen so you can really interact with the person you're talking too. Apple has FaceTime installed on the iPad which is Apple's version of Skype for Apple users - so you can use it to contact anyone else on their iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac etc. You can also use iMessage which allows you to message anyone using an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch free of charge over WiFi connection.

6. You can use the internet via Safari, but there are lots of apps for popular sites like Facebook and even ST.com via the Tapatalk Forums app. Many apps are free although there are many you pay for. iPad apps are generally more expensive than iPhone apps.

7. I use it also for online banking. I'm with RBS and they have a really good RBS app. Its secure too.

8. Apart from its entertainment aspect, it has some serious business applications too. Professionally I use Apple's office suite - Pages, Numbers and Keynotes. I use Pages frequently on the iPad which is a word-processing app. It enables me to produce documents and email them. I can also transfer them onto my MacBook Pro using iTunes as I store have a library of documents on my Mac. I also use Keynotes, to produce presentations using the iPad and can even use my iPhone as a remote control. These apps are phenomenal. They are very easy and quick to use and the presentations you can create on Keynotes are impressive and very professional looking. I also have various apps which I use professionally to obtain information whilst I am out on a job. My usage of the iPad is about 70% for business and 30% for leisure now. Huge emphasis is often placed on the entertainment aspect of the iPad, but its real versatility is in the business world. I'm discovering more and more what it can do for me professionally on a daily basis.

If you really feel you cannot get on with the touch keyboard (it feels different initially but you soon get used to it) you can buy a portable Apple keyboard which connects to the iPad via Bluetooth. It costs about £57 I think.

8. You do not need to buy a 3G enabled iPad. I have a white iPad 2 32GB WiFi which cost me £470 and a further £30 for a smart cover. I access WiFi in various ways whilst outside the home: Access to BT Openzone/BTFon is free if you're a BT Total Broadband customer. You often find BT Openzone in places like Starbucks. You can get free Wifi via The Cloud in Caffe Nero and MacDonalds. If I can't get free Wifi then I used to use a MiFi dongle from 3 (PAYG or contact) which is a little device that emits its own Wifi hotpot. You can use it with any wireless device

http://store.three.co.uk/view/produc...ferer=carousel

As you can use it with any wireless device it is cheaper and more versatile than being tied into a 3G contract for your iPad as you can only use it on your iPad.
Now that I have an iPhone 4S I can tether my iPhone to my iPad via Bluetooth. My iPhone becomes a WiFi hotspot for my iPad. I don't pay any extra for this - but whatever data I use on my iPad whilst tethered to my iPhone comes out of my iPhone contract monthly data allowance.

9. A factor often overlooked is the after-sales customer service. At Apple you are treated with respect as a customer and their after sales service is 5 star. You can walk into any Apple Store, go right up to the Genius Bar and someone will always help you. I cracked my screen on my previous iPhone (a 4), on a contract with O2. I went into Apple and they gave me a replacement free of charge. Whilst I was there I overheard another assistant replacing someone's faulty iPad without any quibble whatsoever. How many places can you go into and be given a replacement product that costs £500 without any negotiation or persistence? For this reason alone, Apple are worth it. I have no idea what Archos are like with after-sales customer service but I bet they're not a patch on Apple. I know that if I have any problems with any Apple product, Apple will sort it out for me without any hassle. And they do it with courtesy and a smile. Never grudgingly. My kind of company.

10. And lastly, its does what it says on the tin. An iPad is such a pleasure to use, its so intuitive and not a day goes by where I am discovering what more it can do for me. For the aesthete, it is a beautiful product with its sleek, slim body and clean lines. How could you not want one?

Latest posts

Back